Amount on Money on IR by Team

bla bla bla

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I saw a Sports Illustrated article about how the Jets have a lot of money on IR so I decided to graph out all the teams in the NFL. I included the PUP and NFI list as well however I did not include Dead Cap which would swing the graph slightly, especially with the Colts and Dolphins. Thought you guys may enjoy it, not sure if it tells us anything though.

edit - Numbers provided by OverTheCap.com

Smaller IR Graph.png

So Jets training staff and player evaluation from a health standpoint has been utter sh*t?  Shocking.

Also, a little misleading, because there is no difference between losing a player to injury and losing players to other things (like, say, Luck deciding to retire).  Steelers is mostly one guy, we're a ton of much cheaper guys.

Number of Starting Player/Games missed would be a much better metric.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I saw a Sports Illustrated article about how the Jets have a lot of money on IR so I decided to graph out all the teams in the NFL. I included the PUP and NFI list as well however I did not include Dead Cap which would swing the graph slightly, especially with the Colts and Dolphins. Thought you guys may enjoy it, not sure if it tells us anything though.

Smaller IR Graph.png

Nice work. Any chance you could plot number of wins over each team on this graph - would be interesting.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So Jets training staff and player evaluation from a health standpoint has been utter sh*t?  Shocking.

Also, a little misleading, because there is no difference between losing a player to injury and losing players to other things (like, say, Luck deciding to retire).  Steelers is mostly one guy, we're a ton of much cheaper guys.

I actually have the numbers for the dead cap hits like Luck as well, we finished 2nd to the Dolphins $83M to $79M. I wasn't sure how to show the amount of players and make it not look cluttered. I also ran into the issue of Big Ben and losing Brent Qvale both being counted as 1 player but the impact is different.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Nice work. Any chance you could plot number of wins over each team on this graph - would be interesting.

Wanted to do that, wasn't sure how to do it cleanly haha there is a clear favoring towards the healthy teams but then you have the Texans and 49ers which are outliers 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Please provide your better graph.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Also notice that a few of the other leaders on that list (Squealers, Panthers and Deadskins) have an expensive QB accounting for a lot of that moola. Maybe some other metric - someone mentioned games lost? - might also shed more light on how bad the injury bug has been for the Jets.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

All of our most expensive injured guys were terrible anyway.

Thanks MacIdzik!

still the money a player gets should be a good indication of talent level.  obviously there are slugs like wilky, hainsworth, trumaine but there are also guys like mosely who want to be on the field and play well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Smaller IR Graph.png

hmmm...of the bottom 5 only the jets didn't lose a qb to ir.

10 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Please provide your better graph.

You don't have to be a double major in botany and automotive engineering to see a car stuck in a tree and go "that ain't right".

It's ridiculous to demand that a retort to a public post has to equal the OP in effort or time invested.  Otherwise you could make absolutely ridiculous claims with charts and graphs and stick figure drawings and be immune to criticism if the respondents don't do the same.

Please ensure your response to this is equally as rambly if you don't want to automatically concede the convoluted point I'm making.

Tl;dr....."Please provide your better detailed point rather than just posting a lame one line quip".