Early 2020 Jets over/under 7.5 wins what are you taking?

jgb

Jets 7.5 o/u what do you take?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. O/u 7.5

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I wonder what the excuses will be

as always, we here at Vandelay Industries expect another historic year for Jets excuses/embarrassments 

Oct 2020 headline: Sam Darnold gets first recorded case of ultra-Mono in a hoboken dive bar.  

Nov 2020: chris herndon becomes first man to get dui while hanging on to roof rack of SUV 

Dec 2020: Adam Gase commtted to mental rest for split personalites due to operating 23 burner accounts.  Team practices on a grass field near Pilgrim State. 

Jan 2021: Trevor siemian commits hilarious triple butt fumble. ESPN runs it continuously for next 6 months 

Feb 2021: Woody Johnson cashes another fat paycheck 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

as always, we here at Vandelay Industries expect another historic year for Jets excuses/embarrassments 

Oct 2020 headline: Sam Darnold gets first recorded case of ultra-Mono in a hoboken dive bar.  

Nov 2020: chris herndon becomes first man to get dui while hanging on to roof rack of SUV 

Dec 2020: Adam Gase commtted to mental rest for split personalites due to operating 23 burner accounts.  Team practices on a grass field near Pilgrim State. 

Jan 2021: Trevor siemian commits hilarious triple butt fumble. ESPN runs it continuously for next 6 months 

Feb 2021: Woody Johnson cashes another fat paycheck 

Extensions!  Extensions for everyone!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stark said:

I chose more... If its not 

FIRE GASE

Fire that idiot, promote Williams to HC.  I don’t even care if they keep Loggains as OC

Either do this now or do it next November when we are again in another miserable sh tty year and Gase and Bell are fighting on the sidelines during games

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2020 at 11:19 PM, Beerfish said:

Other than Darnold I don't think the injuries had any appreciable effect on this team.

The good players that we lost were replaced by guys who played near to the level and in non difference makings spots (ILB)  Other injuries we had lousy players getting hurt and being replaced by guys not much lousier.

CJ Mosley getting hurt cost us the first game of the season.  Losing him had a pretty big effect on the team IMO.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bergen Jet said:

CJ Mosley getting hurt cost us the first game of the season.  Losing him had a pretty big effect on the team IMO.

I don;t think it made any difference at all.

Our FG kicker cost us the 1st game of the year.

I guess we will see next year.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:08 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Under. The team should be better but the schedule goes from cake to brutal. Three west coast trips and the NFC and AFC West (9ers, Seahawks, Rams, Chiefs, Chargers.) The historically low level of travel for 2019 isn't talked about enough.

We have a decent chance to beat the Rams and Chargers. Seahawks 49ers and Chiefs should throttle us but we might be able to beat N.E. 1 game next season so if we improve where we need to I can see 9-7 best 10-6 - worst case 6-10.

7.5 is a good number to separate optimistic Jet fans from their money. Requires the belief that Sam will have a big, mono-free, bump in performance, that Gase will look a lot smarter coaching more NFL caliber players, and that GM neophyte Joe Douglas is the man to get those players. 

**** it, I'm in. 

On 1/9/2020 at 2:08 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

42 % of JN is taking the Under?  What is this? I thought @Pac and @SAR I convinced everyone that this team should have won 11 games this year and will win 12 next year?

42% know the amazing 7-9 record was due to an easy schedule.  If we had a tougher schedule we go 4-12 again

Gonna go with the same record.  7-9.  We won’t get much better in FA for financial reasons, next season it’s all about the draft and you’re probably looking at 7 rookies on the roster so there’s going to be depth issues and a lot of units that will need to develop chemistry for the first time.

i foresee a slow start followed by encouraging signs as the year progresses.

Estimating this at this time is like a teenager putting on a rubber because he thinks he might get laid some time in 2020. It's absurd and a total exercise in futility. Some time after FA and the draft is a much more reasonable time to start talking about record.

On 1/9/2020 at 9:22 AM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

The less wins , the quicker we get rid of Gase .

Yeah, why have the Gases Jets win more, be successful?  Better to have the team suck, fire Gase and start over hoping the next guy wins.  LOL

On 1/7/2020 at 10:08 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Under. The team should be better but the schedule goes from cake to brutal. Three west coast trips and the NFC and AFC West (9ers, Seahawks, Rams, Chiefs, Chargers.) The historically low level of travel for 2019 isn't talked about enough.

You're not allowed to say that.  Everything went against Gase this past year yet he heroically managed to win 11 games.

That's the narrative and we're sticking to it!

• Haha 1