Do we really expect Darnold to play /PHI?

Paradis

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Awesome.

Do you love our new uniforms?

SAR I

NO!!!! :curse:

Hate the helmets. Both the logo and Christmas ball finish, Matte finish was the play.

White jersey, green pants good. Reversed bad. Blacks aren't bad. Should've gone with grey.

I'm more cautious with this.   I don't trust the coaching staff to look into SAM's best interest long term (And the Jets best interest long term).   The team looks like complete crap.   Gase knows Darnold is his only hope.   This is the Jets.  If there is a way to screw this up, they will.  And where have I heard of a player being cleared to play and then ruined?  Oh yeah:

Week 14, Griffin hurt his right knee on a hit by Haloti Ngata:

rg3hurt.0.gif

With the team down eight points and driving, he tried to keep playing after missing only one play. In a postgame presser, Mike Shanahan said Griffin was given the A-OK by team doctor James Andrews:

"(I said) 'Hey, Dr. Andrews, can Robert go back in?'

'Yeah, he can go back in.'

'Robert, go back in.'

"That was it," Shanahan said.

In January, Andrews revealed that conversation never happened:

"(Griffin) didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion. We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

Griffin re-entered and played four downs, clearly hobbled. He eventually hopped off the field, giving way for Kirk Cousins, who threw for a touchdown and got a two-point conversion. Washington wins in OT.

The injury was revealed to be a mild LCL sprain. Griffin missed Week 15, but is back for Week 16.

Griffin was cleared to play in Washington's playoff game against Seattle, albeit wearing a knee brace that causes him to limp slightly. The knee bothered him from the get-go, and he heads back to the locker room after a few big hits from the Seahawks.

Griffin vehemently argued that he should be allowed to return to the game, and Shanahan let him. It was evident that this was a very bad idea from the get-go: Griffin was clearly limping and his mobility was restricted, as he got hit on plays where he normally would've escaped.

Then, on a botched snap in the fourth quarter, his knee buckled:

rg3hurt.0.gif

23 hours ago, Paradis said:

The guy is in non contact jersey and still recovering from a serious albeit wonky Illness. Do we really He’s going to get rolled out there behind that Oline in 3 days? 

If the reports that he had mono a couple of weeks before it was diagnosed then the expected time frame to recover works out.  Would fit the shorter time period to recover that was first reported.  I’d think that he’d have to pass the full battery of tests to determine his availability as well as have strong practices 

17 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I'm more cautious with this.   I don't trust the coaching staff to look into SAM's best interest long term (And the Jets best interest long term).   The team looks like complete crap.   Gase knows Darnold is his only hope.   This is the Jets.  If there is a way to screw this up, they will.  And where have I heard of a player being cleared to play and then ruined?  Oh yeah:

Week 14, Griffin hurt his right knee on a hit by Haloti Ngata:

rg3hurt.0.gif

With the team down eight points and driving, he tried to keep playing after missing only one play. In a postgame presser, Mike Shanahan said Griffin was given the A-OK by team doctor James Andrews:

'Robert, go back in.'

"(Griffin) didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion. We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

Griffin re-entered and played four downs, clearly hobbled. He eventually hopped off the field, giving way for Kirk Cousins, who threw for a touchdown and got a two-point conversion. Washington wins in OT.

The injury was revealed to be a mild LCL sprain. Griffin missed Week 15, but is back for Week 16.

Griffin was cleared to play in Washington's playoff game against Seattle, albeit wearing a knee brace that causes him to limp slightly. The knee bothered him from the get-go, and he heads back to the locker room after a few big hits from the Seahawks.

Griffin vehemently argued that he should be allowed to return to the game, and Shanahan let him. It was evident that this was a very bad idea from the get-go: Griffin was clearly limping and his mobility was restricted, as he got hit on plays where he normally would've escaped.

Then, on a botched snap in the fourth quarter, his knee buckled:

rg3hurt.0.gif

I understand your concern, but again, Darnold doesn't play if he isn't medically cleared. This isn't a situation where Emporer Gase is deciding to insert his QB back into the middle of a big game. Darnold is undergoing a medical exam tomorrow to determine if he can play. 

It's apples and elephants. 

19 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I'm more cautious with this.   I don't trust the coaching staff to look into SAM's best interest long term (And the Jets best interest long term). 

Gase is in year 1, and has had a ton of injuries to deal with.  I could be wrong, but I think the idea that this is a make-or-break year for him with the Jets is pure fan fic.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I understand your concern, but again, Darnold doesn't play if he isn't medically cleared. This isn't a situation where Emporer Gase is deciding to insert his QB back into the middle of a big game. Darnold is undergoing a medical exam tomorrow to determine if he can play. 

It's apples and elephants. 

Agree

Not getting why we’re comparing a loose, torn ligament that needed either time or surgery to heal and a viral infection that needed to run it’s course 

3 minutes ago, Welp said:

I would think they're going to be cautious and not do something stupid. Imagine the backlash they're all going to have to face if Darnold's spleen ruptures in the Philly game.

Just did some research, surgery for a ruptured spleen takes about 30 minutes, so if it happens in the 1st quarter he can still make it back by late in the 3rd.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Beaver said:

'Robert, go back in.'

The Redskins might have the worse medical staff in the entire league. Their star left tackle doesn't want to play because of the medical staff. The Jets haven't been good on the field. But we've never heard about anything close to what goes down in Washington from a medical standpoint. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

My 25th anniversary is Sunday. We have an amazing weekend planned. 

wife is a big fan, but we decided months ago that an amazing weekend was the obvious choice over a regular season game that we can just record 

So I expect that it will be the game of the century ?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

This is a tough call:

I mean, he wants to be out there.  The team wants him out there.  But there is NO CHANCE IN HELL he should play if that spleen is a tad oversized.  You are first and foremost risking his life, and second the 10-year future of this team.

Not to mention, those doctors, while I am sure under pressure to clear him (to a degree), will want to make DAMN sure he is okay.  He comes back, gets hit, and that spleen ruptures, there are some doctors facing a WHOLE lotta trouble.

The Jets will be smart and the decision will rest solely in the medical staffs hands. I think he is close, but his spleen will need to be considered 100% before he plays. I suspect due to lack of QB moves that the medical staff anticipates clearing him on Friday but my gut says Darnold comes back in the Dallas game.

If he doesn’t play and Falk gets hurt it could get impressively ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Honestly, I think this decision should be based on the confidence people have in this OL. Sammy will get cleared by the medical staff either this week or next IMO, but sending him out there knowing imminent death is coming his way, is as dumb as sending him out there with a swollen spleen.

Rushing him back would be a mistake...like the kind of mistake with long term consequences.  Let's face it, this team is not yet ready for prime time and rushing him back solves nothing. Hell, with this OL, he might as well bank on going back to the hospital.

Not sure how 6-7 weeks becomes 3-4 but if we're looking to ruin our franchise QB, rush him back. If we truly value this kid's health and future as our franchise QB, eat the L and play Falk - since apparently getting a stopgap FA QB was out of the question. 

Whether I go to the game or not depends on if Darnold is playing. Can these guys make their decisions already? Joking. 

We’re in a tough situation. We cannot go to 0-4. It will completely end any small chance we had at possible making the wildcard. Then again, we cannot throw Darnold in there and jeopardize our long-term success. This season is off to a terrible, terrible start. 

17 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Whether I go to the game or not depends on if Darnold is playing. Can these guys make their decisions already? Joking. 

We’re in a tough situation. We cannot go to 0-4. It will completely end any small chance we had at possible making the wildcard. Then again, we cannot throw Darnold in there and jeopardize our long-term success. This season is off to a terrible, terrible start. 

I believe Darnold will play. which only means we'll play well enough to cover the spread.

22 hours ago, Paradis said:

The guy is in non contact jersey and still recovering from a serious albeit wonky Illness. Do we really He’s going to get rolled out there behind that Oline in 3 days? 

So amazing that anyone here actually bought the bulshhhht about him returning this week.  It was NEVER going to happen (so say the MDs I know). They also say that he likely should sit next week too, but the Jets will have a fan-base nightmare for that game if they don't start him.  

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So amazing that anyone here actually bought the bulshhhht about him returning this week.  It was NEVER going to happen (so say the MDs I know). They also say that he likely should sit next week too, but the Jets will have a fan-base nightmare for that game if they don't start him.  

Not gonna matter next week. You and I both know it's going to be a Cowboy home game.