Tom Brady says goodbye to the Pats

10 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Patriots still have BB and organization is still run better than majority of the NFL franchises now.

Just looking at some of the dumb decisions made yesterday...emm..its going to be ok.

Better than okay for you guys, you got rid of a lousy QB who has lost it.  Probably due to bellichick, certainly not your low character owner.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I hate to rain on the parade, but Brady is either going to the Giants or Miami..

it ain't over yet

LMAO, he's not going to either team, but I would LOVE to see either one of these scenarios play out. The Giants dumping Jones and/or the Dolphins forgoing an opportunity to land Tua for a 43 year old QB would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So “can’t throw” = 36 td passes?

Easy to score via the air when scrambling and the LB’s are unsure of a commit to tackle or a pass defense.  It’s been this way forever, RGIII, Vick, but they don’t last.  Once they can’t run they can’t win.  You did watch the playoffs, yes?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You do realize that Sar doesn't believe any of that? He's trolling the people who think the Jets are a good team and doing a masterful job at it.

Nope. I’m just a good fan who can see that we’ve turned a corner.  

SAR I

And to make it just a little bit sunnier, Drew Brees just signed a 2-year extension with the Saints.  So the career passing TD and passing yard records are looking more likely to stay with him.  It's very petty of me, but it makes me just a teensy bit happier knowing that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

How does this happen before we hear where he is going?

Because he wants the attention.

He wants 24 hours of "Brady Watch" and "Where will Tom go?" coverage on TV when in fact, he already knows where he's going.

If I had to handicap it....

Chargers 2-1

Dolphins 3-1

Bucs 3-1

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Better than okay for you guys, you got rid of a lousy QB who has lost it.  Probably due to bellichick, certainly not your low character owner.

Maybe u should get woody a massage. Then maybe he would actually know how to run a franchise.

And..I am going to die laughing when Brady goes somewhere w a decent offense..watch him play. Hope you guys have him on your schedule.

18 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Patriots still have BB and organization is still run better than majority of the NFL franchises now.

Just looking at some of the dumb decisions made yesterday...emm..its going to be ok.

The problem is that BB will be 68 in April. He probably has, at the very most, a 5 year window and he is starting over at the most important position in football. 

Can he still compete? Of course. But the automatic 12-4/13-3/14-2 seasons and first round byes are over. They aren't a juggernaut anymore, which means that if we ever actually get our sh*t together, we might actually be able to compete for another division title or two before I die. 

Just now, ghost_in_pads02 said:

First our owner>>>> your owner..maybe u should get woody a massage.

And..I am going to die laughing when Brady goes somewhere w a decent offense..watch him play. Hope you guys have him on your schedule.

Brady won;t. He played on a team designed for his skills and with the pats ref friendly  rep and failed badly last year.  He is done.

Woody and Chris johsnon are incompetent boobs, but as far as character goes miles ahead of the lecherous guy you call an owner.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

LMAO, he's not going to either team, but I would LOVE to see either one of these scenarios play out. The Giants dumping Jones and/or the Dolphins forgoing an opportunity to land Tua for a 43 year old QB would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

stranger things have happened my friend!

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

And to make it just a little bit sunnier, Drew Brees just signed a 2-year extension with the Saints.  So the career passing TD and passing yard records are looking more likely to stay with him.  It's very petty of me, but it makes me just a teensy bit happier knowing that.

I would try to not get caught up in that stuff. The Brady legacy is cemented at this point. Brees has one ring and no MVPs. Brady has 6 rings and three MVPs. The truth hurts. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A deep threat WR paired with a dink-n-dunk QB.  Sounds like a match made in heaven, all for a pricetag of $35M+.  

Yeah, I will sign right now for the Dolphins giving a 43 year old QB 35 million a year and making Robby the highest paid WR in the division. 

Do it. 

• Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Brady won;t. He played on a team designed for his skills and with the pats ref friendly  rep and failed badly last year.  He is done.

Woody and Chris johsnon are incompetent boobs, but as far as character goes miles ahead of the lecherous guy you call an owner.

Riiiiight..

And Kraft is so hurt cuz of your opinion on the internet.  Damn! 

26 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The problem is that BB will be 68 in April. He probably has, at the very most, a 5 year window and he is starting over at the most important position in football. 

Can he still compete? Of course. But the automatic 12-4/13-3/14-2 seasons and first round byes are over. They aren't a juggernaut anymore, which means that if we ever actually get our sh*t together, we might actually be able to compete for another division title or two before I die. 

BB is going to coach as long as he wants and seeing how many bad coaches there are out there...he has nothing to worry about.

And the interesting thing about the pats being "dominate" in this division. Like how many years in the BB/Brady era has the jets been "runner ups"? 

Like the Pats were never the jets problem.. the Jets are the Jets problem.

6 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

BB is going to coach as long as he wants and seeing how many bad coaches there are out there...he has nothing to worry about.

And the interesting thing about the pats being "dominate" in this division. Like how many years in the BB/Brady era has the jets been "runner ups"? 

Like the Pats were never the jets problem.. the Jets are the Jets problem.

It's not about coaching as long as he wants. It's about how much longer will actually be able to live up to his legacy. 68 is getting up there for an NFL coach and you have to wonder about his long term motivation after all of the winning. 

Shula retired at 66. Vermeil retired at 63. The most promising example is Marv Levy, who retired at 72, but was a shell of his former shelf for the last couple of years of his career. 

Again, BB has a MAX of 5 years left, and personally, I would take the under on that. 

The party is ending, friend.