Christopher Johnson Press Conf: MERGED

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Yup.  I have been a big JD supporter, and I still am.  But if Sam is starting next year, he loses me.

Only if he doesn't do well in this upcoming draft to build the team. I can handle 1 more year of Sam if it means, we've hit on most all his picks in 2021. I know I don't know if he likes any of the QB's coming out this year, or if he might have one targeted for next year. It's all speculation at this point.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Does Sam realize that this is his fault? If Sam played at the average level of an NFL QB, Gase would still be employed. So, rather than feel sorry for Gase and his family now, maybe Sam should have worked harder to keep Gase employed while he had the opportunity.

Sam is a nice kid who says all the right things, but when the rubber meets the road, he "likes" to win but just doesn't hate losing enough to be great. The great one's live, eat and breathe to improve at their craft. To Sam, it's a job. He is just punching a clock and putting in his reps.

It seemed he very much understood that in the post game press conference. When asked about Gase, Sam went into how he hadn't played well enough. 

At same time, the kid needs to give himself and Douglas room to work a trade, etc. Needs to say the right things here. 

• Upvote 3