Jets highly unlikely to sign Anderson

choon328

57 minutes ago, choon328 said:

'Seems highly unlikely' Jets re-sign Anderson https://t.co/tGNDEfDjjn

He wants $13-$15 million,  the Jets are willing to go to $10 million. Thank God there is an adult GM in charge now.  Good riddance. 

Figures. 

Why be slightly underpaid just to play for a dysfunctional franchise where you'll waste years hoping that they can get this rebuild correct. 

It's a business. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is your opinion or something you read? If it's your opinion, why?

I was more or less just expressing there a ton of other ways to get weapons who already are/can develop into better WR’s than Robby A. 

CeeDee Lamb? My number one guy. Love him.

Amari Cooper? Mainly just a name thrown out to exemplify my point. Cooper is a good WR too. I probably wouldn’t take money from the stash I’m giving to any of the OL though.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was more or less just expressing there a ton of other ways to get weapons who already are/can develop into better WR’s than Robby A. 

CeeDee Lamb? My number one guy. Love him.

Amari Cooper? Mainly just a name thrown out to exemplify my point. Cooper is a good WR too. I probably wouldn’t take money from the stash I’m giving to any of the OL though.

Got it.

I go back and forth with CeeDee and Jeudy - don't think you can make the wrong choice if presented with it and the tackles don't work out though.

Anderson is a tough call. If the market is going to pay him too much I think we have to let him walk. I really don't want to see it happen as he and Darnold do have very good chemistry and I don't want to see us put Darnold at a disadvantage and disrupt his development. Scoring a WR at #11 would obviously circumvent that fear - but then there's the problem of having an o-line consisting of traffic cones and turnstiles.

45 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

See ya! Best of luck to you.

CeeDee Lamb in April?

Amari Cooper in March.?

Wow that would be special. But JD would have to pull numerous strings to make that happen. He’d have to trade Adams-please- and get another 1st rounder and a 3rd at least to redo the OL. He’d have to sign another 2 top OL as well. Not impossible. I’d be on board with that. 

It's looking like a very good draft class for WR's.

If Anderson wants too much, or a role > #3 WR, then such is life.  He's a free agent.

Just means drafting TWO WR's along with THREE O-Linemen becomes even more of a priority.

A task that would be much easier to accomplish with an extra #1 and extra #3 pick....

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Got it.

I go back and forth with CeeDee and Jeudy - don't think you can make the wrong choice if presented with it and the tackles don't work out though.

Anderson is a tough call. If the market is going to pay him too much I think we have to let him walk. I really don't want to see it happen as he and Darnold do have very good chemistry and I don't want to see us put him at a disadvantage. Scoring a WR at #11 would obviously circumvent that fear - but then there's the problem of having an o-line consisting of traffic cones and turnstiles.

It’s a very tough call. OL is a more pressing need but WR is knocking on the door. I feel like if we can come out of FA with a OT and a G. I’d feel so much better about using the #11 pick on a wide receiver.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

He wants $13-$15 million,  the Jets are willing to go to $10 million. Thank God there is an adult GM in charge now.  Good riddance. 

Ridiculous. RA is a 1 trick  pony. He’s no AJ Greene. Trade him NOW to the Cowboys with Adams and sign Cooper.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Or maybe he comes back after testing FA? He doesn't have numbers warranting 13 to 15. So maybe he comes back later? Either way I'm fine. I do not want Douglas breaking the bank for him. He's not worth it.

• Upvote 1

Will be interesting to see what happens with Anderson.  Because in good
organizations (BAL particularly) they will allow good players to leave if they
get too expensive.  They believe in their scouting and development and expect
the player that was behind the one who left to step up and fill the position.
Will Douglas have the same mindset?  Because 13-15 is expensive and the draft is deep

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

See ya! Best of luck to you.

CeeDee Lamb in April?

Amari Cooper in March.?

yep.  if he wants too much then increase it a bit and land a guy like cooper.  then get another receiver in the draft, either in round 1 or 2.  round out the receivers with smith, crowder, maybe thomas, berrios and it's a much better group than last season.  and as far as the passing goes, there's aslo herndon, griffen and bell.

Another "let's let one of our only good players leave instead of paying them market value" thread.

This is where we come up with all kinds of scenarios in which we completely rebuild our OL, and restock our WR corps, simply by letting our best player (Adams) and our best offensive player (Anderson) leave.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

Will be interesting to see what happens with Anderson.  Because in good
organizations (BAL particularly) they will allow good players to leave if they
get too expensive.  They believe in their scouting and development and expect
the player that was behind the one who left to step up and fill the position.
Will Douglas have the same mindset?  Because 13-15 is expensive and the draft is deep

Not a building block player, not worth overpaying b/c he’lll help develop darnold, not a locker room glue guy.  Find someone in the later rounds with speed to be the go route guy.  If they don’t keep Anderson, it suggests they may look to draft a wr in the first round and i think lamb is going to be the next wr superstar.  

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s a very tough call. OL is a more pressing need but WR is knocking on the door. I feel like if we can come out of FA with a OT and a G. I’d feel so much better about using the #11 pick on a wide receiver.

Free agent o-linemen are very difficult to hit on - mostly just shiny objects.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Another "let's let one of our only good players leave instead of paying them market value" thread.

This is where we come up with all kinds of scenarios in which we completely rebuild our OL, and restock our WR corps, simply by letting our best player (Adams) and our best offensive player (Anderson) leave.

You wouldn’t rather get the comp pick instead of overpaying? We still have our own guys to sign, Jamal Adams wants a new contract right now and we need to make our market upgrades.

its a lot.

42 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:
47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He should walk if he wants too much.

Saying that, a deep threat #2 Wr is more important than a box safety that does not generate turnovers  (and we are going to pay this guy 17 plus million)

Ok, we all get it.   We really do.  You don’t like Adams and don’t want him to get a deal. 
can you now please stop bringing it up in every single topic please?    

I'm still unclear, Beerfish could you please elaborate?

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Free agent o-linemen are very difficult to hit on - mostly just shiny objects.

Mawae, Kendall, Faneca & Woody.

For all the things this franchise has done poorly, we're actually pretty good at signing premium offensive lineman. 

Just hope we stay away from Conklin. He's injury prone and pass blocking is decidedly not his strength.

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

we dont know who is going to pay him what as of now...

he gets so much flack here its flat out stupidity...    if he doesnt sign now we need 2 starting caliber WRs...

As long as the oline is improved tremendously, and Bell n Crowder are here with both our TEs ready to roll...  I'm fine with some young WRs learning on the job.

If the oline n running game can take pressure off Sam, I think he's one of those QBs who can make average WRs look good.

Imo that's much better than having weapons, yet under 3 seconds to get rid of the ball and no respectable run game.

Shame though.  It'd be great to have his ability in a competent offense.

• Upvote 2