Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nixhead

Berrios?

Recommended Posts

Could this little guy be maybe a secret weapon? He seemed to have a decent game last week. He seems to make plays whenever we see him on offense. How about a flea flicker deep to Berrios for a long TD? Take a chance Gase. Open up the field you puxxxxy! Your going 3 and out anyway Gase - might as well try and open up the field with more than 1 long pass attempt early in the game - 1 out of 5 chance we hit one but there's a chance! Maybe a PI call who knows?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's a decent player.  On a team with better WRs on the outside, he'd be a perfectly capable slot.

I recall a lots of folks salivating about him going to NE in the draft and turning out to be their next great slot WR.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good Slot WR backup.  He could be a good WR5 here, but on a talented team I'm not sure he makes the active roster.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Could this little guy be maybe a secret weapon? He seemed to have a decent game last week. He seems to make plays whenever we see him on offense. How about a flea flicker deep to Berrios for a long TD? Take a chance Gase. Open up the field you puxxxxy! Your going 3 and out anyway Gase - might as well try and open up the field with more than 1 long pass attempt early in the game - 1 out of 5 chance we hit one but there's a chance! Maybe a PI call who knows?

Yes, but that risks turnovers which Gase can brag we had none this last game despite scoring little points and getting killed on the scoreboard. Maybe Gase is the NFL reincarnated version of Ray Handley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the jets have any patriot like plays that get the ball to a guy moving across the field fast?  That has been the pats offense in a nutshell for 15 years (other than some TE action) Welker and Edeleman have made a living from it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was decent compared to the rest of the bottom feeders that were trotted out there, but Gase has proven no ability to adapt his gamelan to his personnel, so like Darnold, we will never get a legitimate read on Berrios as long as Gase is in town.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Do the jets have any patriot like plays that get the ball to a guy moving across the field fast?  That has been the pats offense in a nutshell for 15 years (other than some TE action) Welker and Edeleman have made a living from it.

Exactly what I said on gameday. We have blitzes coming from the middle of the field creating holes in the secondary, why the F*CK are we calling screens outside of the hashes? I'm not sure I've seen a single slant or dig route in the last 2 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent player but he won't get 1 on 1 separation on the outside consistently.  He's got more of a chance on those broken plays where it becomes schoolyard football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of my friends who are Jets fans love him and think he needs to be on the field more, then I have other friends who call him a fair catch machine. 

He seems like he could be a decent slot receiver long term for us. But we have Crowder right now. I'd have no problem with Berrios seeing more reps on offense.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has no business playing as much as he is and a healthy Crowder is a better version of him.

He looks useful though. Will a fully healthy offence and someone more creative than a rocking horse calling plays he could be dangerous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Do the jets have any patriot like plays that get the ball to a guy moving across the field fast?  That has been the pats offense in a nutshell for 15 years (other than some TE action) Welker and Edeleman have made a living from it.

Good point.  And it’s the same offense they run now so it’s Qb independent.  I’ve always been amazed at how open the pasties receivers are open when they catch the pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will always be a mystery that Jets fans complain the team has no talent but also fall in love with our JAGs.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Very good Slot WR backup.  He could be a good WR5 here, but on a talented team I'm not sure he makes the active roster.

He at least makes it as a punt returner 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kid was good at Miami. Knows how to get open from the slot, good hands, seems pretty tough too/likes to compete...unlike most of the WR group. Reliable punt returner....good guy to have on the team and I think can eventually start at the slot.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Could this little guy be maybe a secret weapon?

In order to have secret weapons you need to have weapons first. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i get that crowder is our "slot" guy but you're telling me berrios wasn't able to start at any WR position even before all the injuries?  didn't the patriots have like 32 "slot" guys during their reign of terror?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heymangold said:

i get that crowder is our "slot" guy but you're telling me berrios wasn't able to start at any WR position even before all the injuries?  didn't the patriots have like 32 "slot" guys during their reign of terror?

Yeah that's on Gase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

It will always be a mystery that Jets fans complain the team has no talent but also fall in love with our JAGs.

Yeah, a real mystery.  Sports fans never root for the scrappy overachiever.  I've personally never seen it in any other fan base than the Jets. Ever.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Could this little guy be maybe a secret weapon? 

Doubt it.  If I were his agent, I'd be on the phone with the makers of "Flutie Flakes", pitching them the idea of "Berrios".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, he's shown he can play and be a contributor at this level. That in itself is high praise with this roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah, a real mystery.  Sports fans never root for the scrappy overachiever.  I've personally never seen it in any other fan base than the Jets. Ever.

Ah yes but we also malign our stars while adulating the JAGS.

C-Mart, Keyshawn, Revis, even Namath have all be the targets of Jet fans' ire.

While Chrebet is basically a god in green. I love Chrebet don't get me wrong. But the trend is befuddling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Doubt it.  If I were his agent, I'd be on the phone with the makers of "Flutie Flakes", pitching them the idea of "Berrios".

Berry-Ohs

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Decent player but he won't get 1 on 1 separation on the outside consistently.  He's got more of a chance on those broken plays where it becomes schoolyard football.

Berrios’s game is making plays on crossing routes.  He’s not a burner he’s a route runner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

Ah yes but we also malign our stars while adulating the JAGS.

C-Mart, Keyshawn, Revis, even Namath have all be the targets of Jet fans' ire.

While Chrebet is basically a god in green. I love Chrebet don't get me wrong. But the trend is befuddling.

Chrebet is a great story.  Played at Hofstra, was undersized and not extremely athletic.  NFLN did a top 10 of greatest undrafted players of all time he’s ranked 10th

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, heymangold said:

i get that crowder is our "slot" guy but you're telling me berrios wasn't able to start at any WR position even before all the injuries?  didn't the patriots have like 32 "slot" guys during their reign of terror?

Berrios is strictly a slot guy.  He’s not big or fast enough to line up outside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a good #4 or #5 receiver and that's the problem right now is that he's being forced to be a #1 or #2 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Berrios is strictly a slot guy.  He’s not big or fast enough to line up outside

So he is useless?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Chrebet is a great story.  Played at Hofstra, was undersized and not extremely athletic.  NFLN did a top 10 of greatest undrafted players of all time he’s ranked 10th

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFuEpMzClZk

Didn't realize Wayne was an earring guy.

image.thumb.png.961dbb04e0288980fb74f40568c84d3a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Doubt it.  If I were his agent, I'd be on the phone with the makers of "Flutie Flakes", pitching them the idea of "Berrios".

12 minutes ago, jetswin said:

He reminds me of Chrebet without the opportunities

Chrebet even got the cereal...

153572294_ChrebetCrunch.JPG.f4eca3419883c8c90b4d027bd6392789.JPG

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He has indestructible hamstrings, which is incredibly value to this team right now.  

 

010B931E-8E0C-4545-8715-D069058C8711.png

If he hurt his hammy, it wouldn't qualify as a "soft tissue injury".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If he hurt his hammy, it wouldn't qualify as a "soft tissue injury".

His femur bone would snap before his hamstring does.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Chrebet is a great story.  Played at Hofstra, was undersized and not extremely athletic.  NFLN did a top 10 of greatest undrafted players of all time he’s ranked 10th

And I love him. Know who else I love? Our HOF'ers like Curtis "Nuthin' But a Compiler!" Martin and Mevi$$$$. Also love Gastineau. Guy was a dominant beast for us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Told ya this guy could play. Would of had him on one of my fantasy teams but thought he was injured. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...