Schefter: Christopher Johnson to Remain Patient With Gase (Sources)

40 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Need more than 8 games with this poor excuse for a roster before I cut bait. No HC worth sh*t will come here if you fire Gase this quick.

I actually think this is a total fable, the old no coach will come here.  Coaches don't give a spit what happened before them.  They want control, they want cash and term.

Zona fired their coach after one year and got the guy they wanted.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Glad Johnson grew some balls and is not letting the Beningo faction of the Jets fan base intimidate him. Gase and Douglas need more than eight games to clean this garbage up.

Beningo faction? I think most jet fans can’t stand gase.  If you support him, tell me why?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

How stupid can someone be, does he even watch the team play?

there are plenty of people here that are clueless just like our ownership-  I truly wonder what they do for a living that they tolerate and defend incompetence -our owners dont want to be paying three coaches that are not coaching for them anymore but they want you to keep writing those season ticket checks to them

• Upvote 2

Just now, kmnj said:

the same nonsense over and over again-people get fired in the business world and in sports all of the time for poor performance and there are people lined up to take their place especially if you pay them top dollar and most coach contracts these guys are getting paid long after they are out the door

If you fire a HC eight games into a four year contract with this weak roster and these injuries no HC worth anything would come to this sh*t show.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I actually think this is a total fable, the old no coach will come here.  Coaches don't give a spit what happened before them.  They want control, they want cash and term.

Zona fired their coach after on year and got the guy they wanted.

yep people go to work for the money to get paid-if the jets came out and said we are looking for a new head coach and we are going to make him the highest paid coach in the league you would have coaches from all over both college , pro past and present lined up for the opportunity

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Beningo faction? I think most jet fans can’t stand gase.  If you support him, tell me why?

It’s not that I support him, it’s too soon to make a fair judgement. 8 games with no oline, a QB with mono, no corners and every starting inside linebacker injured. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

If you fire a HC eight games into a four year contract with this weak roster and these injuries no HC worth anything would come to this sh*t show.

that is total bullsh*t for starters let williams coach rest of the year and see how he does

coaches come for money just like any other job -smart move is you pay overpay and EVERYBODY will be lined up

there are only a limited amount of NFL head coaching jobs-this team has been awful for years and never had a problem getting coaches to come here the problem is they hired the wrong ones or ones on the cheap

15 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Attention STHs:

The Jets are wearing black tomorrow.

1) Either don't go. 

2) Or wear orange to protest the Johnson's ownership.

That is the only leverage we, as fans, have.   If you go to the game and wear Jets gear.  They win.

I will proudly be wearing my Q. Williams authentic Stealth Black jersey. Orange?? You are confused with Syracuse!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

It’s not that I support him, it’s too soon to make a fair judgement. 8 games with no oline, a QB with mono, no corners and every starting inside linebacker injured. 

we saw who he was in miami -he is a terrible coach that is why miami fired him-his team got worse under his watch not better -vegas had over under of 7.5 wins-many here were talking playoffs

If Gase was like parcells for example I would be patient. If Gase had a proven record of success I would be patient. He does not he has a record of being a bad coach and that is on display for everybody to see

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  what other response would you expect from him the day after the plane flies all over NYC. 

joewilly12 

That's exactly my point.

Your social media moron tried to pressure our owner prematurely and as a result got the big F-CK YOU he deserved.

He was backed into a corner by 149 fans worth $3,200.  What did you think he was going to do?  Idiots.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

Just now, SAR I said:

That's exactly my point.

Your social media moron tried to pressure our owner prematurely and as a result got the big F-CK YOU he deserved.

He was backed into a corner by 149 fans worth $3,200.  What did you think he was going to do?  Idiots.

SAR I

Dude listen I did not donate a penny to any of this, I only reported the amount collected. 

I never said I supported it either. 

Check yourself. 

joewilly12 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

How is this surprising?  Did anyone really think Gase would be fired half way through his first season when this team has been completely ravaged by injuries?  It's been the pop warner squad all year.  At no point have we had even 50% of the original starters play a game together.

The only way there's a chance he's let go is if we finish 1-15 and are non-competitive against the dregs of the NFL (yes like last week) and/or there is a player revolt.  To not give him at least 1 year with the something resembling a varsity squad would be a bad look.  Not to mention, he's not paying 3 coaches and 2 gm's next year.

This isn't about whether he sucks or not because thus far he has.  It's about understanding that this was a cursed year and there was very little ANY coach could have done to fulfill the playoff expectations many had in August.

the bolded u hit it right on the head-that is why gase will be here even though he was a terrible hire to start out with and any fan that supports this team gets what they deserve

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I will proudly be wearing my Q. Williams authentic Stealth Black jersey. Orange?? You are confused with Syracuse!

I'm going fishing tomorrow.   No way I would kill a whole day to go watch this team in person.  Not even on TV.

They are embarrassing us all.   Bleep the Johnsons.   

Read Matt Stypulkoski's piece on the airplane banner.   He is 100% right.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/11/jets-fans-stop-lighting-your-money-on-fire.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

21 minutes ago, BCJet said:

This is a non-story in every sense.  Unless we lose 40-3 tomorrow, firing him really wouldn't do anything.  

There are 2 things that are apparent with this organization.  First off, the Johnson's care a ton about the media/fan view of the team and if we finish with less than 6 wins the push to fire Gase will be huge.  Secondly, they have neither football acumen nor the rolodex to make a decision on their own, so CJ will need to go to Douglas and will likely listen to whatever Douglas says.

Lets hope JD sees this for what it is and gets himself a coach.

Well, then, I hope we lose 60-3 because SOMETHING needs to convince numbnuts that Gase has to go. 

29 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Need more than 8 games with this poor excuse for a roster before I cut bait. No HC worth sh*t will come here if you fire Gase this quick.

You already have over 3 years of this clown supposedly leading an offense. How much more do you want? We're at or near the bottom of every statistical category when it comes to offense.

As to your second sentence it's pure BS. Alpha personalities would jump at the chance to be a NFL HC because on average about 6 of these positions open up every year.  

Define “patient with Gase.”

Are they already saying he’s going to be back next year?

If he wins meaningless games against Cincy and Washington, we finish 3-13 and Darnold keeps regressing are they really going to bring him back next year? They’re really going to risk having Darnold ruined before realizing its time to cut bait?...

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

This roster isn’t so weak they should be 1-7 right now.  No excuse for losing to the tanking dolphins.  As another poster stated, there’s only 32 HC jobs in the NFL.  Someone is going to want to coach the team and they won’t care about what happened last year.

• Upvote 1