Greenberg on Harbaugh & Gase (Rex Disagrees)

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Harbaugh and Douglas would kill each other. 

2. what a scumbag Rex is to even joke about taking a head coaching job that’s not open. And he wonders why he can’t get a courtesy interview. 

1. Douglas would go bye bye if we hired Harbaugh 

2. Rex could get a defensive coordinator job next year no problem.  Mangini can’t even get a ballboy gig

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

He's got a .700 win %, mentored the best QB prospect maybe ever, saved Alex Smith's career, and went to a SB with Kaep.

Yeah but he’s like not a nice guy and yells or something.  Plus he didn’t win multiple college fb championships

37 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

1. Douglas would go bye bye if we hired Harbaugh 

2. Rex could get a defensive coordinator job next year no problem.  Mangini can’t even get a ballboy gig

With five years on a contract, Douglas wouldn’t b  going anywhere so fast...Harbaugh is proven, While Joe has potential, he still kind of new at this gm thing

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Was reading some interesting stuff on him. A year ago, with an injury depleted squad he had one of the worst defenses in football and he was demonized and criticized by 49r fans. Suddenly this year they draft Bosa and get healthy...

That's not to defend Gase, but to note that context matters a lot. 

True.  And y do you think shannahan kept him around?  Cause hes a leader of men and a talented coach.  

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

You guys are nuts if the jets actually had a shot at Harbaugh it’s a no brainer he’d easily be our best coach since Parcells 

You mean the same guy that screwed us out of Peyton Manning and Bill Bellichek? Just think about that for a second. He did way more to hurt the Jets than any coach we've ever had. He, even today, hates the Jets. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

1. Harbaugh and Douglas would kill each other. 

2. what a scumbag Rex is to even joke about taking a head coaching job that’s not open. And he wonders why he can’t get a courtesy interview. 

I think the Harbaugh caveat, which ain’t happening, I get it, would be full control...so it’d bye to both Douglas and the American psycho...which id be all in for...but also not happening in a million years

• Upvote 3

<Jets fire Gase, hire Harbaugh>

Real Jets Fan: HELL YEAH BABY THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

<Harbaugh has a super weird introductory interview with Joe and Evan that leaves Joe saying, "I don't know, bro" over and over for a week; The NY Jets sign Colin Kaepernick to a 5 year, $124 million dollar contract>

Real Jets Fan: WHERE'S THE LINK TO BUY THE PLANE AND ALSO HIRE A PARAMILITARY MILITIA INCURSION I JUST GOT MY TAX RETURN 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I think the Harbaugh caveat, which ain’t happening, I get it, would be full control...so it’d bye to both Douglas and the American psycho...which id be all in for...but also not happening in a million years

I like Jim Harbaugh more than most, but Harbaugh is legitimately nuts and Jets fans would drum him out of town faster than they did Idzik, especially if he had full control. Dude started Shea Patterson for 26 games despite 100,000 Michigan fans screaming in his ear every weekend to bench him.  

You guys have to put on your big boy pants and just accept the fact Gase is going to be here at least 2 more years. 

If the Jets decide that Darnold is worth a second contract, Gase will get another one also.

The only way Gase goes before that is if JD decides to move on from Sam. Then Joe gets to play the “I’m the GM who never got to draft my QB and pick my HC” get out of jail free card.

• Upvote 3

Well, have to see how this all plays out, but for me I am 100% behind Adam Gase. Now, if and when Gase gets fired? I hope, and I think he'll likely be a top candidate for Joe, Rex gets an interview. Rex and Joe have history together and I think it's probably a pleasant one. JMO

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I like Jim Harbaugh more than most, but Harbaugh is legitimately nuts and Jets fans would drum him out of town faster than they did Idzik, especially if he had full control. Dude started Shea Patterson for 26 games despite 100,000 Michigan fans screaming in his ear every weekend to bench him.  

I saw some clip of him talking to one of his college players about I think it was eating salt, and I’m not doubting that Harbaugh knows more biochemistry than I do, but the way he was talking....that is one Strange Doogan hahaha

• Upvote 1