A defense of Adam Gase....

RonaldJet

3 hours ago, rammagen said:

but here is the rub Gase had input in that line and how they worked in the off season and he could not see then and just blocking schemes then? So he also has a part in that...the next question how does and entire offensive line regress in one yr? 7 players get worse at one time. I wonder what the odds are on that?

Gase wanted Matt Paradis and Maccagnan refused to get him. That’s the extent of the “input” Gase had into that line. If you guys think there’s a magical offensive scheme that makes Chuma Edoga and Alex Lewis look like functional NFL offensive linemen, you’re out of your minds. We wondered why Edoga was taken off the draft boards of a bunch of teams and now we know why. They suck and when the line sucks, it’s over for you. What Maccagnan did by ignoring the OL is ******* criminal and this is the end result. You don’t find good NFL offensive linemen on the street in June, and that’s where Douglas and Gase had to look for *starters* two months before the opener. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/6/2019 at 1:24 PM, JetsFanatic said:

This team stinks, no HC can with this roster. If you fire Gase after 8 games, no HC worth anything will take the job because they know they can’t win immediately and are witnessing how unfair this HC is being judged.

Apart from a delusional few, no Jets fans expected Gase to win right away.  However the expectation was that the team would start moving in the right direction.  This team is worse than last year and Gase has seemingly done nothing constructive to help his QB overcome a poor offensive line or correct flaws in his young QB's fundamentals.  There is no unfair judging here, Gase was jettisoned from a team that he drove into the ground and now he has guided the Jets to being arguably the worst team in the NFL.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

It is pretty simple.  You need to give a coach time to install his team and his culture.  It was obvious that the offseason was a cluster****, so the fact that things are going so poorly should not be a shock.  I don't see Gase as a super bowl coach, but presumably they did or they would not have hired him.  

All this is why it is extra concerning that they hired a nanny DC.  It doesn't seem to shout that they have faith in Gase.  This sh*t should pretty much always be clean slate.

We were not in rebuild this year. I get the injuries but Gase hasn’t shown one positive trait besides having the amazing ability look like an actual clown that can roll his eyes like a retard in press conferences. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m just catching up here. You’re blaming Gase for Williamson getting hurt and for Darnold getting mono?

You must have a short memory. Are you serious with Williamson, the a$$hole basically forgot to pull him And called himself out on it. Darnold’s regression is mono, not bc Gase sucks...sure

I honestly don’t think he’d be getting killed by fans and the media if:

- Darnold looked like he did against Dallas most games,

- We were actually in games, showed adjustments, cohesion, progress and had the same record.

The team has gotten worse in every aspect (not debatable).

Each PLAYER on roster has played WORSE than last year. Tell me ONE player who is better? Not one.

There has been no progress in any area. Let’s see what Gase has produced. He can’t rally the troops. He can’t scheme his team to score points, he let his QB’s mechanics and confidence go to hell. 

Adam Gase will go down in history as the best schematic defense ever put forth in front of Leveon Bell. He has single-handedly neutralized Bell into complete anonymity. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

We were not in rebuild this year. I get the injuries but Gase hasn’t shown one positive trait besides having the amazing ability look like an actual clown that can roll his eyes like a retard in press conferences. 

We were 4-******* 12.  We were not in rebuild?  What the **** were we in?  We're not rebuilding, we're reloading?  They sucked and they suck.  The fact that this surprises people is astonishing. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You must have a short memory. Are you serious with Williamson, the a$$hole basically forgot to pull him And called himself out on it. Darnold’s regression is mono, not bc Gase sucks...sure

3 things can be true at once

1) the roster sucks

2) gase is doing a bad job

3) the fans are hysterical over gase

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Did I want Adam Gase as the HC? Not at all

Although.....

I was willing to give him a chance, and while he’s been dealt a tough hand with injuries and Darnold mono the non-competitive performances the team is putting forth on a weekly basis are completely unacceptable in the NFL. 

With that said.....

I hate the way the media and fanbase is pinning the entirety of this organization (owners) incompetencies on this one guy. “We are going to burn you at the stake because we are pissed off”

Gase had not done a good job and knows he’s probably getting fired. It’s time to realize he’s a husband, father, and is doing the best he can at his job (just like anyone else). Gase identified 3 months on the job the incompetences of Mike McCagnans personnel dept and within 8 games of his first season  he has experienced more vitriol from the media and fanbase than McCagnan had  in five years. 

barack obama applause GIF by Obama

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Gase wanted Matt Paradis and Maccagnan refused to get him. That’s the extent of the “input” Gase had into that line. If you guys think there’s a magical offensive scheme that makes Chuma Edoga and Alex Lewis look like functional NFL offensive linemen, you’re out of your minds. We wondered why Edoga was taken off the draft boards of a bunch of teams and now we know why. They suck and when the line sucks, it’s over for you. What Maccagnan did by ignoring the OL is ******* criminal and this is the end result. You don’t find good NFL offensive linemen on the street in June, and that’s where Douglas and Gase had to look for *starters* two months before the opener. 

yeah whatever...  getting beat physically means your players suck..  guys not knowing who the f to block allowing for a revolving door of unobstructed players sprinting towards the QB is a coaching problem.

Maccs "criminal" line looked serviceable the last couple years.  Gase has ushered perhaps the worst performing O-line in the history of mankind.

I agree that the criticsm on Gase may be a bit too harsh because of the injuries but that doesn't mean he's doing a good, or even decent job.  He's sucked.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cause most of us are right your are deciding to be wrong??

Dont get left behind my friend.

We agree Gase is doing a bad job. The difference is that you and your army if cretins think axing Gase solves all of our problems.

It doesnt, and it creates new ones 

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

We agree Gase is doing a bad job. The difference is that you and your army if cretins think axing Gase solves all of our problems.

So if gase got fired and Joe D was allowed to pick his own coach who reports to him, you dont think that would be good for this franchise?

• Upvote 1

Firing a coach who is completely incompetent at his job is the only thing to do. All NFL coaches understand what there getting into when they accept one of these positions. Rarely, does it end well, but rather being fired for one reason or another. With that being said, firing Gase eliminates the biggest problem, his horrible coaching! Joe Douglas is being paid to lead this franchise to a super bowl victory and that starts with finding a competing head coach, unlike the quitter who is working our sidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

People always look for scapegoates; it's human nature.  The owners are not going away, and a new GM was just recently hired to a six year deal and has had very little chance to make his mark (good or bad) on the team. So, who can you focus your outrage on? 

Gase has had a chance and has fared poorly so far.  FWIW, I did not want him hired and think he's a bad coach.  However, just rage firing him accomplishes little to nothing, except for one possibly significant issue:

The main reason for possibly firing Gase is the "ruining" of Darnold.  Gase just loves those empty back sets or sending a lone back out as a receiver, but meanwhile the AWFUL OL continues to do a terrible job in pass protecting.  Yet, Gase rarely moves the pocket/rollouts or keeps a back in to pick up the first pass rusher to break free (and that happens quickly on a large majority of the pass plays). He needs to adjust to this right away or he should be fired.

I want to embrace the tank; b/c Gase is bad, the team will likely lose most of the remaining games, and that's fine, but he's got to do a better job protecting Darnold. Yes, the roster stinks.  Yes, there have been lots of injuries.  But, he was hired here supposedly to take Darnold to the "next level," but instead SD is regressing.  That needs to stop, now. I hope JD has already communicated that to Gase.

It is pretty hard to have any offense when your OL can't run or pass block. Darnold gets the ball in the shotgun and most times has someone in his face in 2 seconds. I was at the game Sunday and the receivers are not that good either. Besides Crowder the other receivers couldn't get open at all except for the backup TE, Ryan Griffin, who has been a pleasant surprise. As far as the defense, they couldn't get off the field all day. Of course all the linebackers were backups, Daryl Roberts was beaten all day, and there was absolutely no pressure on Fitzpatrick the entire game. I get pissed because we were told we had great coaches, offensive guru and defensive genius. I believe they should be given time to fix this for the reasons mentioned above, although l am disappointed in both coaches.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There are coaching issues on that line too.. surprised Gase hasnt catapulted the ol coach

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Are we more talented than the Dolphins?

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great post.

Preach it.  Don't let the ignorant angry mob down your spirits or drive a good head coach away.  Injuries suck, bad drafts suck, neither is Adam Gase's fault.

The 10 "fire Gase" people you read in this forum and on Twitter and hear on the radio are idiots.

SAR I

Calling Gase a good head coach and saying the Jets are going to the playoffs is proof you are losing it. I think you need a break from the NYJ. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

We were 4-******* 12.  We were not in rebuild?  What the **** were we in?  We're not rebuilding, we're reloading?  They sucked and they suck.  The fact that this surprises people is astonishing. 

Umm yeah, we were not in a rebuild THIS year. You don’t spend crazy money in FA during rebuild. We spent what 80mil of new cap money for 2019 alone? Sam was supposed to take a step forward but he f*cked up late 3-4 games. I know what we are doing NOW. Rebuild. Only cuz we stink and it only makes sense to this now. Back in September, this board was onboard for the playoffs or atleast a .500 record. 

2019 wasn’t meant to be a rebuild year. 

3 hours ago, CTM said:

3 things can be true at once

1) the roster sucks

2) gase is doing a bad job

3) the fans are hysterical over gase

For #3.  People are as mad at the owner as the coach.

Also after the hilariously awful todd bowles years and the awful last 3 years of rex this team has had horrible head coaching for almost a decade.  People have totally run out of patience with lousy coaches and there is nothing wrong with that.

Also, people have very low confidence that a correction of this error will be made any time soon.  So after another year to two years after this one of lousy coaching we are back at square one.

People are fed up and have every right to be fed up .  The NY jets spent all of their trust and good will long ago.  Now it is up to them to prove to us that they know what they are doing.

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

There are coaching issues on that line too.. surprised Gase hasnt catapulted the ol coach

I think Gase would bench some of these OL if there were any viable backups. They couldn’t bench Edoga if they wanted to. They’re dead in the water until Beachum comes back and keeps Darnold from sh*tting his pants at every snap. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

The Dolphins receivers were exponentially better than our corners. Their OL was better than our DL, their DL was better than our OL, and Fitzpatrick was better than Darnold.

Is that why we were favored in their stadium?  And why they haven't been favored all season long?

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great post.

Preach it.  Don't let the ignorant angry mob down your spirits or drive a good head coach away.  Injuries suck, bad drafts suck, neither is Adam Gase's fault.

The 10 "fire Gase" people you read in this forum and on Twitter and hear on the radio are idiots.

SAR I

You make too much sense. I’m amazed how some people here think they know exactly what went on behind the scenes with Adam Gase etc. They are a joke.

Gase should be given  a 2nd year  to prove himself. Hell Bill Belichick was about to get fired in NE in his 2nd year until the Jets and Tom Brady saved his ass