2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

Theres a complete disconnect between Jet fans plans and the organizations plans.

Jet fans want to spend every dollar, bring in every big name free agent, finish 7-9 and be stuck in mediocridy for the forseeable future.

Joe Douglas and Saleh want to be patient, build through the draft and in 3 years have a young and good team that is setup for sustainable success.

Listen to what your franchise is telling you!!!!!!!!!!!!  We are not spending in Free Agency this year!!!!

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Theres a complete disconnect between Jet fans plans and the organizations plans.

Jet fans want to spend every dollar, bring in every big name free agent, finish 7-9 and be stuck in mediocridy for the forseeable future.

Joe Douglas and Saleh want to be patient, build through the draft and in 3 years have a young and good team that is setup for sustainable success.

Listen to what your franchise is telling you!!!!!!!!!!!!  We are not spending in Free Agency this year!!!!

You can do both at a balanced rate and still be satisfied. We’d be absolutely stupid not to spend money this year. Doing it the “correct” isn’t always the draft. It’s a healthy mixture.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hm no? Sounds like they want to target big OL guys, which Jet fans want.  We seem pretty connected! 

25 minutes ago, Stark said:

wtf... so we send sam and 3 first round pics for the Bears to get Wilson? lol... am I reading this correctly?

No we don't get Wilson, we get K Macc  a corner and  Robinson. So we have no QB at all, and get an old expensive Edge Rusher a Corner and a Receiver. Its the most insane thing I've read. No way the Jets do this.

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Remember that time we gave up 3 first round picks so the Bears could land Russell Wilson?

Jolley times.............

In 2005, Jolley was dealt from the Raiders to the Jets, with a 2nd round pick and two 6th round picks, for a 1st and 7th round pick. After a year in New York, he was traded from the Jets to Tampa Bay for a sixth round draft pick.

• Upvote 1

Working hard on bringing back Perriman, huh?

Not impressive. JD has to start closing deals, not just getting mentioned as an also-ran. If your mantra of building through the draft isn't followed up with great drafting, then your just another rehash of the last terrible GMs we've had

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jolley times.............

In 2005, Jolley was dealt from the Raiders to the Jets, with a 2nd round pick and two 6th round picks, for a 1st and 7th round pick. After a year in New York, he was traded from the Jets to Tampa Bay for a sixth round draft pick.

For as terrible as Macc was, I have no idea why Bradway isn’t detested at the same level or even more.

From trading out of the 1st round for Doug Jolley and a kicker, giving up 3 1st round picks for DeWayne Robertson, trading Santana Moss to bring back Laveranues Coles...

Bradway is a true sh*tstain 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

For as terrible as Macc was, I have no idea why Bradway isn’t detested at the same level or even more.

From trading out of the 1st round for Doug Jolley and a kicker, giving up 3 1st round picks for DeWayne Robertson, trading Santana Moss to bring back Laveranues Coles...

Bradway is a true sh*tstain 

Recency bias.  And less social media back then.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

That’s not true and you need to take a 5 min break and rethink your strategy today. 

3 years we've been watching Sam Darnold. 

Tell me what improvements he's made or glimmer of hope he gives you. 

Sick and tired of hearing he needs to get better and watch more film. 

QB's off the street were better than him last season. 

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Don’t disagree with this but he better get that O line ready to go this year or we wont have a QB left to build around . Be it Darnold or the next sacrificial lamb, O line needs to be better period. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, freestater said:

Working hard on bringing back Perriman, huh?

Not impressive. JD has to start closing deals, not just getting mentioned as an also-ran. If your mantra of building through the draft isn't followed up with great drafting, then your just another rehash of the last terrible GMs we've had

If we do bring him back, I sure hope it is incentive laden, low guarantees so that he is not a lock to make the roster.  I really want better than Perriman this year.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Optimistic but realistic free agency:

• Corey Linsley C
  • Kyle Long G (1 year stop-gap prove it deal)
  • Curtis Samuel WR (I think he fits this offense too well to pass up
  • Jamaal Williams RB
  • Trey Hendrickson DE
  • Jason Verrett CB
  • Desmond King CB (great special teams returner as well)
  • CJ Beathard QB

I'd be absolutely stunned if we sign that many free agents. It never happens that way.

Here is a few names I would like to hear..

Thuney or Linsley

Golladay or Fuller or Samuel

Shaq Barrett.

I'll take any three of those guys and be very happy.

There are a ridiculous amount of edge rushers on the FA market right now.

Barrett, Dupree, Hendrickson, Lawson, Clowney, Judon, Ngakoue and Floyd.  There are a bunch more even.

I would be really surprised if we didn't heavily target one of those top names though.  The prices are going to be a bit more reasonable because of the supply than it will with WRs and OL this year.

I saw a post from Costello (NYPost) that the Jets are much more interested in Thuney than Linsley.  

• Upvote 1