Seahawks board observations lol

HighPitch

Could you imagine if the Seahawks took many on their boards advice and traded "Russ", replaced “Pete” etc and started over?  Turned next years 1 to us into a huge upgrade like the pick the Texans sent to the Dolphins?  Kind of a winning lotto type pick? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Could you imagine if the Seahawks took many on their boards advice and traded "Russ", replaced Pete etc and started over?  Turned next years 1 to us into a huge upgrade like the pick the Texans sent to the Dolphins?  Kind of a winning lotto type pick? 

Like others have said, you don't wish injury on anyone, but the way Russell Wilson plays you just never know, especially because he's no spring chicken anymore. He took a POUNDING in that game yesterday & I guarantee you he's pretty damn sore today. He gets hurt next year & if JD finds the right coach, has a stellar free agency & draft how sweet would a high pick be next year? Be funny if Seattles pick ends up being higher than our own.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, phill1c said:

Not me, Seattle. This Year. He brought that defense from THE WORST to respectable. You guys only know what you see on the field. You have no concept of what leadership INSIDE THE LOCKER ROOM means to these guys. 

Oh, I’m sorry Philip. I didn’t know you have access to their locker room? Are you friends with the players? Do you hang out with them? Do you clean their jerseys? Jock straps? Are you a reporter? 

All I know is their defense was historically bad! So yes, that’s all I see and that’s the only thing I need to see. He’s awful in coverage and his effort has been inconsistent all year. They have buyers remorse and I guarantee it. Now, they have to turn around and give this guy a HUGE contract after giving up all those draft picks? Man, I’m totally glad this dude is not even on our team. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Like others have said, you don't wish injury on anyone, but the way Russell Wilson plays you just never know, especially because he's no spring chicken anymore. He took a POUNDING in that game yesterday & I guarantee you he's pretty damn sore today. He gets hurt next year & if JD finds the right coach, has a stellar free agency & draft how sweet would a high pick be next year? Be funny if Seattles pick ends up being higher than our own.

To be fair, any qb would have taken a pounding that game.   Their o line should be ashamed of itself.

Wilson runs around a lot, but he has always been good at getting down and avoiding bigger hits when he scrambles for positive yardage.   Getting crushed in the pocket because no one can pass block is another story.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Oh, I’m sorry Philip. I didn’t know you have access to their locker room? Are you friends with the players? Do you hang out with them? Do you clean their jerseys? Jock straps? Are you a reporter? 

All I know is their defense was historically bad! So yes, that’s all I see and that’s the only thing I need to see. He’s awful in coverage and his effort has been inconsistent all year. They have buyers remorse and I guarantee it. Now, they have to turn around and give this guy a HUGE contract after giving up all those draft picks? Man, I’m totally glad this dude is not even on our team. 

They were bottom third bad, not historically bad.   They did improve as the year went on.

That being said, 2 1s and a 3 for a non covering safety is a bad deal.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

To be fair, any qb would have taken a pounding that game.   Their o line should be ashamed of itself.

Wilson runs around a lot, but he has always been good at getting down and avoiding bigger hits when he scrambles for positive yardage.   Getting crushed in the pocket because no one can pass block is another story.

Well, unlike Tom Brady who took less because his wife's a billionaire, Russells 35 million dollar contract hampers the rest of the team. Catch 22. 

Just now, Jetster said:

Well, unlike Tom Brady who took less because his wife's a billionaire, Russells 35 million dollar contract hampers the rest of the team. Catch 22. 

So will Mahomes.  So does Goff.   So does Rogers.  So will Dak's.  So does Big Ben's

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

But, but they have Brandon Shell! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, chirorob said:

So will Mahomes.  So does Goff.   So does Rogers.  So will Dak's.  So does Big Ben's

KCs talent will erode. They better win it again this year or next. Hoping the Bills knock them off. I want the Bills to have to pay Allen 50 million per year soon! ?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I am so happy that the Jets unloaded Adams based on the return that they got.  Adams is ultimately a cancer to an organization -- wait and see the angst that he inflicts on the Seahawks.  He took an incredibly cheap shot on the Rams QB yesterday which is no surprise.  Good riddance and Jamal did GM Douglas with a huge favor.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

KCs talent will erode. They better win it again this year or next. Hoping the Bills knock them off. I want the Bills to have to pay Allen 50 million per year soon! ?

Of course it will.  You can't pay that many players and keep the depth.   Also, at some point Kelce will age, and it isn't easy to find that kind of talent.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I am so happy that the Jets unloaded Adams based on the return that they got.  Adams is ultimately a cancer to an organization -- wait and see the angst that he inflicts on the Seahawks.  He took an incredibly cheap shot on the Rams QB yesterday which is no surprise.  Good riddance and Jamal did GM Douglas with a huge favor.

It could not have worked out any better than it did (besides Seattle losing more so the pick was better). Adams has definitely proven the likes of TomShane right. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, chirorob said:

They were bottom third bad, not historically bad.   They did improve as the year went on.

That being said, 2 1s and a 3 for a non covering safety is a bad deal.

They were historically bad the first 10 games of the season then looked like pretty good the rest of the way...very strange year for that defense. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bradley said:

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1255168/heaps-why-jamal-adams-contract-talks-with-the-seahawks-wont-be-simple/

I’m so looking forward to Jamaal bitching about him needing to get paid before and during camp. Cancer spreads as team refuses to discuss paying him as a LB like Wagner and sticking to a safety type contract.

wayward pines GIF

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Jamal's injury and piss-poor play helped elevate our pick from them so for that, I thank him.  Seahawk fans I know are HATING the trade for Adams.

Add an honorable mention for knocking out the Rams starter Wolford and getting cooked by the backup Goff. Luv

• Upvote 1

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/10/wild-card-weekend-takeaways-bills-survive-reich-bad-breaks-goff-gutsy-seahawks-struggle

The Seahawks Need a New Plan for Jamal Adams: He’s can’t be left singled up with any receivers—let alone very good receivers—as often as he was during his first season in Seattle; opposing quarterbacks see a bright neon arrow over his head every time it happens. He is a dynamic blitzer and run defender, and he offers plenty to a defensive coordinator, but this staff is going to continue to have buyer’s remorse if they think this is how they can use him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 hours ago, Maxman said:
pittpnthrs wrote:
12th And Loud wrote:They gave up a 1st for Jamal? I had Covid this year and my memory is foggy. That is crazy though. I thought it was a 2nd and a 3rd rounder this year. I remember there being two picks.

Really hope it wasn't a first rounder. I like Jamal a lot and hope they sign him but a first rounder is a bit much.

It was TWO first rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a player.

It was a horrendous trade.

I just looked it up, I forgot about that. I remember being so so on it at the time. Crazy year I forgot it was first rounders.

This year it is a first and a third. Next year it is a first. And they got Bradley McDougald. He sucks but we gave up all that for the defensive back sack record, so so pass coverage and a first round exit.

I was trying to talk everyone else down, but damn now how could they do this???

This years 1 and 3, and next years 1. Who made this trade Kevin Costner?

I'm done with this team Pete has to go, it isn't the old NFL anymore you don't overpay for a safety like that today.

8 minutes ago, KRL said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/10/wild-card-weekend-takeaways-bills-survive-reich-bad-breaks-goff-gutsy-seahawks-struggle

The Seahawks Need a New Plan for Jamal Adams: He’s can’t be left singled up with any receivers—let alone very good receivers—as often as he was during his first season in Seattle; opposing quarterbacks see a bright neon arrow over his head every time it happens. He is a dynamic blitzer and run defender, and he offers plenty to a defensive coordinator, but this staff is going to continue to have buyer’s remorse if they think this is how they can use him.

In other words, he is the definitive box safety.  Two 1sts and a 3rd?   Okay....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Too bad. Kudos to maxman. The thread i posted above has been heavily modified. Literally one third of the postS against jamal were deleted, including mine. They were all fair too nothing nasty at all. What the heck man seattle is a weird weird place

Oh wow what did they delete?

I just saw that someone else started the other poster asked who they would rather have Pete or Schotty?

https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172086

I feel like Pete and Brian are both alpha males. It is hard for them to exist on the same staff.

I would pick Pete personally, but I think you clearly have to pick one. Not a bad problem to have because this team, with a few tweaks, can win the Super Bowl next year. We saw it, they were streaky this year but we saw it.

You need to buy into one ideology though.

1) Game changing offensive techniques with Brian

2) Old school hard hitting defense with Pete

You can't co-exist with both primarily because each philosophy requires a different training program, offseason especially, and a different game day game plan.

Pick one and win.

We have seen that we sink when we try to do both.

Interesting points here, especially about the advanced concepts that the Rams present with their interior linebackers.

The loss didn't bother me that much. I mean I was mad but the Rams defense is all-time great. Sure they had no QB and Donald was out a lot but the interior linebackers do things that most casual football observers don't even understand. The screen interception is another example of an elite, all time elite defense.

So I was able to chalk it up to that. Wade Phillips has always been an amazing coordinator and he is old, so we will have our day.

That is what I thought originally. Now Jamal is having multiple surgeries? And I forgot about 3 premium picks that we gave up for him.

Might be one of the worst trades and it definitely set us back 3 - 5 years.

When is Jamal's contract up?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1