****OFFICIAL 2020 JETNATION DRAFT DAY END OF THE WORLD DRAFT DAY MISERY THREAD OF OPTIMISM****

I think the first question on every potential draftees mind is -when am I going to get paid. If the season is shut down will they pay me now or later or never. That's what these kids have been waiting for and busted their butts for years for. Everything else to them I would think is immaterial. And that esp goes for Burrow. He is going to be drafted by the cheapest org in the league. 

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

10 of the last 11 first round picks.  10 of the last 11 first rounders have been defense for this forsaken franchise.

Offense at # 11.  If we don't like the board at 11, move down (even if you have to take 75 cents on the dollar in a trade) and take an offensive player there. 

In no way, shape or form will I be able to talk myself into a CB being the right pick tonight.  Even if Okudah is available.  

Worse is it’s one non-QB offensive player since Mangold.

The group has been left to rot. Darnold given trash to work with so we can solidify the interior of the defence.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Woooooooo get up. It’s draft day. There are no sports anymore and may never will be, but don’t let that get you down. It’s a new day, Joe Douglas is in charge, and he’s going to purge the miasma of every horrible GM that cane before him. 

My wish list:

1. PROP UP DARNOLD WITH EVERY RESOURCE AVAILABLE.

2. DUMP THE LOSER SAFETY FOR TEN CENTS ON THE DOLLAR TO ACHIEVE ITEM ONE

3. TO NOT HEAR THE PHRASE, “WELL, HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON OUR BOARD SO...”

So we won't be drafting a Kyle Wilson type at 11?

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

Haha easier said than done. A hand can only take you so far...

A hand will take you to the exact same place except you save $95 for the chicken parm and her two glasses of Cabernet, and with the added bonus of never having to sit outside a Lane Bryant for two hours holding a purse.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A hand will take you to the exact same place except you save $95 for the chicken parm and her two glasses of Cabernet, and with the added bonus of never having to sit outside a Lane Bryant for two hours holding a purse.

True but without said events I have trouble locating the 2 huge udders and cheeks. They're quite vital for a successful offense.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I could succeed in this draft. If JD blows this one we're seriously effed. This draft lines up PERFECTLY with our immediate needs to help Sam Darnold develop into our FRANCHISE QB. #1- PROTECT HIM!, #2- GIVE HIM MORE WEAPONS! #3- Please move on from old backup RBs like Powell & Montgomery & get one that's young & EXPLOSIVE! 

Outside of those 3 things we need help at CB & Pass Rusher. Might not be able to do all these things in 2020 but this draft gives him the opportunity having those 2 numbers 3s, which could be Edge, CB, #4 take RB.

For some strange reason, in JD I trust. 

I'm with you. There's that little bit of uncertainty. And I have a slight concern that he will want to trade down a million times taking lesser and lesser prospects. But YES. #1 protect Sam, #2 Give him weapons- specifically a WR, specifically one who can line up on the outsize (no Hamler or Duvernay please) #3 I would say Pass Rusher just because I think- like you said, the Jets can get a RB with their second 3rd or their 4th round pick. And finally CB. 

The more I think about it the less I believe JD will look to draft a CB early, maybe with one of the 6th rounders. They have 4 spots pretty much locked up, even if on a short term basis. Desir, Bless, Maulet, Poole. So just going back to roster space. I just don't see the Jets taking a CB early (first 4 picks) unless really good value falls to them. 

As a side note I'll say that despite how most Jet fans seem to feel about the RB position. It's a bit of a mystery as far as the Jets are concerned. I feel like they may not be looking to draft one with the first three picks. They might like Adams and Moore, the two RBs we barely saw anything from last year. 

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I see a deadline trade making more sense for another team re: Adams.  Maybe that's because we're only an hour or so away from the draft and it hasn't happened, but why not see how weeks 1-6 go, and if you feel like you're a safety away from contention, you try to get Adams on this year's contract for next years, hopefully later, draft pick, while this years #1 helps you get there.  If you trade for him today, you're committing to extending him, and losing that additional asset.  

I don't expect an Adams trade today, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Just like we have doomsday scenarios here regarding the 11th pick where all the OTs are off the board and the BAP is a DT, I'm sure a team like the Cowboys has had similar nightmares regarding their hopes and dreams at #17. The board could fall in such a way that Jerry decides Jamal-pro is his best move. 

• Upvote 1

I usually get to draft day with strong opinion on who I want.  Last year, it was Josh Allen, 2 years ago, Josh Rosen (never said that I am always right).  But this year.  Maybe it is because we are picking later than the past couple of seasons, so there ismore uncertainty, but as long as it is one of the top OTs or WRs I will be happy.  Any of the following will make for a good Thursday evening for me:

Thomas, Wirfs, Becton, Wills, Jones,, Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, or trade back if the first 4 OTs are off the board.  I would even be okay with a trade up of 2 to 3 slots to get our OT.

• Upvote 1