Marshon Lattimore available?

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Looks at Mahomes.

I should have specified “defensive player” or “db” we should have drafted instead of Adams and that might have prevented you from having to “respond”

Yeah,  I would have loved to draft Mahomes.  Luckily for Patrick,  we didn’t!!!

3 minutes ago, TJ said:

I should have specified “defensive player” or “db” we should have drafted instead of Adams and that might have prevented you from having to “respond”

Yeah,  I would have loved to draft Mahomes.  Luckily for Patrick,  we didn’t!!!

It’s a message board. I don’t think you have to air quotes respond. Response is the entire purpose of the platform.

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Underperforming the last 2 yrs?   Lazy reputation?
Last year of his rookie contract?  Current team in salary cap hell?

I doubt they get as much as you think he is worth.  Maybe a third and some performance or resigning based kicker.   Kind of like what our trade of Demario Davis to them looked like.

No.

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The absolute best thing for this franchise is to not spend big in free agency, build through the draft and have a very scrappy, hard playing team next year that goes 4-12.

We then get another year of high draft picks and then in the 2022-2023 season we start to win some games.

In today's NFL, a necessity for sustained success is to have a solid mixture of good drafting plus wise, calculated FA signings.  That is the best combo in the NFL nowadays.  Without the mixture, you don't get lower priced inexperienced talent together with experienced talent.  

And Tampa Bay just proved this  The addition of Brady, Gronk, Fournette etc together with the present talent (i.e. Godwin, Evans) has landed them in the Superbowl.

What you endorsed may have worked 30 years ago, but not today. It is no good to go all-in on the draft or all-in on FA.  It all requires competent talent evaluation anyway and that is something that the Jets have struggled with throughout the franchise existence. That goes for drafts and vet signings.   Hopefully, with JD will finally right the evaluation ship here.  With regard to FA and draft talent eval, Maccagnan, Idzik, Rex, Tanny all sailed the ship head-on into icebergs.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

In today's NFL, a necessity for sustained success is to have a solid mixture of good drafting plus wise, calculated FA signings.  That is the best combo in the NFL nowadays.  Without the mixture, you don't get lower priced inexperienced talent together with experienced talent.  

And Tampa Bay just proved this  The addition of Brady, Gronk, Fournette etc together with the present talent (i.e. Godwin, Evans) has landed them in the Superbowl.

What you endorsed may have worked 30 years ago, but not today. It is no good to go all-in on the draft or all-in on FA.  It all requires competent talent evaluation anyway and that is something that the Jets have struggled with throughout the franchise existence. That goes for drafts and vet signings.   Hopefully, with JD will finally right the evaluation ship here.  With regard to FA and draft talent eval, Maccagnan, Idzik, Rex, Tanny all sailed the ship head-on into icebergs.

Tampa bay had a super talented roster.  They went all in to be good the next few years.  Then arians/brady will retire and that team will be awful again.

I am talking about long term success.  The bucs have 0 plan for that.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s a message board. I don’t think you have to air quotes respond. Response is the entire purpose of the platform.

I’m aware of the purpose of the platform.  I guess your “post count” is important to you.  Please feel free to respond as much as you like.

17 hours ago, nycdan said:

Lattimore would fit any defense.  There will be 31 teams interested and looking at how KC defended Diggs in man coverage, I'm pretty sure he will be a hot commodity..  I'd love to see us be aggressive on him.  Would completely fix the secondary in one shot.

Interesting that they prioritize the RT over the CB.

Probably because Lattimore is merely a very good CB whereas Ramczyk is elite; he's probably the best RT in the game.   1st Team All-Pro last season and will likely reach it again this year.  He'll be very difficult to replace if forced to do so.

That said, I'd be highly interested in Lattimore.  Very good CB1's are hard to come by.

16 hours ago, MykePM said:

Since Lattimore's position coach (the much-beloved Aaron Glenn) is now the DC of the Detroit Lions, I'm guessing that this would make them a frontrunner to acquire him.

Especially since they're about to have plenty of draft capital on their hands once they trade Stafford.

8 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Point well taken, but how do you propose to do that, when everyone is clamoring for Watson, and now this guy. How many first's do you think it's going to take to get all the players JET fandom deems we need to get a good team on the field.

Please, the amount of draft capitol JD has acquired and cap space is the reason Saleh came here, because he has the same philosophy as JD. You build through the draft for sustainable teams.

We have plenty of CAP space for the wants of many JET fans to improve certain positions. it's not giving up the best resources to keep this team competitive for the long haul. I'm just as impatient as the next JET fan, but I want this done right this time around because I'd like to be the next Patriot dynasty and right now we're giving that away to the Bills and possibly the Dolphins.

We can't have every shiny option. But we can have some of them. Everyone agrees to build through the draft. The issue is when someone thinks building is done solely through the draft. You have to have proven talent as well. You have to have veterans. You have to spend to win. Drafting well is huge, but so is bringing in known commodities. That in itself is part of building a strong foundation. 

• Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, heymangold said:

Holy sh!t.  It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that just can’t bring themselves to want good players.  If lattimore was on this team, he’s the best CB that’s been here since revis.  I’m not passing up on sending a pick to NO for him to settle for Richard Sherman “on the cheap”.

pretty sure a drafted CB would be much better for the team. People dont want it for same reason we didn't want Jamal. Way to high of a price,  when you should just spend draft capitol and $$ more effectively to help the team. I mean if we needed one piece left, sure go out and go get your guy. BUT we don't need just one piece. This CB would prevent us from getting stronger in other places. No reason to stupidly blow money when we can just draft players and get better. 

It never ceases to amaze me how some fans dont understand the very basics of being a successful team. Everything in context, right now this is a bad move. Not only bad but will hinder actual progress and growth of our team. 

If we were in a different part of the rebuild then maybe it would make sense.

2 hours ago, TJ said:

I’m aware of the purpose of the platform.  I guess your “post count” is important to you.  Please feel free to respond as much as you like.

Post count???  Hahaha... You’ve got me pegged. FFS Try not to be so upset because I joked Mahomes > Lattimore. 

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tampa bay had a super talented roster.  They went all in to be good the next few years.  Then arians/brady will retire and that team will be awful again.

I am talking about long term success.  The bucs have 0 plan for that.

Tampa was a QB away from this.  And they got Brady.

19 hours ago, Vader said:

I’ve been saying it for a while. Get Lattimore. Saints are in it deep. He would need a contract I think. 

To the tune of $95 million over the cap AND F/A to sign.

I do not doubt Brees being traded if he still wants to play, and they GUT that team for a year.  Then, they go after a QB and rebuild.  Cutting $95 million without some trades will almost leave them with no team.  They will be paying 30 UDFA players just to stay under the cap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

We can't have every shiny option. But we can have some of them. Everyone agrees to build through the draft. The issue is when someone thinks building is done solely through the draft. You have to have proven talent as well. You have to have veterans. You have to spend to win. Drafting well is huge, but so is bringing in known commodities. That in itself is part of building a strong foundation. 

I agree, and while I'm not opposed to trading in some cases, I think the amount of cap space we have and quality draft picks this and next year, I believe that FA's is the way to get most of what you just suggested.

Thank god for Robert Saleh. The NFL is like a huge fraternity & guys who are outspoken like Richard Sherman expressing their respect for this guy is great advertising for potential free agents. Adam Gase was the exact opposite with whispers throughout the league that he was pretty much persona non grata after the Miami experiment. Then we had that crazy eyes press conference. The dude was so detached on the sidelines this year it was like he was the RB coach always standing by himself with very little engagement with the players. I think there will be interest in playing for Saleh. A social media, Twitter win for the NY Jets. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Thank god for Robert Saleh. The NFL is like a huge fraternity & guys who are outspoken like Richard Sherman expressing their respect for this guy is great advertising for potential free agents. Adam Gase was the exact opposite with whispers throughout the league that he was pretty much persona non grata after the Miami experiment. Then we had that crazy eyes press conference. The dude was so detached on the sidelines this year it was like he was the RB coach always standing by himself with very little engagement with the players. I think there will be interest in playing for Saleh. A social media, Twitter win for the NY Jets. 

The Saleh hire makes us an attractive landing spot.  Players genuinely seem to like him