Interesting Trade Down Possibilities

KRL

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We can't risk losing our QB by trading down.  Gotta take your guy at 2.

Yup , our QB won’t make it to 5. Dolphins will auction off 3 if Cincy jumps up to 2 for the tackle . If they love one of the QBs just grab him at 2. Don’t get cute . 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I think they would just draft Slater at #6 idk if they’d give up all of those picks. Slater is pretty highly touted as well 

I feel like tackle isn’t even a need for this team. Fant was decent and Becton played great. Only argument is Sewell is truly elite so I’d get it (still prefer QB) but if we trade to 6 I’m taking a weapon . WR or Pitts 

• Upvote 1

The QBs always rise as the draft gets closer, but even without that Sewell is sure fire trade bait. There will be a bidding war for that pick. For the Jets, it's gonna come down to whether they love one of the QBs enough to not take what's being thrown at them. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We can't risk losing our QB by trading down.  Gotta take your guy at 2.

Exactly. Also why would a rebuilding team (CINN) trade a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to move from 5 TO 2? 

Wouldn't it make more sense to take BPA at 5; use all that other draft capital to improve the OLine? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

I feel like tackle isn’t even a need for this team. Fant was decent and Becton played great. Only argument is Sewell is truly elite so I’d get it (still prefer QB) but if we trade to 6 I’m taking a weapon . WR or Pitts 

I agree I wouldn’t take a RT at #2. I would take a QB 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

The QBs always rise as the draft gets closer, but even without that Sewell is sure fire trade bait. There will be a bidding war for that pick. For the Jets, it's gonna come down to whether they love one of the QBs enough to not take what's being thrown at them. 

True and I’m ok with the jets not going qb in the top 5.  I just don’t want to see darnold anymore.  I’d rather watch someone like Stafford for a year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Yup , our QB won’t make it to 5. Dolphins will auction off 3 if Cincy jumps up to 2 for the tackle . If they love one of the QBs just grab him at 2. Don’t get cute . 

Jets are in a no win situation. If they trade back they risk losing the QB they might have covet. If they take a QB at 2 they will be accused of reaching after losing out on TL. Such is life being a Jets fan.

• Upvote 1

At this point I think the best idea is to either take Sewell or trade down for more draft capital.  Roll with Sam one more year  And if that doesn’t work they at least have a much better team for the next QB.  Honestly none of these QBs I would take at 2. I mean if we moved down a bit and took Wilson I would be fine with that because at least we would have added more assets to build around him along with whatever we get from a Darnold  trade 

• Post of the Week 1

I have my doubts we’ll be able to trade down.
Nobody is trading for Sewell when you have a guy like Slater right there to take as well. and if there’s a QB worth trading up to 2 for, then we should be selecting him ourselves. 

Unless you can somehow maneuver down one or two spots, I think it’s gonna be pretty difficult. 

25 minutes ago, KRL said:

Douglas is going to have a ton of offers to sift through.
Here's the current draft order:

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Based on the rumors I've seen CIN wants Sewell desperately
so they should be calling to jump MIA.  Also CAR wants
a QB so they could call to jump ATL  

This is good and I really really believe there is no way the Jets take Sewell at 2. For a few reasons.

1. They have a LT

2. They can bring Fant back to play RT next year, upgrade both Guard spots (free agency, draft) and the line is in good shape

3. Douglas likes to trade down and the value here will be immense, trade down and you can get two starters instead of one

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I have my doubts we’ll be able to trade down.
Nobody is trading for Sewell when you have a guy like Slater right there to take as well. and if there’s a QB worth trading up to 2 for, then we should be selecting him ourselves. 

Unless you can somehow maneuver down one or two spots, I think it’s gonna be pretty difficult. 

I think they will be able to, but the question is, will they take less than the chart value if that’s the offer?  And how much do they end up liking the qbs so that they’re either smitten with one and take him at 2 or are indifferent and are willing to trade back and whomever falls to them they take?

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

True and I’m ok with the jets not going qb in the top 5.  I just don’t want to see darnold anymore.  I’d rather watch someone like Stafford for a year.

What they do with Darnold will be mostly up to the new head coach, I'll wish him well whichever way it goes. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

As of now i expect douglas to auction off the pick and to stay in the top 5.  

Agreed..  and we may be looking at final draft order of the top 5 as Bengals play the Ravens, ATL plays Tampa, and Houston plays Titans next week.

Carolinas win kind of hurts as it seemingly eliminates a potential trade partner.  They'd have to give up the motherload to move from 9 to 2.  Their first 2nd, 3rd this year, next years 1st and 3rd, 2023 1st..  something outrageous like that.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Agreed..  and we may be looking at final top 5 as Bengals play the Ravens, ATL plays Tampa, and Houston plays Titans next week.

Carolinas win kind of hurts as it seemingly eliminates a potential trade partner.  They'd have to give up the motherload to move from 9 to 2.  Their first 2nd, 3rd this year, next years 1st and 3rd, 2023 1st..  something outrageous like that.

I think atlanta is a very logical trading partner and i can see them trading up for fields.  

19 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

We can’t even get the ball to the guys we have now! You could have weapons all over the place but you need a good offensive scheme & an Oline that you don’t here the announcer say SACKED like we heard all day along with Darnold scrambles being chased out of the pocket. At least Darnold has a feeling for when to run like hell, put a rookie back there & see what happens. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I think atlanta is a very logical trading partner and i can see them trading up for fields.  

I won't pretend to know a lot about the top 5 college QB's but everything I've read seems to make it sound like there's TL, then a case can be made for any of Fields, Wilson, Lance.

With that being the case ATL can just sit and wait...  unless Fields knocks the combine out of the park in which case maybe ATL worries that Carolina may go all in or the Lions move on from Stafford.

Not getting TL hurts but the next couple months are going to be pretty interesting and this will be the most exciting draft, one way or another, in a while.

Absolute worst outcome is you draft a guy being called the best lineman to come out since Joe Thomas..  ok..  cool.

17 minutes ago, slats said:

What they do with Darnold will be mostly up to the new head coach, I'll wish him well whichever way it goes. 

If a potential HC says during an interview that they want to move on from Darnold I doubt they get a 2nd interview.

That's a JD decision.

You want a HC to come in and say he has no doubt he can get Sam back on track if the decision is made to keep him.

• WTF? 1