2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Kenny Golladay would be Joe Douglas saying “I’m in charge.” I’m not sure if the coaching staff is as high on him as JD is. Coaching staff feels they can generate production out of guys that may not be as talented, but I get the sense that Douglas views Golladay as “that dude”. He and Gettleman see things similarly in that department. 

Im with Joe in this one

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Kenny Golladay would be Joe Douglas saying “I’m in charge.” I’m not sure if the coaching staff is as high on him as JD is. Coaching staff feels they can generate production out of guys that may not be as talented, but I get the sense that Douglas views Golladay as “that dude”. He and Gettleman see things similarly in that department. 

Better be some comfort on that hip 

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

The expectation has been that "half the league" would be in on Samuel. That seems to be proving true, and a reason why I don't think the Jets ultimately sign him... hope I'm wrong, but when you have that many teams involved, the chances grow that someone pulls a Maccagnan and starts bidding against themselves. Jets won't do that. 

Pauline had said Trey Hendrickson a while back and that's looking real. I think the Jets will sign multiple pass rushers. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

The expectation has been that "half the league" would be in on Samuel. That seems to be proving true, and a reason why I don't think the Jets ultimately sign him... hope I'm wrong, but when you have that many teams involved, the chances grow that someone pulls a Maccagnan and starts bidding against themselves. Jets won't do that. 

Pauline had said Trey Hendrickson a while back and that's looking real. I think the Jets will sign multiple pass rushers. 

I would have no issue if Douglas FINALLY got multiple pass rushers.  Combine them with

Quinnen and they could do damage

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Not sure I understand all this Hendrickson hype. 13.5 sacks in a contract year and has 6.5 sacks in his 3 seasons before that 

I agree ... most of his sacks were coverage sacks or w/ help.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

It's one of the worst kept secrets in the league that Kenny was protecting himself in preparation for free agency. A hip flexor strain is a pain in the ass, but it's not an injury that holds players out that long and no threat to structural damage or anything like that. It's mostly pain tolerance, but the fear of playing through a hip flexor injury is that it screws up everything else... when your hip flexor is weak, you're more susceptible to hamstring and lower back injuries. 

Personally, I suffered a Grade 3 hip flexor tear. The rehab hurt more than the injury itself. If I needed to I could've probably played through it by week 4 or 5 and I'm by no means a physical specimen. 

Ok this is the kind of info that gets me excited. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Not sure I understand all this Hendrickson hype. 13.5 sacks in a contract year and has 6.5 sacks in his 3 seasons before that 

He’s going to be overpaid and he will underperform. He benefited from plenty of coverage sacks. We do NOT have that secondary here. 

Stay away. I rather go after Lawson who has had less sacks but was top 5 in QB pressures. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1