Schefter: Christopher Johnson to Remain Patient With Gase (Sources)

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1.  The Dolphins had the better D and the better QB.  Gee, how could they possibly win?

2.  The Dolphins GM is trying to lose.  Players want to win.  The tape they leave behind is their only ticket to employment.

3.  The Dolphins fired Gase.  At least you got that right.

SAR I

If the Dolphins have the "better QB", we're ****ed and might as well walk away. 

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Going to the game tomorrow. As soon as it's over, I'm done with this team.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be some sort of manifesto.

Witness #1: "Yeah, I saw the guy. He just kinda had this dead look in his eyes. I didn't think much of it at the time, because we all have that look, you know? But then he just went crazy. I could hear him muttering 'where's Adam Gase?' over and over. You wanna know the craziest part? He was dressed like some gangster straight outta Boardwalk Empire. Thankfully, that guy was there to tackle him before anyone could get hurt, but man, Mathew Modine has really let himself go. It was kinda sad, actually."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

To the Johnsons, a successful team and healthy QB is not their priority. 

Saving money and saving face is most important to them.

There is no upside to them to firing Gase now.  Maybe he turns it around?

Can someone think of an example where a coach was fired with 3.5 years left on his contract?

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Worth noting, Ryan Tannehill had had better seasons before and after playing for Adam Gase. The head coaches were Joe Philbin and Mike Vrabel...not exactly Bill Walsh and Dick Vermeil.

Sam Darnold looked better with Todd Bowles and Jeremy Bates, a guy who was and is currently out of the league. 

Pretty much everyone who was here last season (particularly on offense) is playing worse this season.  It really is insane.  For as bad of a head coach as Bowles was, that's one thing even he was never guilty of.

Tannehill is just the most recent evidence that Gase's only real "accomplishment" for his career is standing on the sideline watching Peyton Manning for a couple of years.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@Maxman - we're going to need you to enable foul language.

Well that guarantees well suck for the rest of the year and most likely next year too.  I can't see Gase making it to season 3.  Next year's train wreck will guarantee he is fired.  It's just a shame we most likely will have to waste another year with this clown.  Damn the Johnsons, they've relegated the Jets to permanent laughingstock status.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

We are active every off season because our drafting is so bad we are dumping 5th year guys and since we never sign any of our own players we have gobs of money to spend on all the awful free agents.  The one or two good ones every team is after and even the 'good ones' can turn out trash.

Free agency is not coming to the rescue, it almost never does.

New GM man gotta hope he’s better than Mac and get behind it! 

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

To the Johnsons, a successful team and healthy QB is not their priority. 

Saving money and saving face is most important to them.

There is no upside to them to firing Gase now.  Maybe he turns it around?

Can someone think of an example where a coach was fired with 3.5 years left on his contract?

But that all goes back to the fact that he shouldn't have been hired in the first place.  We most likely are stuck for at least another year, but even the Johnson's (I hope) won't stand for another disastrous season next year.  The excuses end this year.  Period.  I don't want to hear anything about injuries or tough schedule, etc.  Next year this is Gase's team 100%.  The GM will have had a full offseason to fix the issues with the team.  The O-line, LBs and CBs should be well addressed.  So no more excuses. None.  If Sam isn't developing at the rate needed, get a veteran to hold down the fort.  We just need competent QB play once the team is revamped.

3 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

Well that guarantees well suck for the rest of the year and most likely next year too.  I can't see Gase making it to season 3.  Next year's train wreck will guarantee he is fired.  It's just a shame we most likely will have to waste another year with this clown.  Damn the Johnsons, they've relegated the Jets to permanent laughingstock status.

They'll finish up 3-13 or 4-12 this year. Trade Adams, draft some OL with their high #1 and a weapon for Darnold with the pick(s) they get from trading Adams, play a last place schedule and go 9-7 narrowly missing the playoffs in 2020. The wheels fall off and Gase is fired Black Monday 2021 after going a disappointing 6-10.

I've already resigned myself to this fate.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We are active every off season because our drafting is so bad we are dumping 5th year guys and since we never sign any of our own players we have gobs of money to spend on all the awful free agents.  The one or two good ones every team is after and even the 'good ones' can turn out trash.

Free agency is not coming to the rescue, it almost never does.

Would like to upvote that one twice.

Good teams never have massive cap room because they draft well and lock up their home grown talent. Some teams are so good at it that they let them leave and get comp picks.

We're the Jets so we have a boatload of caproom every other year because we suck at the draft. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

They'll finish up 3-13 or 4-12 this year. Trade Adams, draft some OL with their high #1 and a weapon for Darnold with the pick(s) they get from trading Adams, play a last place schedule and go 9-7 narrowly missing the playoffs in 2020. The wheels fall off and Gase is fired Black Monday 2021 after going a disappointing 6-10.

I can totally see it.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Less than a year ago we got rid of every fat lazy stoned defensive lineman, got rid of every malcontent, got rid of every bloated contract, and got rid of our entire coaching and player personnel staff.  8 months ago we hired their replacements.

This is a long-term plan to restore order to the front office while we try to groom a QB and compete towards a playoff berth.  The on field performance doesn't matter right now.  What matters is what is going on in Florham Park.  First floor, coaching.  Second floor, player development.  Our owner, and most of the experts in the NFL, like what we've done.  You should too.

SAR I

this coming from the guy that said the jets were going to the playoffs this year lol good stuff there sir.  What NFL experts have said in the past week they like what the jets are doing this should be EASY since you said most experts do. It is a long term plan for futility . I watched in in person for over 40 years. I would say you have about 15+ years to go before you have the right to tell me what I should like and not like. As I said before, you mentioned you were going to buy two more pls-you can buy mine for .20 on the dollar-

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Makes sense.  I too can see this play out this way.  Be competitive next year, well sort of, and then total dumpster fire year 3.  But then we have to start all over again.  The cycle seems to be never ending.

The Jets have turned into a comedy routine that the entire NFL laughs at. If you added up all the stupidity discussed on this forum, then it would still not surpass the stupidness of Christopher Johnson. However, I think the money plays a role in not firing the LOSER COACH. The Jets have turned into much watch TV for the wrong reasons. Does this owner have any pride or common sense?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@Maxman - we're going to need you to enable foul language.

I agree completely with his approach to this.....

Gase would only be made a scapegoat for Chris' poor moves. Chris kept Mac around for 3 years after his brother left the organization for politics. He watched that idiot destroy this team. To blame Gase for the colossal stupidity of Mac would be classic scapegoating. Certainly not a classy move. It would make Chris a classic c*clicker and I'm sure that's something Chris does not want to be.

This is HIS bed. He's just going to have to have patience and deal with it, whether all you blood thirsty fans can see that logic or not.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

New GM man gotta hope he’s better than Mac and get behind it! 

Sure. I’m ready to see what Douglas can do. He could build an adequate roster for 2020, and then we’ll continue to see how bad Gase is and we’ll be looking at a new coach and a big decision with Darnold in 2021. I’m tired of wasting years and seasons on this team.