The Biggest Problem Is Gase, NOT Falk

PCP63

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nothing. You're absolutely right. Julio Jones gets separation because Dan Quinn calls the good plays. If he played under Gase, he'd be subject to the bad plays and then his name would be Juli-no Separation Jones.

It's almost as if you completely ignored the last sentence.

2 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Yes, it does help. Hence how the Patriots consistently dominate no matter their personnel outside of QB. 

Agree with PCP The O Line is a major culprit but Gase is not blameless either. Remember when Parcells took over he took a 1-15 team and got them to 8-8  Then when Vinny went down and after he realized Mirer wasn’t the answer he took Ray Lucas played to his strength and made him a decent QB which made the Jets competitive that’s what good coaching can do. Granted Parcells had more talent on team but the fact is he coached Lucas up put him in a position to win something that Gase has not yet proven he can do. Only wish Parcells realized that Mirer wasn’t the answer earlier that was an excellent team he assembled 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

I am NOT saying Gase is blameless. But when you players that look like turnstiles on the OL and WR's glued to DB's, there is so much more blame to concentrate on.

There is plenty of blame to go around. And I'm in no way saying we'd be winning with a different coach. But we could be far more competitive, even with our trash players. 

• Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, Pac said:

By this logic Gase should be able to win with Kevin Hart at WR and Richard Simmons at QB.

Falks' performance was so abysmal it's hard to be that mad at him..  he's simply incapable of being a QB in the NFL. 

If Gase decided they were good enough to be on his team then yes, he should be able to 

Falk is bad but he is gases hand picked player from the draft and brought over from miami.  He was also evaluated to be good enough when our other qbs went out despite live bodies being out there.

So Gase is clueless re QB talent.

He has also had a far worse looking offense than our previous 3 or 4 jag ocs had and has had just as much if not more talent.

He's a huge fraud and how people did not see this coming is beyond me.  As I've said many  times.  Gase to us was like Rex going to Buffalo.

A person with no recent record of achievement to back up their attitude.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Stop Gase!! He’s holding back Luke Falk! He deserves better! 

All this offense needs is a true play caller. Nothing else. 

Not saying that at all. What I am saying is coaching plays a large part in the success of a team. You have essentially the same OLine as last year ( with two former all pros at guard and center and if they are not working out coach should see that and make necessary changes in blocking patterns or personnel) while not at a good line it was not the disaster this years line is. Not blaming Gase for everything wrong but he must be held accountable as well. Case in point Our defense was supposed to be horrific with lack of talent no pass rush no corners etc etc but they are playing better than expected not the sieve everyone expected them to be all because in my opinion is due to Greg Williams 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Falk is bad but he is gases hand picked player from the draft and brought over from miami.  He was also evaluated to be good enough when our other qbs went out despite live bodies being out there.

He has also had a far worse looking offense than our previous 3 or 4 jag ocs had and has had just as much if not more talent.

He's a huge fraud and how people did not see this coming is beyond me.  As I've said many  times.  Gase to us was like Rex going to Buffalo.

3cjxby.jpg

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

I didn't say we could WIN with a bad QB. What I'm saying is that with the play designs of Gase, there are always unblocked guys, and never any open wide receivers. 

I mean, have you seen how wide open Pats WRs are? That's not skill, that's coaching. 

This is just not true. I read a stat - believe Cimini dug it up, that the Jets receivers are gaining more separation than most other teams receivers. The line is really bad, but the QB is really bad too. Did he ever try to escape? He just sits in a collapsing pocket.

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You talk about this as if Gase went out of his way to make Falk his franchise QB or something. If you’re a coach, and needed a QB in a pinch, wouldn’t you go with someone who’s familiar with what you’ve done and hope maybe you can get by until your starter gets back? 

Our previous OCs haven’t dealt with a third string QB. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

By this logic Gase should be able to win with Kevin Hart at WR and Richard Simmons at QB.

Falks' performance was so abysmal it's hard to be that mad at him..  he's simply incapable of being a QB in the NFL. 

Other teams are doing it Jacksonville, Carolina. Even in the Past Bill Belichick won games when Brady went down Matt Cassell. Nobody is saying Falk should look like a franchise QB but this is pathetic this offensive system is terrible I be willing to bet when Darnold gets back it still looks terrible then fans will call Darnold a bust Gase is Rick Kotite 2.0. It's so unwatchable I turned the Giant game on.

This is the last thing we need to find out before next offseason. We know we need a completely new OL. And any thought of Edoga being the answer at any of the tackles spots in the near future likely should go out the window. We know we only have Bell, Crowder and Herndon as reliable weapons. So we need another WR or two.

The only question remaining unanswered on the offensive side is Gase. Darnold started to play well towards the end of last year. So, we somewhat know he can play well even with bad players around him. If Darnold struggles this year, Gase needs to go. If he plays well, then we know it's not Gase but the QB. We really have to wait until the end of the year to evaluate Gase and Darnold to some extent. 

Falk is bad. 

The roster is one of the worst in the league.

Gase is not a good coach. 

The Jets have been without their top two QBs for three weeks and haven’t done a thing to bring someone in the interim.

All of these things are true. It’s probably at least another two years and a coaching change before the Jets could be considered for the playoffs, and that’s with at least two good drafts and not losing Darnold to free agency. 

BRB finding a bridge. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Falk is bad. 

The roster is one of the worst in the league.

Gase is not a good coach. 

The Jets have been without their top two QBs for three weeks and haven’t done a thing to bring someone in the interim.

All of these things are true. It’s probably at least another two years and a coaching change before the Jets could be considered for the playoffs, and that’s with at least two good drafts and not losing Darnold to free agency. 

BRB finding a bridge. 

Osweiler or Sanchez? I’d lean Osweiler. I think. 

18 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

You talk about this as if Gase went out of his way to make Falk his franchise QB or something. If you’re a coach, and needed a QB in a pinch, wouldn’t you go with someone who’s familiar with what you’ve done and hope maybe you can get by until your starter gets back? 

Our previous OCs haven’t dealt with a third string QB. 

Uh yeah and that is what he did he thought the guy could play, meanwhile every one and their dogs back up or 3rd stringer is looking at least serviceable if not better.

He chose falk  to step in.  The guy is awful.

Other teams are dealing with back ups or total unknowns they are doing at least seasonably well.

If gase knew this guy was this awful why is he here? 

This teams offense has looked bad under Darnold, simian and falk.

2 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

You should have stopped right after those 1st 4 words. Gase can't be evaluated with a QB that should be in Div. I college.

Serious question - why not?  Why do you feel it's necessary to defend what you see on the field?  Gase was bad before he got here.  He's now lost 7 straight.  What is it you like?

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Uh yeah and that is what he did he thought the guy could play, meanwhile every one and their dogs back up or 3rd stringer is looking at least serviceable if not better.

He chose falk  to step in.  The guy is awful.

Other teams are dealing with back ups or total unknowns they are doing at least seasonably well.

If gase knew this guy was this awful why is he here? 

This teams offense has looked bad under Darnold, simian and falk.

Minshew, Allen and Rudolph. Maybe these 3 are just...good? Maybe their OLs aren’t absolute trash? I can’t imagine Mcaffery running wild behind our OL like he is in Carolina. Why sign Foles to a big contract if they knew Minshew was legit? 

He chose Simien to step in. He was out in one quarter. Not every team has gems sitting their third on the depth chart. 

5 hours ago, PCP63 said:

5 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Yes, Falk sucks. Obviously. But Gase is the much bigger problem. When we're watching Falk, it's not that there are these intricately-designed plays with wide-open receivers. No. The blocking schemes are trash, the receivers aren't schemed open, and the play designs as a whole are just terrible. 

When people say that Gase shouldn't be blamed because he has to play a third-string QB, it implies that there are wide-open throwing and running lanes everywhere, and it's the players' failures for not hitting them. In reality, it's just crap play design. If you put Brady back there and made him run those plays, he'd look terrible, too. But not because of a bad OL, it's because the coach isn't getting the best out of his players. And I think that really sums it up. Gase is not putting his players in positions to succeed, so even with good players, they'd still fail. 

ly sums it up. Gase is not putting his players in positions to succeed, so even with good players, they'd still fail. 

Ah...the NY Jets specific reincarnation of the Chicken or the Egg conundrum.

Is it the coaching is so bad the players can't play?

Or do the players suck so bad no coach can look even somewhat serviceable?

I'm glad you definitely know the answers here...me?  I'm not too sure.