Leonard Williams

AFJF

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

He's also getting paid $20 million this year for his 3 sacks on a 1-5 team.  What's your point

The last thing jets fans should be worried about right now is “overpaying.” Acquiring/retaining some players worthy of being overpaid is a bigger priority. We used the number 3 overall pick to replace him with exactly the same player  when we have 20 other needs.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

The last thing jets fans should be worried about right now is “overpaying.” Acquiring/retaining some players worthy of being overpaid is a bigger priority. We used the number 3 overall pick to replace him with exactly the same player  when we have 20 other needs.

We basically used 3 first round picks to replace Muhammad Wilkerson and none of them were as good as he was pre contract extension. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

His final 3 sacks as a Jet took place over a stretch of 19 games.

Today he got his 3rd sack in 6 games this season.

But he went from one shi theel team to another and we unloaded him so . . . The Jets can't get arrested and the Giants suck so hard they're not even up for a good citizen award, so kinda even? 

Sacks don’t necessarily mean much by themselves.  Baby Huey got a half sack today, and he had been pushed behind the line of scrimmage and got a freebie on what was essentially a coverage sack.

PFF has Leonard at a 68 grade for the year, which is under his career average.  He’s consistently a good but not great player that seems to have motivation issues.

3 minutes ago, Hael said:

Sacks don’t necessarily mean much by themselves.  Baby Huey got a half sack today, and he had been pushed behind the line of scrimmage and got a freebie on what was essentially a coverage sack.

PFF has Leonard at a 68 grade for the year, which is under his career average.  He’s consistently a good but not great player that seems to have motivation issues.

We have been the poster child for drafting fat, lazy, defensive lineman.  I'll go back to Coples but really when was the last time we drafted a stud defensive player that played 3 good years for us?   Revis?     How sad.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

We have been the poster child for drafting fat, lazy, defensive lineman.  I'll go back to Coples but really when was the last time we drafted a stud defensive player that played 3 good years for us?   Revis?     How sad.  

Revis and Harris unfortunately 

Really need some drafts like in 06/07

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

So, we should have signed Leonard Williams?

Hey everyone, how about that John Riggins trade?  What were the Jets thinking?

Add this to the long list of things you're replying to that were never said.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

What was your point again?

My point is that I was bored and wondered how long it would take you to misrepresent something I posted.  Took about as long as expected.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

My point is that I was bored and wondered how long it would take you to misrepresent something I posted.  Took about as long as expected.

So, wasting board space was your goal. Great. Put me on ignore. This is akin to your neg rep battle with CrazyCarl, which left you to a self serving hiatus.

Excuse me as I thought you may have a point. It seemed to be that Maybe LW was salvageable? Is that it? 

20 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

So, wasting board space was your goal. Great. Put me on ignore. This is akin to your neg rep battle with CrazyCarl, which left you to a self serving hiatus.

Excuse me as I thought you may have a point. It seemed to be that Maybe LW was salvageable? Is that it? 

Seems to me that you should be the one putting him on Ignore.  I think you are reading too much into this thread.

And I don't like when people tell others to not start threads. If there is ever a problem with a thread, the moderators get involved and talk to the person. That certainly isn't the case here. This thread is fine.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Seems to me that you should be the one putting him on Ignore.  I think you are reading too much into this thread.

And I don't like when people tell others to not start threads. If there is ever a problem with a thread, the moderators get involved and talk to the person. That certainly isn't the case here. This thread is fine.

Fine. I am just trying to understand the point. 

7 hours ago, jgb said:

The last thing jets fans should be worried about right now is “overpaying.”

Overpaying is a sign of a poor GM.

Gettleman is a poor GM.

I don't want Douglas to overspend, because that's a big reason we got in this mess in the first place.  It only leads to acquiring a bunch of mercenaries who mail it in the moment they get paid.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gettleman is a poor GM.

I don't want Douglas to overspend, because that's a big reason we got in this mess in the first place.  It only leads to acquiring a bunch of mercenaries who mail it in the moment they get paid.

@wilkerson96 I think he is talking about you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gettleman is a poor GM.

Jets fans have a severe misapprehension of what “overpaying” is. At first was the insane prognostication that Robbie would “demand $15m per” and when that didn’t come to pass, the narrative switched and other excuses flowed like water barreling through a slot canyon after rain.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets fans have a severe misapprehension of what “overpaying” is. At first was the insane prognostication that Robbie would “demand $15m per” and when that didn’t come to pass, the narrative switched and other excuses flowed like water barreling through a slot canyon after rain.

For the production he would have put up here with Gase and Darnold, he would have been considered overpaid.  It would have looked very similar to his 2019 productivity.   

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For the production he would have put up here with Gase and Darnold, he would have been considered overpaid.  It would have looked very similar to his 2019 productivity.   

Hell Jets are getting a great deal—paying garbage and getting garbage worth! Yay to not overspending! ? 

Woody is so grateful you value his wallet over having a competitive—or even entertaining team.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hell Jets are getting a great deal—paying garbage and getting garbage worth! Yay to not overspending! ? 

Woody is so grateful you value his wallet over having a competitive—or even entertaining team.

Paying Robby Anderson would not have made the 2020 Jets a competitive or entertaining team.

0-16 >>>> overpaying your way to 4-12.

• Upvote 1