Jamal Clip

SR24

Just now, Maxman said:

We need the Cowboys to get knocked out of the playoffs because they give up a late TD to a tight end.

Then the trade will be for a 1st and a 3rd. Plus the Cowboys don't get Adams all year, we make him stay with us and suffer lol.

F that. Send Jamal off to the Dolphins. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • Self-promoting:  Proved that today.  
  • Low impact:  The D has been well below average each season he's been here.   
  • Losing player:  Never won a thing at LSU and is 10-29 here.  
  • Waste of a high draft pick:  Duh.  

And he's a classic DSM-V narcissist to boot.  

Makes sense that he still resonates with you somehow.  

I agree with this and with @Jetsfan80

(The new me) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

What a little bitch.  Should have shipped him out of town for the 1st and 5th. 

I was hoping for a 1st and C/G McGovern (if he fits their scheme whatever that is)...Maybe the Jets can revisit that in March

Jets still have leverage since they can control him for 2 more yrs...Jets don't like any proposed deal since teams will try to low ball them they can just wait it out..Not ideal..But tough sh*t, Jamal. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Just because you say hes like Antonio brown doesn't mean he is...  I'll let you know if he starts acting that way..  for now hes got a big ego and needs to get over himself a bit..  we'll see if he does.

As arrogant a response as Jamal Adams'. No wonder you're defending the indefensible. 

goat GIF by Cheezburger

26 minutes ago, Pac said:

That's your opinion..  not joe ds, jeRahs, or decostas, or pretty much 99 percent of football fans and pundits.

If those teams thought he was a plus player, he’d be on one of those teams, but they each viewed him as a late first round pick who could bring some energy for a stretch run. If literally any of those teams threw in a three with that late first, they could have had him, but they individually decided Jamal Adams wasn’t worth a toss-in third round pick. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Fwiw, flipping around the radio and social media, Jamal is getting killed in every corner. For an image obsessed dope like he is, he’s going to lose his mind 

Thats actually good to hear. I thought that most people would be all pro Jamal, because you know.. most people are morons. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Fwiw, flipping around the radio and social media, Jamal is getting killed in every corner. For an image obsessed dope like he is, he’s going to lose his mind 

180 is coming, as I said earlier. Most will lop it up 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If those teams thought he was a plus player, he’d be on one of those teams, but they each viewed him as a late first round pick whom could bring some energy for a stretch run. If literally any of those teams threw in a three with that late first, they could have had him, but they individually decided Jamal Adams wasn’t worth a toss-in third round pick. 

I think the Cowboys will regret not adding a bit more and getting Adams.

He was not worth the 6th pick in the draft, and will not be worth $12mm/year, but for the Cowboys, he was worth a late first round pick and throw in 3rd.  Look at the last few Jet third-round picks, and Cowboy 3rd round picks for that matter.  He would have helped a Cowboy team that will start to pay its QB serious money soon.  

The recent NFL players who have made lots of noise about not liking their current teams have been able to shoot their way out.  Don't think its a good trend for the league.  The Steelers tried to draw the line on it with Bell.   Look at Bob Sanders' career.  The Jets should keep Adams here until he falls apart.  Franchise him if necessary.  

FROM THE NY POST ARTICLE:

Jamal Adams tried his best to thread the proverbial needle, repeatedly saying he was excited and happy to still be a Jet yet admitting he remains hurt and upset that his name was the subject of trade talks.

Coach Adam Gase and general manager Joe Douglas tried to speak to the Pro Bowl safety on Wednesday, but Adams declined to have those conversations, feeling he wasn’t ready to clear the air.

Adams’ emotions were still raw.

He sounded betrayed, after telling the two decision-makers he wanted to be a Jet for a long time before Sunday’s loss to the Jaguars. But on Monday, Adams heard from people he trusts that the Jets were shopping him.

“When I heard that, my agent called me and told me what was going on, it definitely hurt me,” Adams said. “I hold myself at a high level. The Rams don’t take calls on Aaron Donald. The Patriots don’t take calls on Tom Brady. That’s where I hold myself.

“When you feel like you’re on the same page and you have a meeting and you’re told something different, it sucks.”

On Tuesday, Douglas said the Jets weren’t shopping Adams, but simply fielding calls.

Adams also said Wednesday the report by ESPN’s Ryan Clark that he wanted to be a Cowboy was accurate, but only when he thought he was going to be traded. Adams is from the Dallas area.

“I would love to go to (the Cowboys),” Adams said. “I am born and raised in Dallas. … Michael Irvin is like my uncle.”

Perhaps Adams winds up there in the offseason. Everything seems on the table right now. Adams was unwilling to say he plans to be a Jet past this year.

“For the future, I don’t know,” he said. “I really don’t. I thought I did, but I don’t know right now.”

Douglas reportedly asked the Cowboys for a first-round pick and two second-rounders. The new general manager believes Adams is “absolutely” part of the long-term future of the franchise, but at the moment it’s not certain if that’s feasible considering the fractured nature of the relationship between the front office and one of its star players.

“I have a lot of goals and aspirations and dreams here in New York,” Adams said. “I was told something and it didn’t happen that way. … For three years, I came here and I’ve done nothing but work my butt off, continue to improve, continue to be a great leader, continue to be a great teammate, and when you see certain things like that, you hear about it, you get calls, you’re in shock a little bit. At the end of the day, it’s a business. I get it. I understand it. I hold myself in a high regard and obviously they don’t feel that way.”

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

I think the Cowboys will regret not adding a bit more and getting Adams.

He was not worth the 6th pick in the draft, and will not be worth $12mm/year, but for the Cowboys, he was worth a late first round pick and throw in 3rd.  Look at the last few Jet third-round picks, and Cowboy 3rd round picks for that matter.  He would have helped a Cowboy team that will start to pay its QB serious money soon.  

The recent NFL players who have made lots of noise about not liking their current teams have been able to shoot their way out.  Don't think its a good trend for the league.  The Steelers tried to draw the line on it with Bell.   Look at Bob Sanders' career.  The Jets should keep Adams here until he falls apart.  Franchise him if necessary.  

The Cowboys are playing an actual bad player at strong safety and they still wouldn’t pony up a few picks for Jamal Adams, which is as big an indictment on Adams as you can get. The Cowboys think they can get to a super bowl this year and they still said “nah” to picking up an eminently affordable Adams who was begging to go to the Cowboys. He’s wildly overrated and now there’s actual, quantifiable proof

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To be fair, I’ve been bitching about Jamal Adams for this exact sh*t the whole time. That it’s taken this long for Jamal to turn up the volume loud enough for everyone to hear it is a further indictment of San extremely weak core of beat writers. Dude has always been a me-first puss and now the world knows it 

If you were at an event and Jamal requested to talk to you, would you go? Just curious 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Personally, it’s not about Watson and Holmes for me. It’s about Mike Maccagnan blowing yet another draft on players who aren’t worth what we’re paying, Jamal included. He’s overrated and now he’s exposed as a me-first jerkoff. If one of these enterprising beat writers could put down the Xbox for a few minutes, they should ask a few players in the Jets locker room what they think about Adams right now. That would be fruitful.

I partly agree with this. I directed my disgust at the person who actually called the shots. however as a player playing his position, Jamal Adams has been one of the best at his position, which means that he's not overrated. The overrated part comes from his draft class. It IS about Watson and Mahomes, because it cannot be about his ability as a Strong Safety.

The problem is he cant get out of the shadow of a sh*tty regime that was supposed to be better than Idzik but ended up being worse, as well as being the Strong Safety drafted before the football version of Michael Jordan and Lebron James. 

That's going to follow his career, but hopefully it doesnt follow Macc's career because he should no longer have one in the NFL to follow. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I wanted nothing to do with Watson or Mahomes. I was all about Darnold/Rosen the following year.

I wanted either Fournette or Adams in that class.

We wound up with Adams and I was thrilled at the time.

But the guy has proven to be a narcissistic douchebag who creates a turnover once a season on average.

As others have said, he’s a great self promoter. I’ll certainly give him that.

But anyone who acts like he’s some irreplaceable cog in this teams future is kidding themselves.

Douglas should’ve pulled the trigger on the 1st and 4th that the Cowboys were supposedly offering. Hopefully that offer is still on the table come March and we jump all over it.

Having two 1st rounders, a 2nd, two 3rd’s and two 4th’s (with around $50 million in cap space) can go a helluva long way towards rebuilding this team if Douglas is really worth his salt.

I also remember folks lamenting that we should have taken Hooker over Adams. This Mahomes/Watson stuff is mostly revisionist history.

27 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

UPSIDE: watching The Prez put the clownsuit on every velcro-shoed homer who’s spent the last two year forbidding anyone from mentioning the names Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes

DOWNSIDE: whatever the Cowboys offered yesterday is probably the best offer we’ll ever see for Dimestore Beckham 

I’d have to imagine we can still get at least a first round pick for him. It would prob be from a playoff team so a late first but screw it. I’d take it.