Took a half day at work tomorrow. How about you?

HighPitch

46 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What a sad indictment of this franchise.  Sitting at 1-4 playing a mid-season game, and it might be 'the most glorious moment in 5 years".

Wow, that's just sad.

I have to say, since I blasted you for being a negative nilly/Debbie downer several months ago, you've made some good progress in trying to be positive.

But this is bad.

Yea, it IS sad but the Pats were awful forever until they became dominant. Its also marks the probable end of the Pats dynasty. It is a BIG GAME papppi choolo

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

It is a BIG GAME papppi choolo

Ok, I'll play.  Why is it a "big game" as you see it?

It has no important on this year's playoffs or division race (maybe to Buffalo if we pull the massive upset, but not to us).  

We're 1-4 (1-5 if we lose) and effectively out of contention already.

They're 6-0 and the reigning Super Bowl Champion.

What makes this a "big game" more than say, the Pats playing the Bengals?  Other than we love the Jets?

I want nothing more than to win, I loathe the Patriots.  That makes it important to me as a fan.  It's hard to see it as important broader than that, especially if we lose as the odds say we will, by alot.

And with that said, there is a big difference between a "big game" and "the most glorious moment in five years".  I could maybe buy big game if I thought we were on the cusp and were going to have a huge breakout.  

It doesn't change that for it to be the most glorious game in five years, we've had to have a lack of glorious games the past five years, which is sad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Ok, I'll play.  Why is it a "big game" as you see it?

It has no important on this year's playoffs or division race (maybe to Buffalo if we pull the massive upset, but not to us).  

We're 1-4 (1-5 if we lose) and effectively out of contention already.

They're 6-0 and the reigning Super Bowl Champion.

What makes this a "big game" more than say, the Pats playing the Bengals?  Other than we love the Jets?

I want nothing more than to win, I loathe the Patriots.  That makes it important to me as a fan.  It's hard to see it as important broader than that, especially if we lose as the odds say we will, by alot.

And with that said, there is a big difference between a "big game" and "the most glorious moment in five years".  I could maybe buy big game if I thought we were on the cusp and were going to have a huge breakout.  

It doesn't change that for it to be the most glorious game in five years, we've had to have a lack of glorious games the past five years, which is sad.

Man youre a tough nut to crack

yes i too loathe the patriots. To me, there has to be a point where lines cross. The pats, brady, belli all getting older means their line must be trending downwards. The jets finally have a fqb ( even though you doubt that too...but ok) so our line has got to be going up.

thats why this is a huge game. The jets are improving, the pats are dying. Its going to happen at some point and tonight might be it. The lines are meeting. Its all math.

thats why its huge. Pappi please chill out have some of that single malt

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Why. Were not going to the playoffs ?

If we win tonight - we are going to the playoffs - I truly believe that.   with the schedule they have 8-2, 7-3 isn't at all out of the question.

Plus I like beating the Pats and most importantly Darnold would have had to had a big game - it'll mean the kid's really growing up...

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If we win tonight - we are going to the playoffs - I truly believe that.   with the schedule they have 8-2, 7-3 isn't at all out of the question.

Plus I like beating the Pats and most importantly Darnold would have had to had a big game - it'll mean the kid's really growing up...

Hmmm sounds like one of the biggest games in well...maybe .... 5 YEARS!,,

52 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

The jets are improving, the pats are dying. Its going to happen at some point and tonight might be

A nice thought. But I’m a show me, don’t tell me kinda guy.

So let’s see if they show us. Be nice if they did.

52 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Pappi please chill out have some of that single malt

Work night, sadly.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Jets are probably going to lose. But they sure have a shot to win. If they win, can you remember a more glorious moment in the past say ....5 years? I cant.

so to be safe, I took a half day. Ill come with a manageable hangover at noon. Im siked as hell. Told the wife not to come to the bar tonight because she doesnt like when I get loud and scream and such. Tonight, Im screaming.

anyone else taking off?

In at 10.

9 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Jets are probably going to lose. But they sure have a shot to win. If they win, can you remember a more glorious moment in the past say ....5 years? I cant.

so to be safe, I took a half day. Ill come with a manageable hangover at noon. Im siked as hell. Told the wife not to come to the bar tonight because she doesnt like when I get loud and scream and such. Tonight, Im screaming.

anyone else taking off?

On the flip side, if Jets lose like they are losing right now, you’d need to drink a little more alcohol to forget the misery, so good call on that day off!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HighPitch said:

anyone else taking off?

I left the bar at half time.....  I’ll be in at 8.  ?

13 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I quit my job and abandoned my family for this game. 

Actually surprised you hadn’t murdered them years ago

13 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I have to be at Westchester Medical Center at 5AM and American Dream at 9AM.  I don't think I'll be able to watch the entire game unfortunately.  

Lucky you

11 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I have to say, since I blasted you for being a negative nilly/Debbie downer several months ago, you've made some good progress in trying to be positive.

But this is bad.

Yea, it IS sad but the Pats were awful forever until they became dominant. Its also marks the probable end of the Pats dynasty. It is a BIG GAME papppi choolo

So because another team stunk then became good, fans of every trash team are required to be optimistic? Does not compute. Like saying a guy won the lottery two counties over so everyone should drain their savings for tickets. 

8 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Man youre a tough nut to crack

yes i too loathe the patriots. To me, there has to be a point where lines cross. The pats, brady, belli all getting older means their line must be trending downwards. The jets finally have a fqb ( even though you doubt that too...but ok) so our line has got to be going up.

thats why this is a huge game. The jets are improving, the pats are dying. Its going to happen at some point and tonight might be it. The lines are meeting. Its all math.

thats why its huge. Pappi please chill out have some of that single malt

PIG IS RIPE

• Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, Stark said:

I probably should take a half day and will probably regret it tomorrow. 

yup

20 hours ago, prime21 said:

People at the office.....

We lose - "Jets suck"

We win " Pats played like sh*t last night"

Jets just suck.

Don't regret not taking the day off. Sat through every minute of that @$$ beating and still don't know what our plan of offense was. Oh wait, "you know what to do, put the ball in the end zone". Trying to live off of Sam's mobility and now the kid started to look like David Carr last night.