Early play could be pretty low quality

From what I read there will be 0 preseason games and only 20 practices total before the season kicks off. There is no question that the timing, conditioning and intensity of the maybe up to the first 6 weeks will be really off and likely really poor quality. While it is true that veterans have some advantages in terms of system familiarity I think it might be younger teams that acclimate faster. Results in first 4-6 games of season will be even less predictable than normal. I think it is a great opportunity for the Jets to get off to a good start because our defense should be very very stout against the run and passing offenses will not be very effective early.

Also, the veterans were not really concerned about safety they wanted to force better payment considerations and less work. They ALWAYS do that at the detriment of the future of the NFL.

Playing devil's advocate here(partially) but I think there is a chance it will be crisper.  Pros know what it takes to get ready.  I'd anticipate practices will be sharper and more focused which I think will allow for crisper early season games.

I think injuries is where no preseason games will rear it's ugly head.

Buffalo and SF. Two teams that had good seasons last year. Not many changes to the core offensive players other than Diggs coming to Buffalo. Hopefully the timing between Allen and Diggs will be a train wreck. Jets secondary needs all the help they can get. Also with Mosley responsible for shadowing Allen I feel good about the defense and I think we know them well enough to put up 17 - 20 points. WIN

SF is a two-headed monster with the running game and Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and Benjamin we will be hard pressed to keep them under 24. Is our offense (implementing a new zone running scheme) with a new OL and 2 new receivers able to put up over 24 points? I am not encouraged unfortunately! LOSS

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Buffalo and SF. Two teams that had good seasons last year. Not many changes to the core offensive players other than Diggs coming to Buffalo. Hopefully the timing between Allen and Diggs will be a train wreck. Jets secondary needs all the help they can get. Also with Mosley responsible for shadowing Allen I feel good about the defense and I think we know them well enough to put up 17 - 20 points. WIN

SF is a two-headed monster with the running game and Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and Benjamin we will be hard pressed to keep them under 24. Is our offense (implementing a new zone running scheme) with a new OL and 2 new receivers able to put up over 24 points? I am not encouraged unfortunately! LOSS

hard to say.  kc can obviously score with anybody but their defense made sf look pretty pedestrian.  jimmy g didn't exactly look so good trying to make a two handed pass either.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

From what I read there will be 0 preseason games and only 20 practices total before the season kicks off. There is no question that the timing, conditioning and intensity of the maybe up to the first 6 weeks will be really off and likely really poor quality. While it is true that veterans have some advantages in terms of system familiarity I think it might be younger teams that acclimate faster. Results in first 4-6 games of season will be even less predictable than normal. I think it is a great opportunity for the Jets to get off to a good start because our defense should be very very stout against the run and passing offenses will not be very effective early.

Also, the veterans were not really concerned about safety they wanted to force better payment considerations and less work. They ALWAYS do that at the detriment of the future of the NFL.

I agree and was expecting this to an extent.

Guessing those players that worked out together in groups this spring should be ahead of the curve a bit though.

48 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

SF is a two-headed monster with the running game and Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and Benjamin we will be hard pressed to keep them under 24. 

Deebo probably won't be available for that game.  He's going to likely miss about 2-4 games (fractured foot).  Those are tricky injuries.

• Upvote 1

Our defense will be rocking! No one runs on us healthy. Forcing Allen & Garrapolo into must pass scenarios is EDGE GW & the Jets defense. 

Eary in the season it's imperative Sam takes care of the rock. He's gonna have much bigger targets now, plus Herndon & Griffin back. Larger stronger WRs like Perriman & Mims and Crowder is a known PITA in the slot. Matriculate the ball down the field Sammy. Bell & Gore though older, lot of experience blocking which will be important early. 

Jets are being underestimated. Sams confidence will soar if he gets more time in the pocket. I think he makes a huge leap. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

No preseason, only a handful of practices, its the 49ers first travel of the year and its all the way East, they are at the Giants a week later and have to fly back home quickly.  10AM kickoff.  Emotional Jets home opener after an easy win in Buffalo the week before.  WIN

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Luke Falk, the Eagles’ 7th string emergency backup, will win the Nick Foles League MVP Trophy after throwing for 387 yards total in the three games the league is able to play. (The MVP Award is named after Nick Foles after Foles dies of Hydroxychloroquine poisoning in Week One.)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Luke Falk, the Eagles’ 7th string emergency backup, will win the Nick Foles League MVP Trophy after throwing for 387 yards total in the three games the league is able to play. (The MVP Award is named after Nick Foles after Foles dies of Hydroxychloroquine poisoning in Week One.)

Luke Falk isn’t throwing 387 yards in a 16 game season. 

• Haha 2

Count on it! And count on any Diva or veteran being injured before or just as the season starts. Mosley, Adams, Bell.. Etc.

The whole season will be like preseason. But you know what? I don't give a fuk!!! I'm busting out the beers and the cheese and crackers cuz I wanted to see the rookies play anyway-

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

The 1st couple games looked like pre-season for most teams already. 

That's cuz when they took away two a days, all the divas and athletes couldn't get injured till' the regular season. The rest of the guys on the field are the actual football players!

If you think I'm kidding I'm not. In the old days that's when you knew who the starters were on your football team-

Any of us watching football for more than a couple of decades see obvious decline in the offensive line play and the timing of the offense in general.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

So the XFL does live on!

4 hours ago, johnnysd said: