DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

You don't even know if Houston is going to trade him or what they want if they do.. Bottom line like it or not he signed a contract and if he don't play he don't get paid..

If Houston wants to punish Watson, trade him to the Jets.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

So the Jets finished their QB evaluation process before the BYU and OSU pro days? Before meetings with the prospects? I believe the Jets decided they have to move on from Darnold but that’s probably it.

I can see them deciding Watson is a better option than a rookie right now, without meeting the rooks.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Are we really believing that ticket sales might be a factor in this decision?  Hell, if Covid is under control this fall I might ****ing buy season tickets and walk my ass to New Jersey 8 times if I have to.

Ticket sales should be the last of any owners worries coming off the pandemic.

Yeah.  Ticket sales isn't the issue. 

But this stuff is believable to me because Woody (and I say this all the time) has always been a PR first owner.  His priority is being in the press and winning is secondary.  That's the way he's always been.

It wasn't this way with CJ but he's just seems to be a dummy.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

#2 overall, thus more like 5 first rounders and a 3rd

We get that.  #2 overall is why we're the favs.

When the Giants or Broncos offer three ones, it can't touch our three ones.

Until after the draft.

I'm ok with the three ones and maybe one more thing - like a 2nd or a replaceable player like Maye or Mims.  That offer still beats 4 ones from other teams.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

We get that.  #2 overall is why we're the favs.

When the Giants or Broncos offer three ones, it can't touch our three ones.

Until after the draft.  

For sure.  Thus people lumping #2 overall in with 23 and probably a top 10 pick next year doesn't reflect value.

You need to look at a trade like this as what you are potentially giving up player wise and pick wise rather than 'three first round picks'

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

For sure.  Thus people lumping #2 overall in with 23 and probably a top 10 pick next year doesn't reflect value.

You need to look at a trade like this as what you are potentially giving up player wise and pick wise rather than 'three first round picks'

We are.  Our "three ones" beats other teams "three ones and a player" by far except Miami.

Three ones gives up only two future players as one pick would have been used for a QB.  

Also not sure about top ten pick next year.  Better roster, easier schedule, dead-coach-bounce.

37 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We're bored.

Plus it is totally a Woody move.  

I agree, it's almost certainly made up but would it shock you if it were true?

I'm on the fence. 

Yes it wouldn't shock me. But between JD and Saleh I cant imagine either would endorse that move and would be extremely upset. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Texans did not have more talent on defense; they had less and played worse (in excess of a 109 QB rating against, which has got to be some kind of record). Plus their OL was worse than the Jets’ line. Their schedule was more difficult as well. 

The finished 4-12 because they surrendered 25 points or more in 14 of 16 games as they faced almost a dozen playoff opponents. Jets played against 7. 

Context. 

No QB literally carries a team all by himself, putting aside all the cliches. The obvious difference between Watson & Darnold is that one is a tremendous asset to his team - one of the best in the league - and the other needs to be carried, as he’s one of the worst. 

With that said then - you endorse giving up 4 first round picks?

51 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Texans did not have more talent on defense; they had less and played worse (in excess of a 109 QB rating against, which has got to be some kind of record). Plus their OL was worse than the Jets’ line. Their schedule was more difficult as well. 

The finished 4-12 because they surrendered 25 points or more in 14 of 16 games as they faced almost a dozen playoff opponents. Jets played against 7. 

Context. 

No QB literally carries a team all by himself, putting aside all the cliches. The obvious difference between Watson & Darnold is that one is a tremendous asset to his team - one of the best in the league - and the other needs to be carried, as he’s one of the worst. 

What difference does it make the jets have very low talent levels the team needs help at Oline, WR, TE, CB, pass rusher and probably safety as well.

The  object of the game is to build a team good enough to win a super bowl not have gaudy passing stats. 

Kirk Cousins and Matt Stafford have had big passing stats,

FA is not saving this team nor is a bunch of mid or late round picks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

What difference does it make the jets have very low talent levels the team needs help at Oline, WR, TE, CB, pass rusher and probably safety as well.

The  object of the game is to build a team good enough to win a super bowl not have gaudy passing stats. 

Look how Mahomes looked will some linemen missing and he still had his TE,RB and receivers. Build the team first..

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

With that said then - you endorse giving up 4 first round picks?

Show me the actual bottom-line asking price needed to become the highest bidder and I’ll tell you if it’s worth it.

I’m not seeing where 4 first round picks is coming from. But if it meant not sinking 3 more years in another failure QB prospect? Absolutely.

FFS people are seriously advocating using the most valuable of those assets - which would presumably account for 2 of those 4 1st round picks - so the team can ultimately upgrade it’s RT. That’d leave 2 more 1st rounders, and one of those will be recouped (or nearly recouped) just by trading Darnold. 

The team has plenty of draft picks. It lacks a QB.  If you could assure me we could draft a FQB at #2 this year who’s at least 80% of Watson? Sure, that’d be better. I’m not that confident, though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

What many in the media aren't considering is that there is a very good chance the Texans really want Zach Wilson. He's pretty much turned into the consensus number 2 QB and#2 pick overall.

If that's the case, the Texans have no choice but to trade with the Jets. That gives Douglas significantly more leverage than many in the media want to acknowledge.

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who said the goal is gaudy passing stats?

The rest of the team is rebuild-able. 

I reject the premise that there’s some binary choice between a theoretical trade for Watson vs. having a good team. It’s quite feasible to trade for Watson and also build a playoff team around him. He doesn’t cost 15 draft picks and $80MM/year. 

The Jets would still have far more assets than mid and late round picks. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Look how Mahomes looked will some linemen missing and he still had his TE,RB and receivers. Build the team first..

Mahomes wasn’t under such durress because KC didn’t have good enough starting tackles. It’s because the OL was down to 2 backup tackles. Drafting Sewell doesn’t stop that from happening. 

The analogy to KC in the Super Bowl is the Jets drafting Sewell, and then playing with backup tackles because Sewell & Becton are both injured. 

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Who said the goal is gaudy passing stats. 

The rest of the team is rebuild-able. 

I reject the premise that there’s some binary choice between a theoretical trade for Watson vs. having a good team. It’s quite feasible to trade for Watson and also build a playoff team around him. He doesn’t cost 15 draft picks and $80MM/year. 

The Jets would still have far more assets than mid and late round picks. 

Are you looking to build a playoff team or a super bowl team? I think the best odds for having a super bowl team in the next 5 years is to hit on a QB 2nd overall and build around him with draft picks and cap space. 

• Upvote 1

Report: Deshaun Watson knows trade to Jets would limit their ability to build around him

Tyler Greenawalt
Thu, February 18, 2021, 12:04 PM

39dd1f81b3c585f8b2fb42284a59da44

It’s no secret Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston. It’s also no secret that the Jets can offer the Texans the best package in a trade.

But while a Jets-Watson marriage is plausible, it may also be unlikely. That’s because Watson understands that if he waived his no-trade clause to join the New York, it could hurt its ability to build around him, per a report from The Athletic’s Jayson Jenks and Aaron Reiss:

The Jets and Dolphins are two rumored preferred landing spots for Watson, whose no-trade clause gives him leverage. But a source said the quarterback is open to other teams and is aware that any trade with New York would limit the Jets’ ability to build a quality roster around him.

This report doesn’t necessarily mean Watson wouldn’t accept a trade to the Jets if it was the only one on the table, but it could indicate New York is much lower on his list of desired destinations. Other potential suitors include the Carolina Panthers, Miami Dolphins, San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos.

While the Jets have an advantage over other teams in trade negotiations with the Texans, they’re at a disadvantage when it comes to luring Watson. New York has four first-round picks in the next two drafts – which is likely enough to persuade the Texans to accept an offer.

The issue, though, is Watson needs to clear any trade before it can become official, and the Jets have one of the worst rosters of his possible suitors. A trade for Watson, as well as his contract, would cripple the Jets’ ability to build around him.

New York has enough cap space to take on Watson’s $15.9 million cap hit in 2021, but that number balloons to $40.4 in 2022. Depending on how many picks the Jets give up for the trade, Joe Douglas and company would then have to rely on either cheap free agents or late-round rookies to fill out their roster. That sounds too similar to the situation Watson wants to leave in Houston. Granted, Douglas already has a better drafting track record than Houston, but that’s a big risk for Watson when teams like the Dolphins and Panthers have a slightly better overall roster.

Houston is in no rush to trade Watson, yet, but negotiations could accelerate as the offseason progresses and more teams make proposals. The Jets should be among those who look into trading for Watson, but it’s not a given he’ll accept a trade to New York if it means he won’t join a competitive team.

• Thumb Down 1