Pederson Fired in Philly

1 minute ago, The Troll said:

People are comparing him to Gase not because they’ve had equal success, but because they both have reps as guys their own players dislike.

I also read through this thread and have not once seen the name Frank Reich, which is surprising as a lot of people theorize that he was truly the mastermind behind the 2017 Eagles and the results since then would support that theory. Reich is 28-20 in Indianapolis while Pederson has a losing record without Reich.

Wentz's numbers the 2 years post-Reich were solid.  54/14 TD:INT ratio if I recall correctly.

Reich was a big part of their Super Bowl success but didn't explain ALL of the success Pederson had.  Lots of the same offensive philosophy remained in Philly after Reich's departure.

2 minutes ago, The Troll said:

People are comparing him to Gase not because they’ve had equal success, but because they both have reps as guys their own players dislike.

I also read through this thread and have not once seen the name Frank Reich, which is surprising as a lot of people theorize that he was truly the mastermind behind the 2017 Eagles and the results since then would support that theory. Reich is 28-20 in Indianapolis while Pederson has a losing record without Reich.

1CB2D477-BE3A-400F-876B-926C383FDB01.jpeg.3ea643e6967154fde9222f4c86e94129.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

McCarthy was a dinosaur.  Pederson invests heavily in analytics.  Mike McCarthy rode the coattails of Aaron Rodgers.  Pederson won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles.  

It is funny, McCarthy definitely billed himself as someone who wasn't a dinosaur. PR wise he sold a different story, film review, analytics what the did during the time off.  What happened this year showed that McCarthy didn't change.

Pederson winning with Nick Foles is why he has to be considered here.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Pederson should be interviewed and compared to all the other candidates. If he seems like the best fit as far as a team manager/leader and in sync with JD than that is the way it would/should be.

I was hoping for a new coach with fresh ideas. I would rather have Daboll/ Smith/ Salah. I want a coach with fresh fire to win the Super Bowl.  Pederson team was on the decline and a mess.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Pederson actively, consciously, obviously tanks games....of course YOU like him, lol.

Maybe that is the plan. Keep Darnold. Tank again. Make big moves in 2022.

Jets fans be like: Are we there yet? lol.

• Haha 4

Even if you love one of the other candidates - you HAVE to take a swing at Pederson.

When else are we going to find a super bowl winning coach, still in his prime, with a chip on his shoulder?

If he fails there will always be a hot coordinator to hire. It's not like we have a window that we are trying to close on.

DO IT  

6 minutes ago, TheMo said:

You sound like hipster vampire lol. Only want that farm to table blood. 

But for real. The guy is five years into coaching, so he’s not some retread. And this is his first season with less than 7 wins in his HC career. Think about his pedigree if he was an upcoming candidate and he’d be easily our top choice (OC for Reid called the plays, extensive background in Philly as QB coach, turned Alex smith from pretty good into a borderline weapon, coached up an MVP QB in the regular season, then in that same season coached up his backup and went on to win a SB him against Brady and the Pats, followed that up with two winning seasons before the wheels did come off a bit in the the most recent season in which he still showed the ability to coach up year another young QB to early success). 

Good point by the doctor here!  :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets job is much better than the job in Philly.  It's still not as good as Jax, the Chargers or maybe the Texans....but the Jets are better than the Lions, Falcons, Eagles, etc.

I would put Jets ahead of Texans.  Texans are $18 million over the cap an no 1st or 2nd round pick.  QB is going to be a headache and a very restrictive contract

• Upvote 1

This is pretty simple in my eyes. Wentz and Pederson did not like each other. More than likely, Pederson wanted to make the QB switch much earlier in the season but he was being told by upper management that he couldn't. At this point, the eagles are stuck with Wentz. Because the relationship between the two is clearly broken, it was either one or the other and considering Wentz is untradeable, the easier route was to let go of the coach. I honestly don't know who I want to lead this team but I don't think pederson should be blamed enitirely for the eagles bad season. Philly is in cap hell, aging roster, and the "franchise" QB sucks. He got out while he still could. If JD thinks he is the guy, I wont be upset.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I like him already! The guy won a Super Bowl by being a bold mofo! He’s the anti-gase

The Eagles ? flew & crashed like many teams do but they had one of the most glorious Super Bowl wins ever & I was able to use my Grinch grin the next day with all my Pats fan friends! And for that, I am ever grateful to one Doug Pederson! Hire the man! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I honestly don't understand what people want in a coach.

He's won a super bowl.  Therefore, he's proven he can win a super bowl.

Who is this mythical coach who is available, has a track record of winning at the highest level, is not "this years coordinator de jour," and is a "CEO-type" which is definitely not just words but actually means something?

I'm pretty sure the coach JN wants doesn't actually exist.  In reality, you're either getting a Lewis/Pederson type retread, a stand-out college coach (none of whom we've heard have actually interviewed here, or elsewhere), or you're gambling on a coordinator taking the next step.

People are wary of Pederson because he was just fired, so it reminds people of Kotite/Gase. 

But this is all correct. 

At the end of the day, you can do a lot worse than a guy with Pederson's resume. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Teflon-Don said:

And let's get one thing straight..Doug Pederson is nottttt Adam Gase

no he is not, i would argue though that the set up of things would be very similar, and in which case would go against what they said they are looking for. 

Jets in response to gase offensive obsession and little to do with the whole team want a CEO type of coach. 

Pederson by all accounts was mostly involved in the offense while allowing Jim Schwartz full control over the defense.  so while he is in no way at all Adam Gase as a coach, the setup of how he would run things would be very similar.