Jump to content
bla bla bla

Amount on Money on IR by Team

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I saw a Sports Illustrated article about how the Jets have a lot of money on IR so I decided to graph out all the teams in the NFL. I included the PUP and NFI list as well however I did not include Dead Cap which would swing the graph slightly, especially with the Colts and Dolphins. Thought you guys may enjoy it, not sure if it tells us anything though.

 

edit - Numbers provided by OverTheCap.com

Smaller IR Graph.png

So Jets training staff and player evaluation from a health standpoint has been utter sh*t?  Shocking.

Also, a little misleading, because there is no difference between losing a player to injury and losing players to other things (like, say, Luck deciding to retire).  Steelers is mostly one guy, we're a ton of much cheaper guys.

Number of Starting Player/Games missed would be a much better metric.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I saw a Sports Illustrated article about how the Jets have a lot of money on IR so I decided to graph out all the teams in the NFL. I included the PUP and NFI list as well however I did not include Dead Cap which would swing the graph slightly, especially with the Colts and Dolphins. Thought you guys may enjoy it, not sure if it tells us anything though.

 

edit - Numbers provided by OverTheCap.com

Smaller IR Graph.png

Nice work. Any chance you could plot number of wins over each team on this graph - would be interesting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So Jets training staff and player evaluation from a health standpoint has been utter sh*t?  Shocking.

Also, a little misleading, because there is no difference between losing a player to injury and losing players to other things (like, say, Luck deciding to retire).  Steelers is mostly one guy, we're a ton of much cheaper guys.

Number of Starting Player/Games missed would be a much better metric.  

I actually have the numbers for the dead cap hits like Luck as well, we finished 2nd to the Dolphins $83M to $79M. I wasn't sure how to show the amount of players and make it not look cluttered. I also ran into the issue of Big Ben and losing Brent Qvale both being counted as 1 player but the impact is different.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Nice work. Any chance you could plot number of wins over each team on this graph - would be interesting.

Wanted to do that, wasn't sure how to do it cleanly haha there is a clear favoring towards the healthy teams but then you have the Texans and 49ers which are outliers 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

All of our most expensive injured guys were terrible anyway.

Thanks MacIdzik!

true    😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This explains why the Jets haven't placed C.J Mosley on IR. They don't want to make this graph look even scarier.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That figure doesn’t include CJ Mosley who isn’t on IR but should be.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So Jets training staff and player evaluation from a health standpoint has been utter sh*t?  Shocking.

Also, a little misleading, because there is no difference between losing a player to injury and losing players to other things (like, say, Luck deciding to retire).  Steelers is mostly one guy, we're a ton of much cheaper guys.

Number of Starting Player/Games missed would be a much better metric.  

Please provide your better graph.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrcoops said:

This explains why the Jets haven't placed C.J Mosley on IR. They don't want to make this graph look even worse.

Seriously, we'd have another $13M on to bench

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I appreciate your efforts and am sorry if it sounded like I was being critical of you, personally.

Haha no worries, didn't take it that way

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

This explains why the Jets haven't placed C.J Mosley on IR. They don't want to make this graph look even scarier.

..he'll be on it soon enough   😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

None of the players on IR are better than their replacements.

Mosely is not IR.

Just not true. 

Having Enunwa and Herdon healthy would make this offense exponentially better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also notice that a few of the other leaders on that list (Squealers, Panthers and Deadskins) have an expensive QB accounting for a lot of that moola. Maybe some other metric - someone mentioned games lost? - might also shed more light on how bad the injury bug has been for the Jets.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well when you sign big price tag free agents that are retired or historically always hurt your kinda cheating the system for that number one spot. Take that Patriots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kalil and Johnson's contracts should have been considred dead the moment they hit the Metlife field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the Jets give stupid contacts to bad players

tell me something I didn't know before....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

All of our most expensive injured guys were terrible anyway.

Thanks MacIdzik!

still the money a player gets should be a good indication of talent level.  obviously there are slugs like wilky, hainsworth, trumaine but there are also guys like mosely who want to be on the field and play well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I saw a Sports Illustrated article about how the Jets have a lot of money on IR so I decided to graph out all the teams in the NFL. I included the PUP and NFI list as well however I did not include Dead Cap which would swing the graph slightly, especially with the Colts and Dolphins. Thought you guys may enjoy it, not sure if it tells us anything though.

 

edit - Numbers provided by OverTheCap.com

Smaller IR Graph.png

hmmm...of the bottom 5 only the jets didn't lose a qb to ir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

That figure doesn’t include CJ Mosley who isn’t on IR but should be.

CJ Measly has to be the worst FA signing in a while based on production vs cost.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is what that same graph would look like when you remove Alex Smith, Cam Newton, Big Ben and Add CJ Mosley.

Smaller IR Graph2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Here is what that same graph would look like when you remove Alex Smith, Cam Newton, Big Ben and Add CJ Mosley.

Smaller IR Graph2.png

Holy kryptonite......

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Please provide your better graph.

You don't have to be a double major in botany and automotive engineering to see a car stuck in a tree and go "that ain't right".

It's ridiculous to demand that a retort to a public post has to equal the OP in effort or time invested.  Otherwise you could make absolutely ridiculous claims with charts and graphs and stick figure drawings and be immune to criticism if the respondents don't do the same.

Please ensure your response to this is equally as rambly if you don't want to automatically concede the convoluted point I'm making.

 

Tl;dr....."Please provide your better detailed point rather than just posting a lame one line quip".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...