Schefter: Christopher Johnson to Remain Patient With Gase (Sources)

I'm wondering if it will be harder for Douglas/Johnson to fire Gase at the end of the season due to the role Gase had in bringing in Douglas.

Gase, I think has to go because he's the guy that wants to jam a square peg in a round hole.  Unlike BB or Parcells, he's not tailoring the offense to fit the strengths of his manpower.  It has been bad news for Darnold and Bell. With those players you want to see the pocket move and you want to see a lot of play action. You don't see that and you don't see Darnold developing any slick ball handling skills.  Gase insists on drawing up the same offense he'd use with Manning.  It's like Captain Queeg looking for more strawberries.  Even the blocking schemes  look JV at best.  I don't get it.  How does a pro coach make such a mess of things. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Glad Johnson grew some balls and is not letting the Beningo faction of the Jets fan base intimidate him. Gase and Douglas need more than eight games to clean this garbage up.

Douglas?  Yeah.   Gase?  He has literally not done one good looking thing in his tenure.  His offense is legit much worse than bates or morton.  Dead last in all major categories.

The next time I say to myself  'Well there is some good coaching there' it will be the 1st time for gase.

• Upvote 4

this is typical jets for you-

any fan that supports this team you are the problem too-after the dolphins loss Gase should have been fired and Williams promoted and given the chance to coach them the rest of the season

I called my rep already and said take me off the renewal list I am walking away from the team and my psls

the team will never be any good and the worst thing is the jets expect you to keep paying them money over and over again for a terrible product

• Upvote 4

Just now, Beerfish said:

Douglas?  Yeah.   Gase?  He has literally not done one good looking thing in his tenure.  His offense is legit much worse than bates or morton.  Dead last in all major categories.

The next time I say to myself  'Well there is some good coaching there' it will be the 1st time for gase.

Need more than 8 games with this poor excuse for a roster before I cut bait. No HC worth sh*t will come here if you fire Gase this quick.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

Step 1 - Execute Order 66 on Maccagnan.

Step 2 - Last long enough to draft this long haired beauty: 694940094001_5987127458001_5987117374001-vs.jpg.fcd3574d6bb36c4907580ba9db150980.jpg

Step 3 - Prosper.

Bonus mission: Piss off a turbo virgin on Twitter that owns some sh*tty NY sports magazine that, literally, no one outside of them and their extended family cares about.

I gotta admit, I love Adam Gase's wild ride.  Let chaos reign.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Glad Johnson grew some balls and is not letting the Beningo faction of the Jets fan base intimidate him. Gase and Douglas need more than eight games to clean this garbage up.

gase is the garbage we saw it in miami and we saw it here-sure keep writing those checks to the jets and have "patience"  the jets are not just getting beat like they stole something they are not even competitive or mildly entertaining to watch

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Need more than 8 games with this poor excuse for a roster before I cut bait. No HC worth sh*t will come here if you fire Gase this quick.

the same nonsense over and over again-people get fired in the business world and in sports all of the time for poor performance and there are people lined up to take their place especially if you pay them top dollar and most coach contracts these guys are getting paid long after they are out the door

• Upvote 1

This is a non-story in every sense.  Unless we lose 40-3 tomorrow, firing him really wouldn't do anything.  

There are 2 things that are apparent with this organization.  First off, the Johnson's care a ton about the media/fan view of the team and if we finish with less than 6 wins the push to fire Gase will be huge.  Secondly, they have neither football acumen nor the rolodex to make a decision on their own, so CJ will need to go to Douglas and will likely listen to whatever Douglas says.

Lets hope JD sees this for what it is and gets himself a coach.