Pederson Fired in Philly

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

But, as you said, he had some very good numbers. But, then, under the Pederson tutelage without Reich, he mysteriously careens down. Coincidence?

This is the man you want to lead our new young QB?

As i mentioned in an earlier post, Pederson apparently made all the play calls.  Reich just relayed them to the QB.  Not even allowed to make changes.  He said this was the same way he did it with Andy Reid.  Which sheds some insight on how much Bieniemy does.  He's a relayer.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am still recovering from your comment that Pederson made Hurts look good.

You have got to be some kind of moron! Djax is done, Ertz is done, who was the Eagles running back? Scott? they lost 4 of their starting olineman! 4! Even Kelce played hurt! That team had less talent than the Jets! Pederson was the coach, not the GM! 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He didn't "careen".  

Pederson saw what others didn't:  Wentz blows and is not a leader.  

He's not my top choice, but yes, I'd be fine with Pederson working with a young QB.  

Donovan McNabb never threw for 4,000 yards under Reid. Who in their right mind would trust him to develop a QB? Oh, whoops...

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Damn it you sumbitch don’t you remember the deal we made with @Maxman? You’re supposed to disagree at all times with @Jetsfan80 and me. Then we argue to increase the post counts. Quick insult my south asian heritage before anyone notices!

All these people not honoring their agreements. Thank you for being ethical. Not please post 8 times about ethics and let's see if we can turn that into a 200 post thing lol.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Two of the three things that Pederson had a problem with in Philly shouldn't be a problem here.

1. GM relationship with Roseman.  Should be better with Douglas.

2. Cap anchored to a QB you want to get rid of.  Fresh start and lots of options with Jets at QB.

3. Ownership - Obviously the power struggle didn't go Pederson's way as Lurie kept Roseman.  Would Pederson view Jets ownership as any better though?  Not sure.

Good points, and Jalen Hurts looked awfully good with subpar weapons ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Troll said:

People are comparing him to Gase not because they’ve had equal success, but because they both have reps as guys their own players dislike.

I also read through this thread and have not once seen the name Frank Reich, which is surprising as a lot of people theorize that he was truly the mastermind behind the 2017 Eagles and the results since then would support that theory. Reich is 28-20 in Indianapolis while Pederson has a losing record without Reich.

This is the only point in which I wouldn't consider him a top candidate, and needs light shed upon it....

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Losing your QB who is in the midst of an MVP-like year and completing the championship run with a backup is a whole lot more than randomness IMHO.

It is the same exact thing to me as Eli and Flacco suddenly getting nuclear hot in the playoffs. It happens sometimes. 

They won 16 games in 2017 alone. They've won 23 since then. They scored 41 points in the Super Bowl. They scored 39 combined in three playoff games since then.

Just now, The Troll said:

It is the same exact thing to me as Eli and Flacco suddenly getting nuclear hot in the playoffs. It happens sometimes. 

They won 16 games in 2017 alone. They've won 23 since then. They scored 41 points in the Super Bowl. They scored 39 combined in three playoff games since then.

What are "playoff games?" Haven't heard that term around here.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

Pedeeson beat Brady and  Belichick at the height of the power in the super bowl , 3 years ago

and people here want Marvin Lewis and Arthur Smith over this guy 

Jets will chase a 0.01% chance of someone being better than a known quantity.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

no he is not, i would argue though that the set up of things would be very similar, and in which case would go against what they said they are looking for. 

Jets in response to gase offensive obsession and little to do with the whole team want a CEO type of coach. 

Pederson by all accounts was mostly involved in the offense while allowing Jim Schwartz full control over the defense.  so while he is in no way at all Adam Gase as a coach, the setup of how he would run things would be very similar. 

Don't think Pederson was force fed Schwartz however...

20 minutes ago, The Troll said:

You have to give Doug credit for developing Wentz, but absolve him of all blame for Wentz now being trash.

You have to assign partial blame to Pederson, Wentz, and Roseman for this year's performance/record.  I just happen to think that, of the 3, Pederson is easily the best at his job. 

That does not mean he automatically vaults to the top of my HC wishlist, nor should he immediately jump to the top of Douglas' wishlist.

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You have got to be some kind of moron! Djax is done, Ertz is done, who was the Eagles running back? Scott? they lost 4 of their starting olineman! 4! Even Kelce played hurt! That team had less talent than the Jets! Pederson was the coach, not the GM! 

You said "Pederson made Hurts look good". Tell me the numbers he displayed against the 2 playoff teams? The comment was nothing about personnel or anything else.

Without calling someone a name, kindly demonstrate how. Or, just back off that comment if you can't support it. And I fully admit that Hurts is a young player thrown into a situation. But, you said Pederson made Hurts look good. Because, i did not see it. And, he got pulled from his last game.

20 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Sometimes all the stars align and sh*t happens.

We have a Super Bowl winning QB on our roster.

Wentz put up MVP numbers and then Foles had a terrific postseason and SB win.  But somehow, none of that credit goes to Pederson.  It was all just luck and the starts aligning.  OK.  Nevermind that same team winning the division the next year, without Reich.  Pederson is just lucky.    

1 hour ago, TheMo said:

Exactly he’s been content to deal with the dude making idiotic decisions like reagor over Jefferson which I pretty sure @Paradis would have punched him in the face over. But the the guy who literally makes those kinds of calls thinks he knows what staffing calls to make. Notably he forced a change last year too and we see how that went for this year. 

And yes, I would have mailed him a dead cat. Only WR I would have considered over JJ would have been Jeudy. Reagor was like wayy behind Pittman, Claypool, etc

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You said "Pederson made Hurts look good". Tell me the numbers he displayed against the 2 playoff teams? The comment was nothing about personnel or anything else.

Without calling someone a name, kindly demonstrate how. Or, just back off that comment if you can't support it. And I fully admit that Hurts is a young player thrown into a situation. But, you said Pederson made Hurts look good. Because, i did not see it. And, he got pulled from his last game.

Ok...he made Hurts look at least as good as Darnold. Better?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Wentz put up MVP numbers and then Foles had a terrific postseason and SB win.  But somehow, none of that credit goes to Pederson.  OK.  

Yes, conveniently that was under Reich. You seem to be waffling on the talent of Wentz here. Is Wentz good or not? or, is Wentz only good when you want to attribute his good years to Pederson, but absolve Pederson of his bad stats?

17 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Yet no one would argue Tom Coughlin and John Harbaugh didn't do a good job in those respective seasons.