Will You Ditch The Jets If Gase Is Retained ???

THE BARON

4 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

I live about 20 minutes south of Chapel Hill.... I just retired on Sept 30th 2020 from my job. Spent the last 5 years here because the wife got a promotion from her job up north, and I asked my company if I could work remotely even before Covid was the norm. That is until my company started offering early retirement packages. I only had 2 more years to reach 25 years with the company @ 65 yo, so I decided to take the package instead. 

Congrats on your retirement. NC is a great place to retire. That's my plan, as well.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, THE BARON said:

If Gase is still the coach in 2021, will you protest by ditching the Jets ???? Perhaps stop watching games, refuse to buy any tickets and or merchandise ??? Even go so far as to drop season tickets ???

I have already done all the above.  However, there is no way I am going to drop the Jets because of one coach.  I lived through the idiot Rex and I will live through this too.

• Sympathy 1

I could never ditch this team, but I sure as hell could care less.

From the minute that the Gase hire was announced, I think I’ve pieced together a total of 5 full games watched on TV plus the one game I went to last year. If Gase is retained, I’ll watch even less next year.

I’ve made my stances very clear over the years here. I believe the right HC is more important to a team than any singular player outside of historically elite QBs like Peyton or Elway or Rodgers. I don’t believe TLaw is good enough to be in that discussion in the first place, but I still believe he’s a great prospect who can become a top 10 QB in the right circumstances. So it’ll be a shame watching him waste away under Gase the way Darnold wasted away.

So until Gase is gone, I’ll probably continue to use my Sundays for productive outdoor bonding with my two kids under two and keep up with the Jets through group chats and checking on my FF teams.

5 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I have already done all the above.  However, there is no way I am going to drop the Jets because of one coach.  I lived through the idiot Rex and I will live through this too.

“Lived through” back to back AFCCG appearances.

Meanwhile, Gase has more blowout losses than wins by a large stretch, and is vying for an 0-16 campaign.

5 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Thanks bud... When my wife retires, I hope to get closer to the water and another boat, but for now this will do lol...

I highly recommend Topsail Island. Much lower key (and cheaper) than OBX. Also, they have an excellent golf course right off the island (North Shore). They've had some (minor) PGA events there over the years. It's legit with some holes of stunning ocean views.

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I won't attend a game where I have to purchase tickets and I will not buy any merchandise. 

I could never stop watching or supporting my team. 

This is it to perfection. I will keep my seats for my sons and grandchildren, but I won't be attending until this buffoon is gone. Will never stop rooting for them.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I highly recommend Topsail Island. Much lower key (and cheaper) than OBX. Also, they have an excellent golf course right off the island (North Shore). They've had some (minor) PGA events there over the years. It's legit with some holes of stunning ocean views.

As all married people know it's up to the wife where we end up. That and if our son has children. Then the wife must decide if we want to be in driving distance or somewhere that has a somewhat major airport. For now I've been looking at areas from Jacksonville, FL up to Little River, SC, and lastly if I have to go back north, the west side of Delaware so that I can boat the Chesapeake Bay. While I like NC:  as of now SC, GA, FL and DE all have better tax benefits for retiree's, than NC.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Meanwhile, Gase has more blowout losses than wins by a large stretch, and is vying for an 0-16 campaign.

Funny thats the line drawn, surviving back to back AFCCG appearances vs 7-21 on the way to 7-25

What a test of loyalty, lol

30 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I lived through two other AFL/AFC championship appearance losses too and I bet you cannot even name those Head Coaches.

Edited by GKnight83
spelled too wrong

After two decades of seeing who the Johnsons are I can’t blame anyone for leaving the team. We’re also looking at the biggest period of internal migration in this country’s history with the biggest hit area being NY. Be curious how that may impact the core fan base over the next 10 years.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

After two decades of seeing who the Johnsons are I can’t blame anyone for leaving the team. We’re also looking at the biggest period of internal migration in this country’s history with the biggest hit area being NY. Be curious how that may impact the core fan base over the next 10 years.

In 10 years the core fan base will be dead or eating wheetena out of a straw.  

• Haha 1

Gase is an absolute disaster. Trevor Lawrence should let the Jets know that he will not play for Gase! That should be enough to get him out of the door.

Love the Jets and hoping they get it right some day.  We need leaders of men - like Parcells, not coaches like Bowles and Gase, who cant get out of their own way. Joe Douglas is good and now he needs to hire a tough coach. I like the Tenessee Offensive Coordinator, Arthur Smith.  He is hard nosed, college offensive lineman and has coached defense and offense and plays to the strengths of his personnel. Heck, he could revive Sam!

13 hours ago, THE BARON said:

If Gase is still the coach in 2021, will you protest by ditching the Jets ???? Perhaps stop watching games, refuse to buy any tickets and or merchandise ??? Even go so far as to drop season tickets ???

I don't know.  I feel like that might break me as a fan, honestly.  But so much time invested, who knows.

A combo of Gase back (and losing, and mismanaging, etc). and a rising Washington Team with a cool new name and logo and maybe even colors....and maybe an end to COVID so I could go to a local game?  Maybe if all that came to pass, I might wind up moving on.

But I doubt it.  We'll see.  Gase being back would be bad IMO.

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

In 10 years the core fan base will be dead or eating wheetena out of a straw.  

I worry about this as well. We also have a ton of anecdotes on here from fans who mercifully avoided ingraining their children to be Jets fans. We are dying off faster than we are being replaced. In fact, someone did a study on this in 2019.

Jets have the fan base with the 7th least number of millennials -- which is compounded by the fact that we're a NY team and young people tend to gravitate to the city. This hypothesis is strengthened by the fact that the Giants are the 2nd youngest fan base -- younger fans in NY seem to be choosing the Giants in overwhelming numbers.

The article says this about the disparity between age of Jets/Giants fan bases:

The Jets have been mired in mediocrity for so long, whereas the Giants have mostly been a very good to above-average team (until very recently) for the entire millennial lifespan. It’s not a surprise that fans growing up in the New York metro region would gravitate to the more successful franchise. Our data definitely reflects that. Do Millennials even know who Broadway Joe Namath is?

The only teams with "older" fan bases are:

-2 of the Florida teams (Miami/Bucs) which is likely largerly geographically-driven

-3 of the Pacific Northwest Teams (49ers/Raiders (when study done)/SEA) where football and sports is in general less popular than other parts of the country

-The 'Skins. No explanation there except they also suck. Maybe younger fans are turned off by the name, I don't know.

Draw what conclusions you will, but interesting (sorry for small image, board restrictions but it's in the link).

image.thumb.png.1d3dd679bbe5486652b93aa6e014cd0f.png

image.thumb.png.98733b08ffc95f4374430821910b993b.png

https://www.statsocial.com/insights/big-data-the-nfls-millennial-fan-base/#:~:text=The Redskins have the league's,base%2C the Steelers the youngest.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

SAR would’ve mocked the colonists’ fashion choices during the American Revolution. 

This is a revolution, all right, but it's not the one you want.

The Jets, for the first time in their history, are ignoring the SOJF's and are staying the course to rebuild this thing the right way.  The days of dumb Mets fans crying and Eeyoring and getting their way are over.  That's more important than getting Trevor Lawrence.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, AL047 said:

If the Johnson's decide to keep Adam Gase as head coach, then the stadium will be empty again but not because of the pandemic.

Yes it will.

The Jets are not going to force their season ticket holders to potentially put themselves in harm's way next year even if the NJ state restrictions are lifted.  2021 is going to be another season where season ticket and PSL owners don't need to spend any money, can take another year off, and not lose the rights to our seats in 2022.

The Johnson's are doing the right thing, they're finally ignoring the whiny, ignorant, spoiled, entitled fans as they rebuild this thing.  Especially since their most important fans are going to be able to get through two very difficult rebuilding years without spending a dime.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

If Gase is not fired, that would constitute a new low for me as a Jet fan.  I can't root for another team.  I would try to avoid reading anything about the Jets.  I would drop off this board.  I would continue to enjoy the NFL by watching RedZone.  It would sicken me if they entrusted a QB like Trevor Lawrence to Gase.  It would sicken me to see them waste another season.  My hatred for the Johnsons would be very difficult to bear.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

That is weird honestly. Think that age group be more creative. 

They're ignorant enough to think that Adam Gase is the problem so it's no surprise they'd use a 1950's children's TV personality as the avatar of their hatespeak.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

32 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I lived through two other AFL/AFC championship appearance losses too and I bet you cannot even name those Head Coaches.

I mean, I could easily do a google search to find that and post it as if to prove you wrong, but why play this little game? What’s the point of this? To prove that you’re an older guy and I’m a younger guy?

My post was just to point out the blatantly disparate comparison of “living through” Rex and Gase. 

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets, for the first time in their history, are ignoring the SOJF's and are staying the course to rebuild this thing the right way.  The days of dumb Mets fans crying and Eeyoring and getting their way are over.  That's more important than getting Trevor Lawrence.

SAR I

If Jets listened to SOJF's we'd be much better off. The Johnsons are league-worst in failing quickly. I suspect this is because the Johnsons don't want to pay for multiple failures to be on the books at the same time. Where the Giants and even the Browns kick the dog out of the yard as soon as they know it's a bad dog.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're on the list.

SAR I

Oh, no. Not the list.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Will this still be true if they fire Gase on Black Monday?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Will this still be true if they fire Gase on Black Monday?

Of course not. It will be the best decision ever and obviously the only conclusion after getting together after the season,  calmly and deliberately assessing the current situation and trajectory, and solemnly reaching the only conclusion that our illustrious leaders could responsibly come to. 

You know...16 hours after the last game. 

I would want to drop this team the instant the season ends and Gase is still the coach. But in all honesty, I dont know that I would be able to follow through with this. I fear I am forever tied to this miserable fan existence. I do know one thing for sure though, I will never spend a penny on a ticket or piece of merchandise and more than likely wouldn't watch a minute of their games next season. 

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They're ignorant enough to think that Adam Gase is the problem so it's no surprise they'd use a 1950's children's TV personality as the avatar of their hatespeak.  

SAR I

Management is either listening to whiny Jets fans or brilliantly managed by ownership committed to winning.  Seems like you're having a personal circle jerk.  I'm going to suggest another possibility.  Jets fans are whinny, ownership is incompetent.  

While the characterization of the Whinny Jets fan and the Management suck-ups are equally unattractive, when you throw out the characterizations what you are left with is results.  The results point toward management.  Whiny Jets fans aren't responsible for the team that's on the field.  In fact their whining is a result of the team that's on the field.  

• Upvote 1

I'll always be a fan of the Jets. I'm a New Yorker and I'm New York tough. I love the Jets, Mets, Knicks, and all of my fellow fans I enjoy commiserating with during the lean years. Not everyone is wired to stick around when a franchise is just an absolute dumpster fire, and there is nothing wrong with that. When the Jets start winning, the front runner fans will come back. They always do. The Jets will even gain fans from afar in other states who love to be a fan of a successful team. It's not rocket science, you win on the field, and the fans will come in droves.