2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

It's one of the worst kept secrets in the league that Kenny was protecting himself in preparation for free agency. A hip flexor strain is a pain in the ass, but it's not an injury that holds players out that long and no threat to structural damage or anything like that. It's mostly pain tolerance, but the fear of playing through a hip flexor injury is that it screws up everything else... when your hip flexor is weak, you're more susceptible to hamstring and lower back injuries. 

Personally, I suffered a Grade 3 hip flexor tear. The rehab hurt more than the injury itself. If I needed to I could've probably played through it by week 4 or 5 and I'm by no means a physical specimen. 

What position did you play?

10 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Not sure I understand all this Hendrickson hype. 13.5 sacks in a contract year and has 6.5 sacks in his 3 seasons before that 

He's only started 18 games:

2017 - no starts - 192 snaps - 2 sacks

2018 - no starts - 78 snaps - 0 sacks

2019 - 3 starts - 286 snaps - 4.5 sacks

2020 - 15 starts - 369 snaps - 13.5 sacks

**Edit updated to "Pass Rush Snaps"**

A lot of people gave him crap for coverage sacks on this forum for this year but when watching I graded it the following:

2 - coverage

7 - legit

5 - Eh (mix of legit/stunts/other pressure)

Just now, nycdan said:

Pats are burning cap on a TE and DT so far.  They are going to spend it somewhere so I'm happy to see it go there rather than to guys we are really trying to land.  This makes is a lot harder for them to compete with us on Thuney and/or anyone else we are serious about.  Translation....good news.

my thoughts exactly, I fist pumped when they signed the DT

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Pats are burning cap on a TE and DT so far.  They are going to spend it somewhere so I'm happy to see it go there rather than to guys we are really trying to land.  This makes is a lot harder for them to compete with us on Thuney and/or anyone else we are serious about.  Translation....good news.

I've got no doubt that the deals are structured to minimize the year 1 cap hit given the lowered cap from the pandemic. I doubt it significantly impacts their offer to Thuney and there's almost no chance they'd sign Godchaux Day 1 if it could've

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

He's only started 18 games:

2017 - no starts - 192 snaps - 2 sacks

2018 - no starts - 78 snaps - 0 sacks

2019 - 3 starts - 286 snaps - 4.5 sacks

2020 - 15 starts - 369 snaps - 13.5 sacks

**Edit updated to "Pass Rush Snaps"**

A lot of people gave him crap for coverage sacks on this forum for this year but when watching I graded it the following:

2 - coverage

7 - legit

5 - Eh (mix of legit/stunts/other pressure)

I hope he’s good but I’m always weary of the contract year breakout players 

• Upvote 1