Jets have engaged In trade talks about Marcus Maye

If this is the case we're definitely paying Adams. Also shows they're very high on Davis.

I liked Maye - Think he's a very good player and I'd have been happy to keep him. I'd want something significant in return. 

It's Manish though so he could have made this up over breakfast. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Why would anyone believe Mehta about anything?  Do we have another source to back it  up?  

It should be a board-requirement to have a corroborating source before we post any Mehta proclamations. 

Dearest Mehta, Are we trading him for Dillon?  

It’s so far fetched that a player on last year of his deal  . Who Gase admittedly did not like when he first took the job . Who jets drafted his replacement in the 3rd rd.  Would be in trade talks? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I would be a bit shocked here.  Unless it’s for a legitimate starting corner of Maye’s talent level or a quality starting caliber guard, allowing us to cut Winters.

makes little sense to trade him otherwise.

I mean we just drafted a replacement. I think the common consensus was Davis meant either Adams or Maye were on their way out. 

If it were for a WR or OL around the same level then I think it's a pretty decent trade off. May explain why we didn't double down at WR.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

What is far fetched is trusting anything Mehta says.  I'm not saying JD isn't trying to trade Maye.  Personally, I just need an additional source to start believing anything Manish says, whether it makes sense or not.  My patience for that doosh has run out.  

I listen to you lie about Jamal  being bad in coverage I don’t judge . 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

It’s so far fetched that a player on last year of his deal  . Who Gase admittedly did not like when he first took the job . Who jets drafted his replacement in the 3rd rd.  Would be in trade talks? 

Gase admitted that he didn’t like Maye?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Joe D is a tough negotiator. If this is true he'll put a value on him & that will be that. No way you get a 2nd round pick for a safety whose contract is coming up. I think the more likely scenario, if true, is a player swap for a WR or Edge Rusher with a contract coming up. 

Not shocking if true. Davis looks like player! No one had Marcus Maye listed as the 33rd best overall athlete in the entire draft like Davis. 

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

As much as I like Davis as a draft pick, this team does not have the talent to trade away a proven, reliable starter before a 3rd round draft pick has even set foot in Florham Park.

especially with a still unsettled corner spots.

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Joe D is a tough negotiator. If this is true he'll put a value on him & that will be that. No way you get a 2nd round pick for a safety whose contract is coming up. I think the more likely scenario, if true, is a player swap for a WR or Edge Rusher with a contract coming up. 

Not shocking if true. Davis looks like player! No one had Marcus Maye listed as the 33rd best overall athlete in the entire draft like Davis. 

NGAKOUE

• Post of the Week 2

38 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This would make me a bit sad. I think it is smart to engage in talks about any player who doesn’t seem realistic to retain of course. Getting ahead of it and getting something in return is smart and I’d like to see more if it. If not at least getting ahead of the comp pick game.

But a player like maye who is an upper tier FS and keeps quiet throughout any bad times is good to have around. Id really like to see the 3 safety set we have been pondering since the Davis selection though. That’s a boat load of talent back there.

I think if they see having 3 safeties taking one of the CB’s off of the field they may choose to negate the idea. Who knows?
What I do know is I trust JD and GW to make the smart decisions that are best for the overall team.

I’d say a 2nd rd pick is the floor for Maye. I wonder what kind of player we’d be looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Mr Bean i usually agree with you but not in this case.  Maye is in the last year of his deal and the Jets have secured a cheaper faster replacement.  Maye has had some health issues and has never been an All Pro.  He is a solid player who will be looking for a new contract next year.  Id be surprised if they got a 3rd for him, more likely a fourth rounder for his last season.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Adam Gase wanted to trade Maye upon getting hired last year before level-headed voices convinced him that it would be a mistake (because he’s a very good player), team sources said.

General manager Joe Douglas has fielded trade inquiries and engaged in discussions about Maye in the past year, but chose to keep the free safety (because he’s a very good player).

Only Manish writes like this. To make it perfectly clear to everyone that Gase is the bad guy here. It’s so pathetic. 

Start with Maye isnt a very good player, he struggled last season. 

Again, where did Gase say this, who's talking for him here.  

18 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

In one of his early press conferences last year . Said it wasn’t until he watch his tape he thought he could be good . 

Thats not the same as he didnt like him. 

A line like I didnt realize how good he was doesnt mean he didnt like him.  

• Upvote 1