WRs

slimjasi

27 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, so, with Perriman "week to week" (probably not playing next week), don't we almost have to bring in another veteran WR? Specifically, one that, you know, can run beyond 5 yards down the field? 

Thoughts? 

is art monk still in game shape ?

they should be playing a two TE offense with what they have now.  Gase is fool

Because of the COVID protocols, you have to sign guys off the street early in the week, and even then they might not be cleared by Sunday.

The better bet would be to raid someone's practice squad for a WR.  

I would have liked to maybe add someone like Antonio Callaway (Dolphins PS), but he got suspended another 4 games and won't be available until Week 7.

Maybe someone like one of these guys (I'm not sure if all of them are still on these Practice Squads, but were as of Sep 7 and couldn't find any news to suggest otherwise):

• Andre Patton (Cardinals)
  • Robert Foster (Bills)
  • Stanley Morgan (Bengals)

Most of the guys on PS's are slot types, not outside guys, so I couldn't find many intriguing names.  

The best bet might be sending a conditional pick to the Jaguars for Dede Westbrook, who has been a healthy scratch the first 2 weeks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Icer said:

Would rather they pull one one of the guys from the PS up and see if he can play. Cager or Jeff Smith if they are finally healthy.

They can't. Can't as in play. They can't play. No one has ever come off our practice squad and played well, for us. Never. Nada. Ever. We need to go out and get someone who can catch. Call up Greg Little.. T. J. Houshmandzadeh.. Leon Washington.. Brad Smith.. Braylon Roided Edwards.. ANYONE that once knew how to play football. I don't care how old and sh*tty they are now. Its better than what we have. Just not the trash thats on our practice squad, because they're not good enough to make our garbage starting squad. 

53 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, so, with Perriman "week to week" (probably not playing next week), don't we almost have to bring in another veteran WR? Specifically, one that, you know, can run beyond 5 yards down the field? 

Thoughts? 

in my POV. signing someone satisfies the itch...  but does it cure it? learning playbook, et cet...

firing Gase is fine by me. but if you do it tonight...who runs the offense? WHAT is the offense? is that BETTER for Sam?

I thnk it would look EVEN UGLIER if Gase goes NOW. (Wait til week 10- give JD 2 mos to scout an OC/HC??)

my GUESS is...

JD/Gase waiting on Mims/Crowda/one UDFA WR or VyncSmith ANNNND  OL to get accustomed to one another...

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Wouldn't DT in the same shape he was in last year be the best outside WR on this team? Even with Perriman healthy?

I mean, it's that bad. 

Maybe.  At this point I’d rather give one of the PS guys a try, at least they might figure into the Jets future.   Running out a 33 year old DT just seems pointless right now.  It’s bad enough we have a 37 year old RB getting 25 touches per game.  

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Maybe.  At this point I’d rather give one of the PS guys a try, at least they might figure into the Jets future.   Running out a 33 year old DT just seems pointless right now.  It’s bad enough we have a 37 year old RB getting 25 touches per game.  

If I thought there was even a snowball's chance in hell that someone on our PS can actually play, I'd be all for it. 

I'm not sure If I can stomach another game of Hogan, Malone, and Berrios. I mean, it's just a joke. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

If I thought there was even a snowball's chance in hell that someone on our PS can actually play, I'd be all for it. 

I'm not sure If I can stomach another game of Hogan, Malone, and Berrios. I mean, it's just a joke. 

Man, are you picky. You don't like when they are getting embarrassed on the field and Hogan's joke self somehow manages to get to the first down mark and he stands up.. points and drops the ball like he is Jesus? 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

in my POV. signing someone satisfies the itch...  but does it cure it? learning playbook, et cet...

firing Gase is fine by me. but if you do it tonight...who runs the offense? WHAT is the offense? is that BETTER for Sam?

I thnk it would look EVEN UGLIER if Gase goes NOW. (Wait til week 10- give JD 2 mos to scout an OC/HC??)

my GUESS is...

JD/Gase waiting on Mims/Crowda/one UDFA WR or VyncSmith ANNNND  OL to get accustomed to one another...

Mims (on IR) won't see the field until we are 0-4, at the very earliest. Smith is dealing with a core muscle injury and was given a timeframe of 5-8 weeks a month ago (take the over). Who knows about Crowder, but I would not be particularly optimistic about him playing next week. 

To me, you have an obligation to bring someone  in at WR. You can't start Hogan and Josh Malone on the outside. I'm sorry. 

• Sympathy 1