Jets Sign RB Kenneth Dixon

HawkeyeJet

Just now, New York Mick said:

Apparently they need more players to put on IR. What’s the record in one season?

Bell-Powell-Adams 

Powell (ankle) was limited at practice Wednesday.

Powell was unable to practice in advance of Week 15 action, so his return to the field Wednesday is a positive sign with regard to his availability for Sunday's game against the Steelers. That said, after Le'Veon Bell rejoined the Jets lineup for last week's loss to the Ravens following a one-game absence, Powell once again profiles as a complementary option in the team's backfield.

I always felt Dixon was pretty versatile.  Can run inside,  can make a guy miss and break a tackle.

A few problems though.  The obvious are health and off the field.

My observation is that he always appeared like he was carrying extra weight.   I believed he should play about 10-15 lbs lighter than he looked.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I always felt Dixon was pretty versatile.  Can run inside,  can make a guy miss and break a tackle.

A few problems though.  The obvious are health and off the field.

My observation is that he always appeared like he was carrying extra weight.   I believed he should play about 10-15 lbs lighter than he looked.

I agree I thought Alex Collins would have been the better choice. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  I’d feature Adams and Dixon for the last 2 games, can’t hurt to see what they have.  Montgomery sucks as a RB, Adams needs some touches, he’s has WAY more upside than Montgomery and Powell.  

plus can't they use adams as a dump off option?  i just don't understand the reluctance to use these guys.  i'd also feature berrios more these next two games.  

this is one of the problems i have with jet HCs who fear getting fired.  they lack the confidence to take risks and develop players, opting to run montgomery up the middle.  this is a great game for darnold to let it loose vs a good defense.  hopefully he has DT back, b/c they have no TEs and darnold seems to really like throwing to TEs.  and speaking of TEs why not have a play or two for wesco?  again, i can't help but think it goes back to gase's fear of using rooks or untested players who could make him look bad.  of course, this didn't stop him from using wesco on the edge on the darnold strip sack.

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I thought you were supposed to sign them the week BEFORE you play their former team. At least that is the way the Patriots go about getting their plays, etc. 

No...the Patriots get their plays by sending a "promotional" video team to their opponents game the week before to film "unrelated" "promotional" videos for Kraft entertainment.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  I’d feature Adams and Dixon for the last 2 games, can’t hurt to see what they have.  Montgomery sucks as a RB, Adams needs some touches, he’s has WAY more upside than Montgomery and Powell.  

montgomery has never gotten going as a traditional RB, if we used him all over the field it woudl be a different story, but you already have bell for that, makes no sense to keep him going forward.  

At least adams has led an NFL team in rushing before.  He's young and still has reasonable upside as a player. 

49 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I 100 percent expect it. He actually gave Powell more carries that one game in spite of him. 

Yeah.  I think Bell's gone too.  Gase didnt want to spend huge money on a RB.  He wanted someone young he could run into the ground.  My guess will take whatever we can get for him this offseason.  And Douglas doesn't want to carry that contract going forward.

• Upvote 1