Why Do Out Of Touch, Corporate Types That Have Never Played Football Keep F*cking Up Logos & Uniforms

PCP63

I mean, seriously, who the hell is approving these terrible designs? The Pats going with color rush unis? Terrible decision. The Chargers putting number on the helmet and putting the lightning bolt on the "a" in Chargers? Terrible. The biggest offender is obviously the Rams. My god. The terrible design, the ambiguity on whether it's the LAR or LAC, it's just a complete mess. Why are teams trying to fix things that aren't broken?

Buncha corporate asswipes that have never played a down in their life thinking they know best. Can't tell if it's senile 80-year-olds, or dumbass millenials, but they need new graphics designers and copywriters.

• Upvote 2

I'm sure the Pats wanted a change to mark the post Brady era. I like what they chose - they look more 1776-ish if that makes sense. Chargers uni's are great - love the powder blue, but not crazy about the numbers. The Rams messed up for sure - the horns form a C, which should have been obvious to everyone working on it. I'm a designer that does a lot of corporate ID and would have picked up on that pretty quickly. What no-one seems to mention about the Rams new logo is that the main typography is white - which means it always needs a dark background - a no no when designing this stuff. I think they are going with the wrong people. Design has gone downhill the last 10 years when people are relying too much on the tools and not thinking enough about the concepts.

19 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

So...what exactly does playing football have to do with knowledge of graphic design? 

Nothing, I guess. But maybe someone that actually watches football would realize that these "new, hip, corporate" logos are not what NFL fans want.

16 minutes ago, peebag said:

I kinda liked the Jets color rush unis.  Better than the current jerseys.

The Jets' current uniforms are also trash. How could they possibly think it was an upgrade from the last unis?

Only teams that's made a positive change is the Browns.

19 minutes ago, peebag said:

LOL I was just going to start a thread about this there was one game that we wore a jersey I think it was the 2018 season. The green was the same color we're using now but it was metallic! It was the white jerseys with metallic green! I think it was the predecessor to the new uniforms and it was perfect! I looked for it online but couldn't find it. Please post if you know what I'm talkin about

Just now, southtown24th said:

One word: Branding.

Actually several more words: marketing, money, etc.

Bad branding is bad. Again, out of touch corporate types screwing things up. I'm all for change, but these are just plain bad changes.

9 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

LOL I was just going to start a thread about this there was one game that we wore a jersey I think it was the 2018 season. The green was the same color we're using now but it was metallic! It was the white jerseys with metallic green! I think it was the predecessor to the new uniforms and it was perfect! I looked for it online but couldn't find it. Please post if you know what I'm talkin about

CTFufhhW4AAf6Da.jpg-large.0.0.jpeg

31 minutes ago, peebag said:

The black ones? I hate them. The others- meh. Wish they just went with the white helmets you see on the website and didn’t bother with the black.

Thats just me. I know a lot of others like them. For the record I was fine with what they had- they could’ve just updated those ( maybe change the font and go with the color green they changed to)

Just now, peebag said:

CTFufhhW4AAf6Da.jpg-large.0.0.jpeg

No that's not them I'm looking too. Sorry I feel like a dumbass but it was only one time I believe that we wore the uniform. It was after they said that colorblind people were complaining about watching the game. It wasn't the full green uniforms. I believe the uniforms were white but we changed the green color and it was a shiny metallic including the helmet. Similar what they changed the uniforms to but better

4 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Bad branding is bad. Again, out of touch corporate types screwing things up. I'm all for change, but these are just plain bad changes.

you don't make that determination.

the masses make that determination.

and so far the masses state that this is an OVERWHELMINGLY positive change for the Chargers. Google it.

37 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Money. New uniforms equals more Jersey sales which equals more money.

Yep. The key is for a new design to not be completely vomitous so fans avoid wearing them but not so great that fans howl when you change them in 5 years in another cash grab.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

that's like saying, "Katy Perry sucks"...meanwhile, she's selling millions of records and selling out shows all over the globe to the tune of a net worth of $330 million but you...living in your mom's basement, in between yerking sessions, you say, "that sucks!"

Money talks my son.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

No that's not them I'm looking too. Sorry I feel like a dumbass but it was only one time I believe that we wore the uniform. It was after they said that colorblind people were complaining about watching the game. It wasn't the full green uniforms. I believe the uniforms were white but we changed the green color and it was a shiny metallic including the helmet. Similar what they changed the uniforms to but better

That's them - it was Bills/Jets 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDZ8fRm92SQ

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

That's them - it was Bills/Jets 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDZ8fRm92SQ

LOL definitely the helmet but I could swear the uniform was white and I found out on the internet that it was called chrome green. IDK maybe I was dreaming or drunk. Still can't find a picture maybe it was a Photoshop?

5 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

that's like saying, "Katy Perry sucks"...meanwhile, she's selling millions of records and selling out shows all over the globe to the tune of a net worth of $330 million but you...living in your mom's basement, in between yerking sessions, you say, "that sucks!"

Money talks my son.

Katy Perry's yabbo's are worth $330 million

612fn607bmL._AC_SY741_.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

par for the course for someone who uses the word "yabbos"

they definitely place me into a hypnotic trance to the point that "yabbos dabbo my ding-dong" were the only words I could think of

Just now, jmat321 said:

So many “new” uniforms this season.  Seems like this is going to be a thing going forward, everyone is going to do a redesign every few years.  

Traditional is what works. The new Jets uniforms were a massive dud. The branding across the chest etc falls flat imo. Chargers did a great job. Browns too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1