Barnwell gives the Jets a B+

1 minute ago, FlightBoyz said:

The Jets crushed this trade. How the hell u don't give it n A+ is ridiculous

I think the only thing that knocks it down is that for 2020, the Jets are not as good of a team as they would have been with Adams.  Had the trade somehow included a player like WR Tyler Lockett that would help the team immediately it might have been a win-win for both now and the future.  As it stands today the Jets clearly got the better of this deal....but it's more like 1 small step back (downgrading the D in 2020) to get 3 steps forward in 2021 and beyond.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I was reading this earlier today and I was annoyed at this:

We've got someone to build around (Darnold) and the guy to build it (Joe D). 

I know we tend to get carried away with faith in people in this organization and then turn on them quickly, but I genuinely do believe in those two. 

But even if you didn't, how can you call this a B+?! We got Jalen Ramsey/Khalil Mack compensation for a Strong Safety!

WTF!

A+ motherf***er.

A+ all day. 

I think Jamal is on the level of those guys in terms of impact. 

There COULD be an infrastructure to build around:

Sam Darnold

Mehki Becton

Quinnen Williams

Foley Fautukasi

Nathan Shepard

Kyle Phillips

Denzel Mims

Ashtyn Davis

Jabari Zuniga

Bryce Hall

LaMichael Perine

Chris Herndon

Connor McGovern

Chuma Edoga 

The rest of the roster is pretty much pending free agents so the Jets need some of these guys play important roles. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Barnwell hates the Jets and has always hated the Jets. He is an absolute hack who emerged from the Bill Simmons blogger cesspool and doesn’t deserve your time or clicks. He is completely worthless as a writer, analyst, humorist, or human. 

But, BBBBBBB++++++++++++!!!!!

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29538280/jamal-adams-trade-grades-seahawks-jets-safety-really-worth-much

Basically says what I feel. It is depressing to lose your best/favorite player, but it was the right thing to do. There just isn’t an infrastructure in place to be successful in the short term with or without Adams.

Even if you are a Jamal fan this is at the very least an A grade 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Barnwell hates the Jets and has always hated the Jets. He is an absolute hack who emerged from the Bill Simmons blogger cesspool and doesn’t deserve your time or clicks. He is completely worthless as a writer, analyst, humorist, or human. 

What’s your issue with Barnwell? He’s an incredibly successful NFL writer & media personality. He owns a lot of credibility and I trust him for a fair and balanced opinion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Being the broken record that I am.

Adams is the most overrated player in the league.

He will be forgotten by game 8 next year with no tangible change in quality of play at SS.

We got phat loot!

The Jets will be using a platoon to replace Adams. Usually it will be one of the safeties, sometimes it’ll be a situational pass rusher or an extra LB. regardless, I agree with you. All of Jamal’s big plays came on Gregg Williams’ calls for him. GW is just gonna call those plays for someone else this year. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think the only thing that knocks it down is that for 2020, the Jets are not as good of a team as they would have been with Adams.  Had the trade somehow included a player like WR Tyler Lockett that would help the team immediately it might have been a win-win for both now and the future.  As it stands today the Jets clearly got the better of this deal....but it's more like 1 small step back (downgrading the D in 2020) to get 3 steps forward in 2021 and beyond.

Disagree, yes Adams is a loss to the D, but Davis, Zunga, and others maybe an improvement.

Adam’s had so many sacks, since we had zero edge rushers. He spent a lot of time in the box. We have C.J Mosley back and Williamson too. Let’s see how it pans out.

• Upvote 2

What was more important for the Jets to improve in 2020? Fixing the Oline & getting all of our injured players back or slightly downgrading our SS spot with a pretty good player in McDougald? 

Bradley was & is a starting NFL safety. We still have Marcus Maye & Ashtyn Davis is a highly rated college safety & an incredible athlete according to every draft publication. 

We're getting back Mosely, Williamson, Herndon, Griffin, Edoga, the Jets made history last year with 18 players placed on IR. 

On paper the Jets Oline is light years better than last year. Sure there are a lot of question marks but at least Sam Darnold will be much more prepared not playing with or recovering from Mono, playing in the same system for the 1st time in his 1st three years. With the TEs healthy, the addition of Frank Gore, Perrine & Lev Bell having a year under his belt instead of coming off an entire year without football, the power running game could also help the Oline & Sam keeping him better protected.

The WR group is much more physical if not super talented. The addition of Perriman, drafting Mims, and Vincynt Smith was coming on at the end of the year & has experience with Darnold. 

I honestly believe the Jets will be much better than expected. Sam performed admirably and was gaining confidence with very little weapons & slightly better blocking in the 2nd half of the year. I guess I'm a glass half full guy based on a 1-7 start & a not giving up 6-2 finish. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Disagree, yes Adams is a loss to the D, but Davis, Zunga, and others maybe an improvement.

Adam’s had so many sacks, since we had zero edge rushers. He spent a lot of time in the box. We have C.J Mosley back and Williamson too. Let’s see how it pans out.

Adams got sacks on really well designed blitz plays by Williams

Our defense is going to be good next season.  Especially if we now sign Ryan or Clowney

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

What’s the cap now, and did we save some with trading the egomaniac?

I doubt we saved much he was on rookie scale which was why he kept b-tching.  But I remember us having $18 mil free before the trade

56 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

The Jets crushed this trade. How the hell u don't give it n A+ is ridiculous

Of course they did. JD was patient and held his ground with his earliest stated terms of 2 first round pics or no deal. Having said that, while on the surface of it I would rate this an A+ deal the NYJ  still need to turn these pics into players that produce wins and thats the hardest part of all this.

• Upvote 2

We've got someone to build around (Darnold) and the guy to build it (Joe D). 

I know we tend to get carried away with faith in people in this organization and then turn on them quickly, but I genuinely do believe in those two. 

But even if you didn't, how can you call this a B+?! We got Jalen Ramsey/Khalil Mack compensation for a Strong Safety!

WTF!

A+ motherf***er.

A+ all day. 

Whom is Darnold thee speaks of ? ?? I've heard of an urban legend named Darnold .. a QB of rare quality ... One that can shoulder a franchise and lead them to the promised land with great fundementals and stamina ... Sadly all mine eyes have witnessed is a bewildered, mechanically unsound, mono stricken boy who hath mentioned bearing witness to spirits of the bygone past.

I say again ...

Whom is this Darnold thee speaks of ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1