Jets have he worst roster in the division by far

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Sad sacks

Either learn to love your pain or lay down and die.

Crying because you don't think we win the division. JFC. We're still not a great team what a blatantly obvious take.

How about maybe being competitive this year and being able to watch a game without it being a waste of time. I'll be happy with that this year. Having a decent enough line and weapons to put the Darnold evaluation to bed sounds entertaining enough.

Boo hoo other rosters are still better than ours. Pats and Phins are in complete flux right now and have plenty to worry about. The Bills are the only good roster with some consistency at this point and they are still success capped due to Allen IMO. No one in the AFCE is winning the Superbowl this year. It's the Bills division to lose and it's definitely not their SB to win.

Teams turn it around all the time in one year in the NFL.  Heck, just last year look at the 49ers.

We have the biggest piece of puzzle in Darnold, coming into his third year..

Now, understand the problems last year and this is A LOT of ifs but let me lay it out..

If they say mostly healthy

If Zuniga can have an impact (not 10 sacks but cause some problems)

If Becton learns how to pass block

If Davis or Hall, one of them can be a starter in the backfield.

If Mims can play to his potential And Perriman looks like his last 5 games.

Fant, Van Roten can play like middle of the road starters and not back-upS...

Now, if all or most of that happens - I know it’s a lot but nothing really outrageous and any one of them on their own seems completely plausible, it’s just all of them happening might be tough.  

But if it does - This is not only a playoff team but one that would be capable of making a run.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tends to happen when you have 6 straight bad drafts prior to the arrival of a new GM. This is a 6-7 win roster in 2020.

Luckily we finally have a competent GM. 2021 is when this team starts becoming a perennial contender/powerhouse.

I hope it’s the last 6-7 games so @SAR I can stay pumped!!! He brings so much joy to the board. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tends to happen when you have 6 straight bad drafts prior to the arrival of a new GM. This is a 6-7 win roster in 2020.

Luckily we finally have a competent GM. 2021 is when this team starts becoming a perennial contender/powerhouse.

Exactly. When you have a lot of poor drafts in succession is makes it impossible to fix everything in one draft even though we have really strong draft.  One more good draft next year and we will be in very good shape 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Why don’t we just hope for a season, let them play the games and try to enjoy the process.
Some of y’all probably complain why it takes so long for a hard boil egg to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

My late Uncle loved poach eggs. He died at 97, pretty sure those gross ass things finally got him. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Doesnt make Allen better.

In this case it just means hes on the better team

Nothing about watching Allen says hes better than Darnold

I'm sorry buddy, but I really don't see anything watching Darnold that says he's better than Allen either.

You're obviously right about Allen being on a more talented roster, but I saw something yesterday that said Allen was the 3rd most pressured QB when passing last year. I'm sure Darnold was right up there also, and who knows? Maybe he was one of the top 2. Either way, our OL stunk, and Sam didn't get a lot of time that's for sure.

Long story short, we still don't know at this point who's better now, or will be in the future. Hopefully it's Darnold.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, JetFan20 said:

QB was excluded from this excercise

ILB and RB really don’t move the needle for me. You want to say the Jets are #1 at both positions? Fine, but that isn’t going to change the fact that on paper its still the worst offense & defense in division. 

Not sure how you can say Jets have a better Oline than Pats/Bills. 

He NEVER said that . In spite of YOU changing Greensleeves original post. How totally tacky of you changing his post to support your negative agenda.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm sorry buddy, but I really don't see anything watching Darnold that says he's better than Allen either.

You're obviously right about Allen being on a more talented roster, but I saw something yesterday that said Allen was the 3rd most pressured QB when passing last year. I'm sure Darnold was right up there also, and who knows? Maybe he was one of the top 2. Either way, our OL stunk, and Sam didn't get a lot of time that's for sure.

Long story short, we still don't know at this point who's better now, or will be in the future. Hopefully it's Darnold.

Darnold is better.  We know that.

Even if that wasn’t the case - it’s just a matter of time before Allen has a very serious injury with the way he plays.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Teams turn it around all the time in one year in the NFL.  Heck, just last year look at the 49ers.

We have the biggest piece of puzzle in Darnold, coming into his third year..

Now, understand the problems last year and this is A LOT of ifs but let me lay it out..

If they say mostly healthy

If Zuniga can have an impact (not 10 sacks but cause some problems)

If Becton learns how to pass block

If Davis or Hall, one of them can be a starter in the backfield.

If Mims can play to his potential And Perriman looks like his last 5 games.

Fant, Van Roten can play like middle of the road starters and not back-upS...

Now, if all or most of that happens - I know it’s a lot but nothing really outrageous and any one of them on their own seems completely plausible, it’s just all of them happening might be tough.  

But if it does - This is not only a playoff team but one that would be capable of making a run.

I just still see a lot of unknowns. Hopefully they added some good mid-tier depth to the roster which will serve them well if the injury bug hits again. 

Oline:

Invested a lot to upgrade, but could also be worse (No guaranty Becton/Fant/Edoga out play Beachum/Shell/Edoga). The only clear upgrade is McGovern replacing Kalil/Harrison and better overall depth. 

WR: 

Will Mims & Perriman replace DT and Robby Anderson’ production? Woudln’t be a bad move to sign DT as an insurance policy as hes still out there. Do the Jets get anything from Quincy Enunwa? Does Jamison Crowder stay healthy again? Do the Jets have any depth (Vyncint Smith, Berrios, Josh Doctson). 

TE:

Herndon could be the biggest addition on offense nobody is taking about. Darnold seemed to develop some really nice chemistry with him. Is he going to have a bounce back in year 3 after a lost year 2 like Marcus Maye?

Defensively they didn’t really lose anything, but didn’t add much. Pierre Desir and Quincy Wilson should be upgrades over Trumaine Johnson and Daryl Roberts. They lost Copeland, but replaced him with Zuniga who’s got more upside. 

I’d love for the Jets to look to add DT, Logan Ryan, and Vinny Curry on one year deals. 

• Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Listen, I get you hate Darnold.  I get that you downgrade him on every turn.  Watching Allen and Darnold and really that you dont see anything, like accuracy and touch right off the bat?  All more important than arm strength given Darnold can make every throw that arm strength isnt an issue.  And running ability?  Nice now but as with arm strength Darnold can move around, can create time, should be allowed to run more but to me theyre not RBs, theyre QBs.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Listen, I get you hate Darnold.  I get that you downgrade him on every turn.  Watching Allen and Darnold and really that you dont see anything, like accuracy and touch right off the bat?  All more important than arm strength given Darnold can make every throw that arm strength isnt an issue.  And running ability?  Nice now but as with arm strength Darnold can move around, can create time, should be allowed to run more but to me theyre not RBs, theyre QBs.  

Be better than this. You made me stop reading after the first sentence.

You've never once heard me say I "hate" Darnold… or any other player. I've made it a point to mention several times there isn't a single player in ANY sport, on ANY team that I hate. I have too much respect for the talent these guys have, and the work it took them to get where they are. 

Don't take the fact that I've not been as impressed with Darnold as you and a lot of others here, and use it as a license to put words like that in my mouth.

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

I just still see a lot of unknowns. Hopefully they added some good mid-tier depth to the roster which will serve them well if the injury bug hits again. 

Oline:

Invested a lot to upgrade, but could also be worse (No guaranty Becton/Fant/Edoga out play Beachum/Shell/Edoga). The only clear upgrade is McGovern replacing Kalil/Harrison and better overall depth. 

WR: 

Will Mims & Perriman replace DT and Robby Anderson’ production? Woudln’t be a bad move to sign DT as an insurance policy as hes still out there. Do the Jets get anything from Quincy Enunwa? Does Jamison Crowder stay healthy again? Do the Jets have any depth (Vyncint Smith, Berrios, Josh Doctson). 

TE:

Herndon could be the biggest addition on offense nobody is taking about. Darnold seemed to develop some really nice chemistry with him. Is he going to have a bounce back in year 3 after a lost year 2 like Marcus Maye?

Defensively they didn’t really lose anything, but didn’t add much. Pierre Desir and Quincy Wilson should be upgrades over Trumaine Johnson and Daryl Roberts. They lost Copeland, but replaced him with Zuniga who’s got more upside. 

I’d love for the Jets to look to add DT, Logan Ryan, and Vinny Curry on one year deals. 

There are a ton of questions marks. I agree.  But there’s a lot more upside here than you’re acknowledging

Mims is far and away more talented than DT.  

Herndon and Griffin are mostly additions (The offense looked completely different when Griffin was playing)

Forgetting about CB Hall here - This is a guy that would have been a late first, early second round pick if he didn’t get hurt, and by all accounts his rehab is going really well.  And Davis can play all over the place, another great athlete.

Most important thing - Sam going into his third year.  Give him time and watch this team put up 35 a week.

I will be the first to say we did very little in FA to make this team better - I think it may very well have gotten worse but the draft added some very good potential - and simply getting players back from injury are big gains.

I’m not saying this will happen, I’m just saying to people that are accepting a bad season again are wrong to assume we can’t be good this year.  It happens all the time in the NFL.  A lot would have to go right, but it can happen.

If he stays healthy, he'll be a situational pass rusher.  I don't see a three down player here.  I see comparisons to Pace and other 34 DE/OLB.   Those guys were three down starters in a 34.  Zuniga is going to be used in a clear passing situation they way New England used Chandler Jones...

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Be better than this. You made me stop reading after the first sentence.

You've never once heard me say I "hate" Darnold… or any other player. I've made it a point to mention several times there isn't a single player in ANY sport, or ANY team that I hate. I have too much respect for the talent these guys have, and the work it took them to get where they are.

Don't take the fact that I've not been as impressed with Darnold as you and a lot of others here, and use it as a license to put words in my mouth.

I think Darnold looks to be a more accurate passer than Allen. You don’t see Sam airmailing 5 yard passes like Allen and Trubisky. I’m not sure if you can ever coach that out of those guys. 

Where Sam needs to improve is his ability to handle pressure. The oline was bad last year, but Sam made things worse with some terrible decisions. It would also be nice to give the kid a semblance of a running game for the first time in his career to avoid those 3rd and Long situations where the offense is at a disadvantage. 

• Thumb Down 1

41 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I hope it’s the last 6-7 games so @SAR I can stay pumped!!! He brings so much joy to the board. 

124JETS.jpg

We are 10-6 as constituted right now.  It’s just a matter of whether or not we can get to 11 or 12.  Teams we are capable of beating shown above. 

SAR I

41 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Gotta disagree, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone with expertise in evaluating QBs who would say that as of this moment Allen is a better QB, and on top of that, they all agree Sam has more potential.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

Gotta disagree, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone with expertise in evaluating QBs who would say that as of this moment Allen is a better QB, and on top of that, they all agree Sam has more potential.

Fair enough.

Let's see how it plays out though. It's not always the guy with the most potential who ends up the better player.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

124JETS.jpg

We are 10-6 as constituted right now.  It’s just a matter of whether or not we can get to 11 or 12.  Teams we are capable of beating shown above. 

SAR I

You having us beat the Bills twice is a testament to who you’ve become. The ray of light of this message board during dark times. “ Shine on your crazy diamond (watch)!” 

• Upvote 1