So the deepest WR class in Memory and WE only take 1??

I sorry but I am very disappointed we didn't take at least one other wide out.  I guess Joe must be REAL confident in Perriman.   We had DPJ and AGG among others staring us in the face and passed on them, over and over and then took a punter instead of Quez Watkins who went like 8 picks later!!  Look I love a lot of what JD did this draft but I hope this doesn't come back to haunt him.   Even Juaun Jennings went to the 49ers in the 7th.   You mean to tell me we couldn't have used a guy like him?  But Joe traded the other 6 round pick and 7th for another Colts Cornerback.    I guess I understand that a starting caliber corner is might be considered my valuable than what ever you can get in the 6th or 7th round but still...  

I also think we left a lot of good players on the board in the 4th round.  Considering this was his first draft, I will cut him a little slack but taking only one receiver in this draft drops his grade to B minus.    Again, I am hoping having all those picks and then passing over so many top ranked players doesn't come back to haunt us.   What do you guys think.  Sorry but I'm a little bummed at the moment.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

It is strange that this is the 2nd "deep" WR draft that we didn't/couldn't take advantage of.

Idzik tried, but failed horribly with his choices.

Douglas felt other needs were better met.

Let's just hope his instincts are better than his predecessors . . .

• Upvote 1

Just now, NOSIDE said:

We had too many needs. I’m considering Josh Doctson like another pick

It might be simplistic, but we really should look at guys like Perriman and Doctson like late-round picks -- aware that odds are likely against them, but hoping we catch lightning in a bottle . . .

Just now, sciond said:

seriously this looks like the most well run draft we have had in years.....can't anyone be happy?

Let's look now at free agent signings

I think some of our fans are terrified of being happy.  It’s like Battered wife syndrome or something ? 

• Upvote 3

100 percent agree,   thought , drafting  a P ,Qb and S , was a ? would have liked another WR ,  teams around the leauge are going to 4-5 wr spreads to help young QBs teams addes 2-3 wrs in this draft.  Really thought we needed to address Oline , WRs and DBs in this draft.  Oline looks great , loved Mims , we traded for entire Colts secoundary.  BUT alot of wrs we passed.   If mims was gone , I would have giving this draft a C instead if Bplus. 

This is a very strong draft debut for JD IMHO. He played it cute twice and still managed to get quality at WR and CB - quite the flex. I think it's fair to note that we only took 1 WR in a talent rich draft at that position so while I agree with the criticism the OP makes, I don't think it outweighs the overall quality of the performance.

It was also a strong year for OT/L and we took two there at least. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OCCH23 said:

It is strange that this is the 2nd "deep" WR draft that we didn't/couldn't take advantage of.

Idzik tried, but failed horribly with his choices.

Douglas felt other needs were better met.

Let's just hope his instincts are better than his predecessors . . .

If Mims turns out to be legit and I don’t mean just another Robby, then I’ll be fine with not taking another. 

The fact that we’ve walked away with guys like Hansen and Stewart instead of Godwin is horrific. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

We had so many holes to fill we were never gonna take a lot of WR.  Also a lot went early.  This is the consequence of the previous regime.  However we still got Mims, I love crowder, I like our tight ends just need to be healthy , I think bell has a bounce back year behind a better line,  I like Perriman and hope the end of last year was a sign of things to come.  We can’t upgrade everything in 1 offseason 

Dude seriously, we had 6 day two picks we could have very easily taken another receiver.  I mean did we really need to draft a punter???  It's my main gripe, but it's water under the bridge at this point.  

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, sciond said:

seriously this looks like the most well run draft we have had in years.....can't anyone be happy?

Let's look now at free agent signings

If you look at my post yesterday I am very happy, but you can't tell me with all the receivers available, you aren't a little surprised we didn't take ANY today?  Really?  

3 minutes ago, NOSIDE said:

U guys are pissed? Whose the number 2 in GB? They didn’t draft a single WR! 

I think the guys we added, perriman, Doctson, etc, and maybe the return of Enunwa plus some UDFAs, I’m not upset about not drafting more WRs. 

this is one of the best drafts in a long time

Yeah and now look at em! Drafting future QBs in round one!

• Haha 1