When did you know Joe Douglas was incapable of scouting kickers?

jetstream23

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

When you pickup sh*t kickers off the street this is what happens. 

Meanwhile Jason Meyers,Nick Folk and Mike Nugent are doing pretty decent in the NFL on other teams. 

Um, but they also picked up those kickers from the street pretty much, and their careers bounced back with the jets. Except Nugent of course

19 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

It's not all Joe Douglas' fault? It was right about May of last season Mac got fired. Mac is the idiot that had only one kicker on the roster going into training camp. 

It’s been two years. How long does it take to find a guy who can kick a football between two yellow poles from 30 yards away?

It's hilarious, all these people know how to do is complain constantly. They condone tanking but complain about a kicker missing kicks. Then they bash the GM. If the kicker makes a record fg to win a game they'd be complaining that the GM had this kicker playing. Unbelievable

This thread is funny.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, GaryM said:

It's hilarious, all these people know how to do is complain constantly. They condone tanking but complain about a kicker missing kicks. Then they bash the GM. If the kicker makes a record fg to win a game they'd be complaining that the GM had this kicker playing. Unbelievable

Complain constantly? I haven’t complained after any of our wins this year. And, I don’t even complain when kickers miss 2 field goals in a game. I hold threads like this for when we look worse than that.  

But yeah, the kicking issue is brand new with this team.  It’s a sudden surprise to everyone so let’s give the GM a pass because this is only a recent problem. Sheesh. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 7:18 PM, GaryM said:

Thank God for this board otherwise they would have to pay someone to listen to their crap..:soapbox:

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Who’s the best kicker in the draft?  Use one of our 47 6th round picks on him.

Completely astute comment.  Load up on a kicker, a ton of O linemen, receivers, TEs, anything JD can think of.  Then hope some of them stick.  But no.  He'll draft 37 safeties and other assorted clods.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Chase McLaughlin will be kicking tomorrow?  Seriously?

Does JD know that we no longer need to tank?

#ItJustDoesn'tMatter

McLaughlin's career made percentage is actually significantly better than Ficken's.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Who’s the best kicker in the draft?  Use one of our 47 6th round picks on him.

There don't seem to be too many draft worthy K's this year based on a few scouting services.  Maybe Nordin from Michigan (kicks outside in bad weather which is good) or McPherson from Florida but he flopped towards the end of the year.  But you're right, a 6th would be the spot to grab one.