Pretty good story about when Geno got rocked

GreenCow

4 hours ago, Warmbrother said:

Yes I have to agree. Geno was breaking man code. That may bother you warfish but I think sir you are in the minority and looking to start drama here.

If it were me, I’d have probably not punched him but I would have surely got in his face. I wouldnt take it. I would hope he hit me first for the green light.

OK Mr. Warfish serious question. You are in line at 711 with your 10 year old daughter. She is singing quietly. The guy behind you says “ yo shut the f up lil girl” 

What would you do?

At the very least youd say something I hope. Then he resonds “man f that singing lil bitcch”

What would you do?

Basically you are in a no win situation now. If you hit him, youre a hypocrite. If you dont swing on him, youre a major league puss. I mean the ultimate puss. Zero respect.

so are you a huge puss or a hypocrite?

I would probably call the covid tipline on the man for violating social distancing 

4 hours ago, Warmbrother said:

Basically you are in a no win situation now. If you hit him, youre a hypocrite. If you dont swing on him, youre a major league puss. I mean the ultimate puss. Zero respect.

This has to be a joke.

So in your mind the respectable thing to do in this situation is to lose your cool, resort to violence, and commit an assault in front of your daughter in a public setting?  This is the life lesson you want to instill in your child over some insulting words from a random stranger?  Shaking my head...

In any case, back to Geno and IK.  This isn't prison.  This is a locker room of a professional sports organization.  Geno certainly seemed to be making some low class, questionable decisions and acting disrespectful, but resorting to violence is almost never the answer in life.  IK committed a crime, ruined his own career, and was kicked off the team immediately, and rightfully so.  There is simply no justification for it.

• Upvote 1

Yes I have to agree. Geno was breaking man code. That may bother you warfish but I think sir you are in the minority and looking to start drama here.
If it were me, I’d have probably not punched him but I would have surely got in his face. I wouldnt take it. I would hope he hit me first for the green light.
OK Mr. Warfish serious question. You are in line at 711 with your 10 year old daughter. She is singing quietly. The guy behind you says “ yo shut the f up lil girl” 
What would you do?
At the very least youd say something I hope. Then he resonds “man f that singing lil bitcch”
What would you do?
so are you a huge puss or a hypocrite?

Holy sh*t this is insane! Your 10 year old daughter expects one thing and one thing only from you-you keep her ******* safe. Getting in fights in front of her only serves to terrify her whether you win or lose. Walking away is a win situation every time, I can’t believe this needs to be explained to a grown human being.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

I never liked Geno, and never thought he'd amount to anything as an NFL QB, to be clear up front.  I'm no Geno apologist.

And yes, he was assuredly a "punk" not paying IK, that's a real ass thing to do in his position.

But I find all the "real man" posts in this thread laughable and disgusting at the same time.  IK should have been arrested for assault and prosecuted.  All the internet-hardman hot air here about "Geno deserved it, well, real men do X when punked" is just that, bs hot air.  Not one of you ever decked a guy at work for not paying you $2.00 (the real world, normal guy Equivalent of $600 to an NFL player).  And if you did, you are a dumb ass who also belongs in a jail cell.

In the real world, when you cold cock a guy and break his jaw, you go to jail for the night at a minimum.  IK was rightfully cut, and should have been arrested ffs.  Just because they play a violent sport does not excuse off-field assault and battery.

Thanks for this. In a civil society you don’t settle a dispute with violence. The fact that so many people here approve breaking someone’s jaw  is disturbing and a reflection of where we are as a country today. 

• Upvote 3

ESPN must give their reporters a quota of embarrassing and humiliating Jets stories they need to meet.

It's the only explanation for the constant piling on they do. 

A lot of it is brought on by the Jets of course, but come on. Who has even thought of this recently, let alone wanted to know everyone's insight on the matter?

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

ESPN can't help itself. It's an addiction. Seriously, someone needs to do an intervention, because if they don't run a negative story about the Jets every hour, they go into withdrawal.

With Douglas firmly entrenched at GM, Darnold at QB, and Adams in Seattle, they have to go to the archives to get their fix.

ESPN is a patriots/Red Sox/Celtics homer station run out of Bristol, CT

and it hurts that the only non-Boston homers on the network are total idiot clowns like Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

ESPN must give their reporters a quota of embarrassing and humiliating Jets stories they need to meet.

It's the only explanation for the constant piling on they do. 

A lot of it is brought on by the Jets of course, but come on. Who has even thought of this recently, let alone wanted to know everyone's insight on the matter?

Get ready for the onslaught of ESPN stories the next 6 months about how smart Belichick is for tanking for Trevor

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnyjet said:

We can go one further ..... Geno sucked, Geno got hit over $600.  He’s a punk.  giants sign him, he starts instead of Eli. Stops the steak....lol.  One awesome punch for us. Effin Geno. LOL

Loses the iPad they gave him with the playbook and never admits to the coaches he lost it despite obviously not knowing any of the plays in practice after several months

Rex went 8-8 with that

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What if you raised your daughter from birth to be a ninja assassin

Now I totally picture Shane raising the feral mongoose from Barry.

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

Thanks for this. In a civil society you don’t settle a dispute with violence. The fact that so many people here approve breaking someone’s jaw  is disturbing and a reflection of where we are as a country today. 

It is true that in civil society you don't settle a dispute with violence.  It is also true that in the NFL violence is almost always the answer.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Now I totally picture Shane raising the feral mongoose from Barry.

It is true that in civil society you don't settle a dispute with violence.  It is also true that in the NFL violence is almost always the answer.  

On the field 

What IK did to Geno was inexcusable.  Doesn’t matter that Geno was not a bright guy would you be ok if Nate Shepherd cold cocked Sam in the locker room over a $300 card game?

3 hours ago, docdhc said:

All right enough of this already.  The hand-wringing in defense of Geno for this particular situation by multiple posters is simply getting embarrassing at this point.  It's not like IK sucker punched him out of the blue.  Geno refused on a bunch of occasions not to give him the money he owed (which was half of what he SHOULD have owed), then goaded IK into doing something about it.  Geno poked the bear and literally got punched in the mouth for it.  Aww, poor Geno!

Was a punch to the jaw excessive?  Probably.  Was it unacceptable for IK to do something about the situation, since Geno wasn't responding to his, to that point, polite attempts?  Absolutely not.

I'm willing to double down on this.  Geno deserved what he got.  I'm not some internet tough guy that believes violence is always the answer.  This is taking the situation for what it was.  At some point, enough is enough.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All right enough of this already.  The hand-wringing in defense of Geno for this particular situation by multiple posters is simply getting embarrassing at this point.  It's not like IK sucker punched him out of the blue.  Geno refused on a bunch of occasions not to give him the money he owed (which was half of what he SHOULD have owed), then goaded IK into doing something about it.  Geno poked the bear and literally got punched in the mouth for it.  Aww, poor Geno!

Was a punch to the jaw excessive?  Probably.  Was it unacceptable for IK to do something about the situation, since Geno wasn't responding to his, to that point, polite attempts?  Absolutely not.

I'm willing to double down on this.  Geno deserved what he got.  I'm not some internet tough guy that believes violence is always the answer.  This is taking the situation for what it was.  At some point, enough is enough.  

I guess you don’t understand assault and battery is illegal no matter how annoyed you are at someone for not paying you. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes Ik is clearly satisfied with his actions and how everything played out based on what he’s saying about it in 2020. The entire point of the article is that there were awful consequences for both guys and the whole thing clearly was not worth it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rex made 2 AFC title games, won 4 road playoff games and beat BB in New England.  I mean, it was definitely time for him to go (we probably held on to him for a couple of years too long) but his accomplishments here can't be denied.

Especially with Sanchez.  That's like Vatican sainthood criteria.

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes Ik is clearly satisfied with his actions and how everything played out based on what he’s saying about it in 2020. The entire point of the article is that there were awful consequences for both guys and the whole thing clearly was not worth it.

Not saying he shouldn't regret it.  Only that people shouldn't be coming to Geno's defense here.  He was clearly in the wrong in every step of the way leading up to the punch.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I guess you don’t understand assault and battery is illegal no matter how annoyed you are at someone for not paying you. 

Where did I demonstrate that I did not understand that?  There are consequences to all actions.  That has nothing to do with whether Geno deserved it or not.  People have gotten punched for a lot less.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not saying he shouldn't regret it.  Only that people shouldn't be coming to Geno's defense here.  He was clearly in the wrong in every step of the way leading up to the punch.

Nobody is defending Geno, they are condoning the violent reaction. That you fail to realize the dichotomy and even worse that you also think he deserved to get hit is sad.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All right enough of this already.  The hand-wringing in defense of Geno for this particular situation by multiple posters is simply getting embarrassing at this point.

I don't see much defense of Geno.  I see alot of condemning IK's behavior as criminal and inexcusable, and rightfully so.

• Upvote 1

Geno in this situation is more of an idiot than a punk.

The real "punks" as people on this board would call them, not only wouldn't pay him, but they wouldn't have even offered/agreed. And I could see why. If you set up an event, and are shelling out money, any losses you take are your responsibility and not anyone else's. A real "punk" would have just told IK "sorry I couldn't make it, but it's not on me to pay you. You're just going to have to take an L here"

But once you agree to give money, now you have to be held to it since you gave your word.

Geno was probably one of those people that thought "we work together, I'll pay him eventually. No rush!" But some people don't play when it comes to money. Then saying "what are you going to do about it?" sealed his fate. Those are fighting words, so whatever happens after is on him ??‍♂️

On 8/11/2020 at 10:31 AM, T0mShane said:

Three things:

1. IK was well within his rights; Geno had it coming. If you utter the words “What are you gonna do about it?” to a real man, you’re going to get smacked. 

2. Brandon Marshall should have a role on Jets pre-game. He’d be great and awful.

3. It’s so weird to see a Jets beat writer actually go out and get quotes from actual Jets personnel for a story these days. If Costello or Hughes wrote this, it’d be a bunch of cut-and-pastes from old write-ups from the time. Cimini using actual, on-the-record sourcing is a lost art. 

Marshall will start yacking as soon as you put a camera in his face.  Most of the rest came from Reilly.  I wonder if Cimini paid him anything.  A 26 year old rookie that parlayed his draft position into a 4 year tour of the special team squads of the AFC East, he was last on the now defunct AAF Salt Lake Stallions.  Thanks Idzik!  overthecap.com shows him as earning a career $1.5M in the league.  Probably happy for a little cash, but IIRC he had a ton of press for a bottom of the roster guy for things like driving for uber and espousing bro-science on the benefits of "six-sided molecules" found in distilled water. 

who's to know which guys will succeed or fail.  football isn't rocket science.  but with geno, if there any doubts before he got slugged there were none after.  pretty stupid to rip off a teammate, especially a guy bigger and one with a short fuse.  good riddance to this clwn.  just another really bad draft pick.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2020 at 11:26 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Geno was a punk for not paying the entire $1,200. When you no-show, that is on you, not the person who laid out the dough. IK should have slapped him instead of punching him. A bitch slap hurts your feelings more than it does damage. 

Nope, other way around. The person that puts up the money always has to take the loss if things go wrong.

If Geno would have told him "I'm not paying you, take that L", I would have respected him more.

But once he offered to reimburse him, now it's on him. He's an idiot for that and his actions from there on justify him getting punched to me. Don't feel sorry for him ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, King P said:

Nope, other way around. The person that puts up the money always has to take the loss if things go wrong.

If Geno would have told him "I'm not paying you, take that L", I would have respected him more.

But once he offered to reimburse him, now it's on him. He's an idiot for that and his actions from there on justify him getting punched to me. Don't feel sorry for him ??‍♂️

So welching is good now? Alright.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So welching is good now? Alright.

Who said welching is good? I said Geno was an idiot for not holding up his end of the bargain after agreeing to pay half to cover the costs.

I'm saying it would have been a different story if he up straight refused to pay because he wasn't obligated to, which is what the poster I replied to was trying to say. That's not welching