2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Using pick 23 to take a WR that will play as WR5 ain’t my bag.

The idea would be for that player to be good and play a lot. No one on the current Jets depth chart should prevent them from taking a receiver high. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Crowder and Cole >>>>>>>>> JuJu.

I just dropped in to see how we’re feeling about Cole & the new OG and honestly I didn’t expect so much hate for the Cole pick up. He has some productive stats for the role he’s played in. He’ll be a good #4 and maybe add some value to ST as a KR/PR. My #1 gripe the last two years is that we haven’t attacked WR depth (much less starting WR’s until Davis) Crowder or Davis miss some time during the same stretch and we’re back to Braxton Berrios spot up starting. I didn’t want that for us again this season. Cole makes me feel better about a lot of those concerns. Now let’s go draft  another! Then we’ll really be sitting with some cushion.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I just dropped in to see how we’re feeling about Cole & the new OG and honestly I didn’t expect so much hate for the Cole pick up. He has some productive stats for the role he’s played in. He’ll be a good #4 and maybe add some value to ST as a KR/PR

Wouldn't say it's all directed at Cole.  I think it's more "we didn't lay out for ANOTHER high profile WR in FA.  #FIREJD".

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Draft. 

If we go WB at 2, based on signing edge and WR, we’re positioned nicely to go OL with at least one of our top 3 picks. 

Then, ic you really look at the OG and C talent in this draft class, and the history of interior OL coming from mid/rounds, you can probably expect OL in the mid-rounds too.

Lets pretend:

pfn-logo-black
  • NYJ
    Zach Wilson
    QB BYU

• NYJ
    Rashod Bateman
    WR Minnesota

• NYJ
    Alex Leatherwood
    OT Alabama

• NYJ
    Michael Carter
    RB North Carolina

• NYJ
    Quinn Meinerz
    OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

• NYJ
    Tommy Tremble
    TE Notre Dame

Yes that would be an excellent draft but my concerns is that the Jets are almost forcing themselves to draft 2 OL, TE in first 5 picks or so. What I would really like to see is Darnold and 34 for #8, We would definitely get a high impact offensive player at 8.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

Is it me or is this ridiculously cheap for a quality backup?  Trubisky was better than Darnold.  If he was a free agent, he'd be getting about the same money??  

I think you are forgetting that Trubisky was on one hell of a team.  There is no difference of opinion around the league on whom was at fault . . .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The idea would be for that player to be good and play a lot. No one on the current Jets depth chart should prevent them from taking a receiver high. 

Yeah but that’s true for any position drafted in the top 3 rounds. Our WR Corp is made up of 2 league level starters (Crowder, Davis), 1 high potential high draft pick (Mims), 1 rotational/ spot starter (Cole). That’s a hard group to crack for any rookie. The WR class is deep and letting a talented yac guy drafted in round 4 sit on the bench and get gadget minutes might work out in the long term. The team’s biggest needs right now are QB, OL, CB, LB, and 23/34 are great spots to address those needs.

1 hour ago, clayton163v said:

When we drafted him we were told he would be a core special team's player and the team fullback.  I thought it strange when we let him go since that is exactly what he has been.

I actually believe Bellore was a UDFA in Rex’s 1st or 2nd year. He was  a LB in college, I think from a school in the MAC. I live 5 mins from Florham Park, and I used to go to a bunch of the practices. He was just hammering people whenever he was on the field. He definitely stood out. Rex kept him as a rookie, and he stuck for years. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

This signing says to me that the Jets are going to take a wideout high and he is the #4 option.  If so, then we are set with Davis, Mims, Crowder, Cole and a high draft pick.

i dunno why you think that since WR is no longer close to our biggest need right now.

1. QB
  2. OL
  3. CB
  4. RB
  5. TE

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Finally upgraded interior OL; younger, better player than Lewis or Van Roten.  Starter for each of the last three seasons, playing a full 16 games each year.

He might start, he might not.   I see him as a significant upgrade from Josh Andrews, last year's backup center guard.

• Upvote 1

The Broncos are expected to pursue the veteran cornerback, Mike Garafolo of NFL.com tweets. Vic Fangio coached Fuller for four seasons as Chicago’s D-coordinator. New Denver GM George Paton was with the Vikings throughout Fuller’s Bears career.

While the Broncos made a key addition in Ronald Darby, they still have a need at cornerback. They also roster ex-Fuller teammate Bryce Callahan, who is going into his third season with the team.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

I don’t know much about this new poster, “Loki757” but I asked someone who does.

Was told, “He’s chill.”

Ive been lurking around here for like a decade. I forgot I made an account a couple years ago. Just had some things to say, finally. 

And yes, I am very chill. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

i dunno why you think that since WR is no longer close to our biggest need right now.

1. QB
  2. OL
  3. CB
  4. RB
  5. TE

I'd say...

1. OL 1

2. OL 2

3. CB 1

4. CB 2

5. TE

6. RB

Given draft value though, I'd guess TE (Pitts) comes first.

• Upvote 1