5-5 Jets in November?

kevinc855

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Beat the jags, dolphins, giants and redskins and you are 5-5 with a home game against Oakland coming up.

This is not a totally implausible scenario is it? 

It’s not impossible, but my guess is all those teams see the jets as winnable as we see them. If they beat the jags this week, I think that’s realistic to talk about, but they are coming off an embarrassing performance all around and there isn’t much reason for optimism against the jags this week

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Beat the jags, dolphins, giants and redskins and you are 5-5 with a home game against Oakland coming up.

This team sucks they can't even get leveon 100 yards rushing. Score a rd in a game on offense on a consistance basis. They aren't winning anything . They will be seeing lots of ghost with gases googly eyes around. Fire his ass and that cartoon looking offensive coordinator and ol coach

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

so.. adam is gonna win that coach of the year award THIS season    :mrgreen: 

It’s not implausible per se, but it’s probably not going to happen.

For one thing, Jacksonville’s defense is absolutely capable of embarrassing this offense.

I could see us scoring 3-10 points on Sunday. And, if we somehow did win this game, I’d almost expect Miami to get their first win against us. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I agree it’s not implausible. It will be interesting to see how the team responds.  

Sure, it's possible, but the Jets needs to start playing at a much higher level.  They have put together exactly one good game this entire season.  To think they are suddenly going to string together 5 good games in a row is more of a pipe dream than a reasonable expectation.

10 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Sure, it's possible, but the Jets needs to start playing at a much higher level.  They have put together exactly one good game this entire season.  To think they are suddenly going to string together 5 good games in a row is more of a pipe dream than a reasonable expectation.

Most of us view this as theoretically possible but highly unlikely. 

But I don’t know how they see it at One Jets Drive.  Under the Johnsons the Jets have never given up on bad seasons and reaped the benefits of that.  Thinking this could happen is likely keeping them from trading one year wonders to benefit their future. 

Watch this space.  

Jacksonville is going to smoke us this week. Who’s covering their WRs? Who’s playing LB? And who’s blocking their pass rush? Sure they’re vulnerable against the run but our OL couldn’t block Rutgers at this point.

3-7. We’ll beat Miami. Split with the Giants and Skins. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I have a hard time seeing this team beating the Jags.  Lets beat them first, then think about after that.

because till then, yes, it IS implausible to start thinking 5-5.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This is possible ONLY if Gase actually decides to remember how to coach an offense.  A flawed offense needs good coaching and game planning to get wins, even against inferior teams.  So far all we have seen is a flawed offense AND a flawed coach.  Gase hasn't exactly inspired many fans to believe in him and Darnold has been very inconsistent, but for some reason, I still think the Jets are going to reel off a few wins in a row.  I guess this line of thinking is what they call battered Jets fan syndrome. :help: 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

It’s not implausible per se, but it’s probably not going to happen.

For one thing, Jacksonville’s defense is absolutely capable of embarrassing this offense.

I could see us scoring 3-10 points on Sunday. And, if we somehow did win this game, I’d almost expect Miami to get their first win against us. 

I’m worried about this scenario. We beat the jags, everyone one feeling good again with 3 awful teams next and then go out and lay an egg against Miami

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Of course not.

But don't tell the Defeatist Victim SOJF Brigade, you'll spoil their pity-party Friday.

SAR I