DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

John McClain did a radio spot with some Denver dudes today (Broncos fans think they’re going to get Watson), and McClain said:

1. Watson isn’t going to the Broncos

2. Denver dudes whine that Watson has a no-trade, which keeps Broncos in play 

3. McClain reiterates that the Jets are already one of the teams Watson would go to AND

4. McClain repeats that the Jets would be the likely landing spot because they’re the only team with the draft capital and position to get a deal done.

5. States that the entire roster wants out of Houston because it is “miserable” inside the building right now.

6. Watson hasn’t spoken to anyone with the Texans as yet, buT McClain believes once that happens, and assuming Watson sticks to his guns, that’s when trade talks will begin in earnest. 

https://koanewsradio.iheart.com/content/2021-02-18-john-mcclain-with-big-al-and-jojo/

I kinda feel like he’s saying this just cuz he thinks it’s gonna take a hershel walker type deal and we have the most to offer. So he’s just pairing the two. 

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No one actually  wants Watson here. We like to have our own qb. One we drafted. 

If you could promise me the same level of development and arm talent and decision making, then yes I’d want to reset the Qb clock. If you can’t then I want victories and DW will give me those

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Hey I hope the jets make a solid bid to get him but we need to set a price, set a time deadline and move on.

We cant be bidding against ourselves as the jet often do.

Agreed - would love Watson, but on our terms alone, not Houston's. I would like such a transaction to feel like the Jamal Adams trade - nothing less than a complete fleecing. Otherwise, forget it - we've got a basement to climb out of. 

• Upvote 4

If Joe Douglas can find a way to trade out of the 2 spot this year and move back later in round 1.  Add a 3rd #1 for 2022 and a 2nd rounder this year and next year.

The Jets would now have 2 #1's and 2 #2's this year and 3 #1's and 2 #2's next year.

Turn around to Houston and offer them the 3 2022 #1's and Darnold for Watson and Houston's 2022 4th rounder.  They get Darnold to place hold for 2021 and then Houston has 3 #1's next year to do what they want.  If they get lucky Darnold becomes a player and they now have 3 picks to fix the rest of the team and the QB already in place.  Houston gets rid of Watson who does not want to be there. 

One rumor is saying they want 2 #1's, 2 #2's and 2 defensive studs.  I think Watson not wanting to be there will drive the price down a little.  3 #1's and a former #1 should be able to get it done.

In this one can dream scenario, the cost would be 2 #1 picks and Darnold.  Watson would be considered as The Jets 2022 first round pick.

The Jets would now have a total of 10 picks this year, 6 in the top 96.  In 2022 they would still have 9 picks starting in the second round.

If Houston says no to the deal.  The Jets are still in great shape with 3 #1's in 2022 and the ability to land the next big thing at QB. 

Darnold gets his last year to prove it.  If he fails The Jets #1 pick in 2022 will probably be top 5 again.  So they would have another chance at a top QB, with better talent on the team, via the 2021/2022 draft and free agency. 

The Jets still need a lot of pieces and I don't think swapping out Darnold for Wilson/Fields helps.  Landing Watson and having 19 picks over the next 2 drafts helps more.

34 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

If Joe Douglas can find a way to trade out of the 2 spot this year and move back later in round 1.  Add a 3rd #1 for 2022 and a 2nd rounder this year and next year.

The Jets would now have 2 #1's and 2 #2's this year and 3 #1's and 2 #2's next year.

Turn around to Houston and offer them the 3 2022 #1's and Darnold for Watson and Houston's 2022 4th rounder.  They get Darnold to place hold for 2021 and then Houston has 3 #1's next year to do what they want.  If they get lucky Darnold becomes a player and they now have 3 picks to fix the rest of the team and the QB already in place.  Houston gets rid of Watson who does not want to be there. 

One rumor is saying they want 2 #1's, 2 #2's and 2 defensive studs.  I think Watson not wanting to be there will drive the price down a little.  3 #1's and a former #1 should be able to get it done.

In this one can dream scenario, the cost would be 2 #1 picks and Darnold.  Watson would be considered as The Jets 2022 first round pick.

The Jets would now have a total of 10 picks this year, 6 in the top 96.  In 2022 they would still have 9 picks starting in the second round.

If Houston says no to the deal.  The Jets are still in great shape with 3 #1's in 2022 and the ability to land the next big thing at QB. 

Darnold gets his last year to prove it.  If he fails The Jets #1 pick in 2022 will probably be top 5 again.  So they would have another chance at a top QB, with better talent on the team, via the 2021/2022 draft and free agency. 

The Jets still need a lot of pieces and I don't think swapping out Darnold for Wilson/Fields helps.  Landing Watson and having 19 picks over the next 2 drafts helps more.

I'd love this scenario, but I really don't think we are the top landing spot if we trade out of #2. IMO that pick is the first step towards getting Watson, without it he likely goes to Miami.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No one actually  wants Watson here. We like to have our own qb. One we drafted. 

Yeah I'll bet Tampa's fans really hated swapping Winston for Brady. And years before, Brad Johnson for King/Dilfer.

;)   

No team drafts its entire starting 22. It's all in one's head which positions came via FA and which were drafted. 

-

It's hard enough to build a winner without setting that extra requirement. Get the best QB we can get. Don't care if he was drafted or via FA or via trade; don't care how old; don't care what style; it'd just be nice to have an awesome QB playing for the Jets.

What've we had that even came close in your lifetime, where you sat down for a game, confident our QB could manhandle anyone's defense? Most of '02 Pennington when Pennington looked like Montana II for his first dozen starts; before that a dozen games of Testaverde '98 after Parcells finally de-stubbornized on Foley; and O'Brien's '85 and first 2/3 of '86 (which you never saw anyway beyond some clips). That's it, and it's pathetic.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Sure seems like to me  McClain is starting to pass along messages from the Texans rather than his personal opinion.

Feels like everything coming out is both the Texans and Watson’s camp begging the Jets to arbitrate the divorce settlement. On the one hand, Douglas has some leverage that way, but on the other hand, if he doesn’t get Watson it’ll be because he choked.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Feels like everything coming out is both the Texans and Watson’s camp begging the Jets to arbitrate the divorce settlement. On the one hand, Douglas has some leverage that way, but on the other hand, if he doesn’t get Watson it’ll be because he choked.

It's definitely starting to feel like it's JD game to lose...and it could be the biggest game he'll ever play.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's definitely starting to feel like it's JD game to lose...and it could be the biggest game he'll ever play.

The lines are drawn in the sand. On one side You have the Texans who will be asking for the moon, while on the other JD is determined not to get fleeced. Who will give in? If JD is patient and let it plays out we can get Watson for a reasonable deal. In any case the #2 pick will ultimately be in any trade scenario, it’s what the Jets would have to give up in addition to it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

The lines are drawn in the sand. On one side You have the Texans who will be asking for the moon, while on the other JD is determined not to get fleeced. Who will give in? If JD is patient and let it plays out we can get Watson for a reasonable deal. In any case the #2 pick will ultimately be in any trade scenario, it’s what the Jets would have to give up in addition to it.

JD could put pressure on the Texans by making moves on some of these receivers. They can’t make official offers to anyone before March 15, but the Jets should be flooding the media with rumors about getting after every WR available. Offer a few late picks for Odell and get shot down. Show Watson’s people that you’re not going to bring him in then turn around and draft two strong safeties and a nose tackle.

• Upvote 1

OK cool.  Well Watson is the right QB.  Any system, any roster scenario, Watson is the right guy.
Right guy for any system and any roster scenario? This right guy went 4-12 last year with a team that had better talent then the Jets. We need to improve this roster before giving up 3 or 4 first round picks for any player.

Sent from my sp7731e_1h30_native using JetNation.com mobile app