2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

6 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Douglas is a complete idiot if he doesn't jump all over him

A complete idiot that is rebuildinh the team and not wasting money or  draft picks to do it? If fuller can be had for a fair contract they we will get him. But JD will not over pay and that is a good thing.

#draft

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

I like some of the signings but I find myself feeling that especially considering we may pick a QB at #2 and our OL sucked balls last year that JD is not prioritizing the OL as much as he should. Even if it is a complete rental for a couple years while you draft rookies our OL needs to be at least average. Right now without 3 or 4 OL in the draft I am not seeing how that is happening. And keeping Darnold (and I was a HUGE Darnold fan) is just criminally dumb.

I think we have to consider OL at 23 and 34. We can still address other needs in FA, signing Kyle Fuller for instance, but the o-line improvement that is required will have to wait until the draft. It's not ideal to have to start two rookies on the line, but our alternatives are limited. 

The best thing we can do in the meantime is fill out the WR depth and sign a corner or two. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Guys like Kyle Fuller getting cut is the exact reason we carried this money into this cap shrinking year. Get it done - he’s very very good

I’m a bit biased as a Hokies fan, but he’s also extremely durable and and a great fit in this new cover 3 scheme.

Yeah, he’s 29. But Fuller is the exact type of DB who remains a quality contributor into his mid-30’s.

• Upvote 3

It sounds like Tarell Basham is heading to Dallas. Agent Aaron Henderson tweets that the free agent edge defender is signing with the Cowboys (Twitter link). It’s a two-year deal worth up to $6.5MM, according to Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News (on Twitter).

You know what crazy all these fan that are not liking what JD is doing and complaining that he is doing his job terribly, if we sign juju and fuller will all be signing his praises with out any concerns...

Both those guys are realistically possible to see in the green and white. And they would be signed under the same system that JD used to get the others....

• Upvote 3

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You know what crazy all these fan that are not liking what JD is doing and complaining that he is doing his job terribly, if we sign juju and fuller will all be signing his praises with out any concerns...

Both those guys are realistically possible to see in the green and white. And they would be signed under the same system that JD used to get the others....

Yeah exactly.  Do something already to prove this team won’t be 2-14 again next season.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I like some of the signings but I find myself feeling that especially considering we may pick a QB at #2 and our OL sucked balls last year that JD is not prioritizing the OL as much as he should. Even if it is a complete rental for a couple years while you draft rookies our OL needs to be at least average. Right now without 3 or 4 OL in the draft I am not seeing how that is happening. And keeping Darnold (and I was a HUGE Darnold fan) is just criminally dumb.

Draft. 

If we go WB at 2, based on signing edge and WR, we’re positioned nicely to go OL with at least one of our top 3 picks. 

Then, ic you really look at the OG and C talent in this draft class, and the history of interior OL coming from mid/rounds, you can probably expect OL in the mid-rounds too.

Lets pretend:

pfn-logo-black
  • NYJ
    Zach Wilson
    QB BYU

• NYJ
    Rashod Bateman
    WR Minnesota

• NYJ
    Alex Leatherwood
    OT Alabama

• NYJ
    Michael Carter
    RB North Carolina

• NYJ
    Quinn Meinerz
    OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

• NYJ
    Tommy Tremble
    TE Notre Dame

• Upvote 3

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Draft. 

If we go WB at 2, based on signing edge and WR, we’re positioned nicely to go OL with at least one of our top 3 picks. 

Then, ic you really look at the OG and C talent in this draft class, and the history of interior OL coming from mid/rounds, you can probably expect OL in the mid-rounds too.

Lets pretend:

pfn-logo-black
  • NYJ
    Zach Wilson
    QB BYU

• NYJ
    Rashod Bateman
    WR Minnesota

• NYJ
    Alex Leatherwood
    OT Alabama

• NYJ
    Michael Carter
    RB North Carolina

• NYJ
    Quinn Meinerz
    OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

• NYJ
    Tommy Tremble
    TE Notre Dame

Using pick 23 to take a WR that will play as WR5 ain’t my bag.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

Using pick 23 to take a WR that will play as WR5 ain’t my bag.

I don’t know sh*t about the actual players. It could be a CB or Edge. I’m just illustrating that there’s plenty room to load the OL after our 1st round ends. 

• Upvote 3