Allbright: Keep an eye on Greg Roman?

Just now, jgb said:

Roman #1 if we get Fields for sure. Basically has to happen in that scenario.

Or Trey Lance

Lance, to me, is a good fit here because he needs time to sit and that way we dont have to completely throw in the towel with sam.  Lance is young and inexperienced enough that he won't put a ton of pressure on the organization to play him week 1 or even week 5.  

We can try to actually develop a QB for once, while also ensuring that Sam can or can't get it done and then either have 2 QBs in 2022 or start Lance with a coach who is perfect for him on opening day 2022.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Or Trey Lance

Lance, to me, is a good fit here because he needs time to sit and that way we dont have to completely throw in the towel with sam.  Lance is young and inexperienced enough that he won't put a ton of pressure on the organization to play him week 1 or even week 5.  

We can try to actually develop a QB for once, while also ensuring that Sam can or can't get it done and then either have 2 QBs in 2022 or start Lance with a coach who is perfect for him on opening day 2022.

Gotta be honest living in Europe don't watch a lot of college ball. How do you rate Lawrence/Fields/Lance? Are all worthy of top 3 picks, in your opinion?

53 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

He developed a brand new offensive system that was predicated around the strengths of their quarterback.

While some fans while say “but he likes to run a lot.” So do the 49ers. There are dynamic running systems out there. We as just Jets fans just aren’t used to that anymore. 

Imagine that. Building around your QB instead of making him run your boring and predictable system.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

On one hand, I think Sam will be good with real coaching and talent...on the other hand...passing on Trevor would make me sick to my stomach.

I’d rather start fresh with another talented QB, coming in with confidence and not have to basically rebuild Sam from the ground up after being destroyed by Gase. 

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, BCJet said:

He should be high on anyone's list who takes a look at his career.  The below link is pretty good but in a nutshell this guy has worked his way up since taking a job at a HS so he could get play calling experience.

He called plays for a 12-1 Stanford team and then excelled at multiple NFL stops where MOST IMPORTANTLY, he tailored his offense to fit his team.

After watching Gase think that he can draw up a play on Tuesday and simply have it work on Sunday regardless of his personnel or opponent I dont ever want to hear about a coaches system every again. Good coaches adapt to their personnel, lead the players and for offensive coaches they attack their opponents weakness each week and then adapt as the opponents defense adapts.  Josh McDaniels hasn't called a running play for his QB in 10 years and yet somehow can design a new offense for Cam without an offseason.  

Roman seems like he also has enough respect given his longevity in the league to get a good DC to come with him.  Is definitely a top 5 guy.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-greg-roman

I think he should hire Gaze as his defensive coordinator.  If anyone can stop a good offense, it's Gaze!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Also said this regarding Bieniemy:

25 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Yeah he commented on other tweets about it too. Basically saying it’s a huge mistake to go for Bienemy. 

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Asked him about the QB situation...this is one spicy meatball.

Wait...am I Benjamin Allbright? I’ve said the same things on here the past few days about Bieniemy and Darnold, and agree about about Roman.

@Mogglez Since you have a rapport with him, do you mind asking him his thoughts on Arthur Smith? The article from JetsX was pretty convincing to me.