Do we really expect Darnold to play /PHI?

Paradis

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Really?  No excuses at all?

What about his red hair?  Have you seen Andy Dalton play?  It's a known limitation...like Russell Wilson's height.

Don’t forget the USC QB thing.

This kid has the odds against him, his back is against the wall, but he’s going to come out swinging on Sunday.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I’ve had a personal look at Mono over the past few months in my own family and it’s one of the weirdest sicknesses I’ve ever seen. That being said all that matters is the sonogram of his spleen. 

Mono tends to be a 6-8 week illness however it’s very hard for people to pinpoint when it starts as the incubation period can be 4 weeks. 

Once you actually get “sick” you are spent, totally exhausted and this is when you lose weight. 

The second week you are “sick” your appetite starts to come back and the exhaustion dissipates but you aren’t yourself  

By the third week (and this depends on multiple factors) you tend to feel completely fine and the next couple weeks frustration sits in as you are waiting for the spleen sonogram but feel healthy. 

Sam has his first week being “sick” September 1-8 (game was on the 8th which he played already ill). 

His second week was when the diagnosis was public (8th-15th). Third week (15th-22nd) and fourth week (22-29) 

Sept 29th-Oct 6th is his 5th week since getting “sick” which likely means he has been physically ok for 2 weeks with the only physical issues being his cardio and the spleen size  (timing is a different discussion). 

He should be easily physically “well enough” to play and likely will be in the lineup as long as his spleen has shrunk and is back behind his rib cage so it’s protected.  If his spleen is still enlarged there is zero chance he plays. 

So the coles notes being -- he's realistically another week or so away from being 100% physically recovered.... and that begs the OP question... is this really a good decision to start him being this oline in his shape? What's to gain here?? What's another week on this sh*t-show... 

I'll never forgive this team if he gets steamrolled into the hospital this sunday because he's not on top of his game (protecting himself, getting rid of hte ball on time, taking hits, etc)

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ive been called a darnold hater, but the darnold lovers are even worse.  You hope he doesnt play???

i cant even fathom what this mindset is.  

I can't even understand what the rush is.  You want to rush him out while he is still recovering behind this pathetic offensive line for what? Another loss?  This team is years away from competing in the long run holding him out letting him regain his conditioning and placing him in a position to better succeed is more important than a win in a lost season.  You people thinking the Jets are going to go 9-7 are on drugs.

I'm guessing you never had Mono.  I didn't feel 100% for 3 months after I was over the fever.  Everyone is different but the fact that his spleen still isn't back to normal tells me he isn't ready to play this week.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

27 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

If he’s cleared by doctors, yes. Im assuming doctors clearing him to play means there’s no chance he has adverse effects while playing. 

In my opinion, he's had no contact and just recently began to practice again. No way I would chance it. 

6 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

I can't even understand what the rush is.  You want to rush him out while he is still recovering behind this pathetic offensive line for what? Another loss?  This team is years away from competing in the long run holding him out letting him regain his conditioning and placing him in a position to better succeed is more important than a win in a lost season.  You people thinking the Jets are going to go 9-7 are on drugs.

I'm guessing you never had Mono.  I didn't feel 100% for 3 months after I was over the fever.  Everyone is different but the fact that his spleen still isn't back to normal tells me he isn't ready to play this week.

Dude, c’mon. Sammy is fine.

Trojans are tougher the Spartans. Beat them every war.

Everone here knows that. Have you learned nothing from @HelenOfTroy?

27 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If the Doctors told you that he can play, get hit and there is no risk would you NOT play him????

No, I just don't think he is ready. By that I mean not being as strong as he needs to be physically. It takes many people months to recoup physically. Certainly he is a professional athlete and in much better physical shape than most people. Yet, my contention is that it is too risky to play in less than top physical shape and behind this line. 

• Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Can you doofuses screaming that he “shouldn’t” play please make a logical argument as to why? Darnold says he feels 100%. He is practicing fully. If the doctors clear him it means there is no risk associated with his spleen. What exactly would we be holding him out for? You don’t lose months of conditioning became you take a few weeks off. He’s missed 3 weeks not 3 months. I’m honestly baffled by this stance.

this doofus doesn't want to see the kid's spleen get messed up.  the guy isn't cleared yet.  

i'd wait one more week - have him fully practice and then go against Dallas.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

Mono is not the same for everyone.  Just like the flu or anything else you can get.  Its apparant darnold had the lightest case of “mono” ever recorded in human history.

Hes playing Sunday.  If you cant see that then i cant help you.

So fans like you can be upset hes playing while ill be estaic he is back and enjoy watching him shred this awful eagles secondary.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I’ve had a personal look at Mono over the past few months in my own family and it’s one of the weirdest sicknesses I’ve ever seen. That being said all that matters is the sonogram of his spleen. 

Mono tends to be a 6-8 week illness however it’s very hard for people to pinpoint when it starts as the incubation period can be 4 weeks. 

Once you actually get “sick” you are spent, totally exhausted and this is when you lose weight. 

The second week you are “sick” your appetite starts to come back and the exhaustion dissipates but you aren’t yourself  

By the third week (and this depends on multiple factors) you tend to feel completely fine and the next couple weeks frustration sits in as you are waiting for the spleen sonogram but feel healthy. 

Sam has his first week being “sick” September 1-8 (game was on the 8th which he played already ill). 

His second week was when the diagnosis was public (8th-15th). Third week (15th-22nd) and fourth week (22-29) 

Sept 29th-Oct 6th is his 5th week since getting “sick” which likely means he has been physically ok for 2 weeks with the only physical issues being his cardio and the spleen size  (timing is a different discussion). 

He should be easily physically “well enough” to play and likely will be in the lineup as long as his spleen has shrunk and is back behind his rib cage so it’s protected.  If his spleen is still enlarged there is zero chance he plays. 

Lyme disease is way weirder 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mono is not the same for everyone.  Just like the flu or anything else you can get.  Its apparant darnold had the lightest case of “mono” ever recorded in human history.

Hes playing Sunday.  If you cant see that then i cant help you.

So fans like you can be upset hes playing while ill be estaic he is back and enjoy watching him shred this awful eagles secondary.

Quite an amazing grade A troll post where you first insinuate that Darnold didn't even get mono and has been faking it the whole time and then you set it up by saying he's going to light up the Eagles defense so if he doesn't you can continue with your trolling. You have been taught extremely well and must have graduated valedictorian at Troll Academy

48 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

this doofus doesn't want to see the kid's spleen get messed up.  the guy isn't cleared yet.  

i'd wait one more week - have him fully practice and then go against Dallas.

IF THE DOCTORS CLEAR HIM HIS SPLEEN ISNT AT RISK. Holy crap you guys are thick headed.

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Are you saying he didn’t have mono or the Jets are morons?

I was just being silly. 

That said, I dont see the benefit of rushing him back.  The Jets arent winning this game with or without him.  Just give him the extra week. 

If the medical staff clears him medically, then it is up to coaching staff to determine if he is in shape to play.  Its been several weeks since he could paactice or workout,.  If he needs time, then I hope they give him the extra week.  But if the staff believes he is in game shape and ready to go then he plays.  Regardless of OL, opponent, etc.  Your best players should play.

If I had to read the tea leaves, I would say he probably plays.  But what do I know.

Mono affects everyone differently.

i had it when I was 19. For a few days I was holed up in bed. Four weeks later I probably forgot I ever had it. Others are sick for months.

if we believe the reports, Sam feels good. He allegedly only lost 2lbs and he’s working on getting his stamina back. If his spleen checks out there’s no physical danger in him playing... other than some rusty QB play, which would still be better than Falk.

I don’t know why some are acting like we’re rushing him back from a shoulder injury or ACL tear or something. 

15 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Mono affects everyone differently.

i had it when I was 19. For a few days I was holed up in bed. Four weeks later I probably forgot I ever had it. Others are sick for months.

if we believe the reports, Sam feels good. He allegedly only lost 2lbs and he’s working on getting his stamina back. If his spleen checks out there’s no physical danger in him playing... other than some rusty QB play, which would still be better than Falk.

I don’t know why some are acting like we’re rushing him back from a shoulder injury or ACL tear or something. 

Yeah and it's not like he's a typical guy taking over the counter medicine and napping to feel better because that's what I had to do when I got it.

He's a multi-millionaire with the best medical resources in the world at his hands. 

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Bingo. I know you’re exaggerating his stat line, but you just know Sammy D is ready to roll.

Sam is back. @SAR I called it. 9-7 and the playoffs. The way Brady looked Sunday 10-6 and the division might still be in play!

I’m with our captain on this one. Sam is an insanely accurate, elite FQB. Wentz is glass and Zac is a game manager. The Jets beat Philly and Dallas. We’re suddenly 2-3 with New England at home. The Buffalo games proved Sam is better then Brady, you just know Sam is going to light it up, make Brady look old. 3-3.

The pig is slaughtered.

Awesome.

Do you love our new uniforms?

SAR I

31 minutes ago, Lith said:

If the medical staff clears him medically, then it is up to coaching staff to determine if he is in shape to play.  Its been several weeks since he could paactice or workout,.  If he needs time, then I hope they give him the extra week.  But if the staff believes he is in game shape and ready to go then he plays.  Regardless of OL, opponent, etc.  Your best players should play.

If I had to read the tea leaves, I would say he probably plays.  But what do I know.

The good thing is, it's not like playing QB requires extreme conditioning unless you're in an offense that requires your QB to act as a RB at times.  Then you need a well conditioned athlete.  Otherwise nonathletic uncoordinated goobers cheater sumbags like Tom Brady wouldnt be the "GOAT" at the position. 

Bad news for the Jets is, their OL and scheme is dog sh*t and they're not allowed to hold like the Pats.  So conditioning might matter a little more here but what I'm more concerned about is; even if the spleen (see avatar) has gone down in swelling, isnt it still sensitive and susceptible to damage considering it has been enlarged for the past few weeks?  I'm just afraid and we know it's going to happen, of an unblocked rusher unloading on Sam.