Berrios?

Nixhead

Could this little guy be maybe a secret weapon? He seemed to have a decent game last week. He seems to make plays whenever we see him on offense. How about a flea flicker deep to Berrios for a long TD? Take a chance Gase. Open up the field you puxxxxy! Your going 3 and out anyway Gase - might as well try and open up the field with more than 1 long pass attempt early in the game - 1 out of 5 chance we hit one but there's a chance! Maybe a PI call who knows?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Could this little guy be maybe a secret weapon? He seemed to have a decent game last week. He seems to make plays whenever we see him on offense. How about a flea flicker deep to Berrios for a long TD? Take a chance Gase. Open up the field you puxxxxy! Your going 3 and out anyway Gase - might as well try and open up the field with more than 1 long pass attempt early in the game - 1 out of 5 chance we hit one but there's a chance! Maybe a PI call who knows?

Yes, but that risks turnovers which Gase can brag we had none this last game despite scoring little points and getting killed on the scoreboard. Maybe Gase is the NFL reincarnated version of Ray Handley.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Do the jets have any patriot like plays that get the ball to a guy moving across the field fast?  That has been the pats offense in a nutshell for 15 years (other than some TE action) Welker and Edeleman have made a living from it.

Exactly what I said on gameday. We have blitzes coming from the middle of the field creating holes in the secondary, why the F*CK are we calling screens outside of the hashes? I'm not sure I've seen a single slant or dig route in the last 2 weeks. 

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Do the jets have any patriot like plays that get the ball to a guy moving across the field fast?  That has been the pats offense in a nutshell for 15 years (other than some TE action) Welker and Edeleman have made a living from it.

Good point.  And it’s the same offense they run now so it’s Qb independent.  I’ve always been amazed at how open the pasties receivers are open when they catch the pass.

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah, a real mystery.  Sports fans never root for the scrappy overachiever.  I've personally never seen it in any other fan base than the Jets. Ever.

Ah yes but we also malign our stars while adulating the JAGS.

C-Mart, Keyshawn, Revis, even Namath have all be the targets of Jet fans' ire.

While Chrebet is basically a god in green. I love Chrebet don't get me wrong. But the trend is befuddling.

10 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Decent player but he won't get 1 on 1 separation on the outside consistently.  He's got more of a chance on those broken plays where it becomes schoolyard football.

Berrios’s game is making plays on crossing routes.  He’s not a burner he’s a route runner

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Ah yes but we also malign our stars while adulating the JAGS.

C-Mart, Keyshawn, Revis, even Namath have all be the targets of Jet fans' ire.

While Chrebet is basically a god in green. I love Chrebet don't get me wrong. But the trend is befuddling.

Chrebet is a great story.  Played at Hofstra, was undersized and not extremely athletic.  NFLN did a top 10 of greatest undrafted players of all time he’s ranked 10th

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

i get that crowder is our "slot" guy but you're telling me berrios wasn't able to start at any WR position even before all the injuries?  didn't the patriots have like 32 "slot" guys during their reign of terror?

Berrios is strictly a slot guy.  He’s not big or fast enough to line up outside

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Chrebet is a great story.  Played at Hofstra, was undersized and not extremely athletic.  NFLN did a top 10 of greatest undrafted players of all time he’s ranked 10th

And I love him. Know who else I love? Our HOF'ers like Curtis "Nuthin' But a Compiler!" Martin and Mevi$$$$. Also love Gastineau. Guy was a dominant beast for us.