DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

If you are on the side of Woody Johnson on how to rebuild a team you should re-evaluate your position....giving anything more then the number two pick and two more 1sts is completely moronic.  Let JD do his job and make the decisions if Woody is getting involved we are completely fVcked. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If this does turn out to be true then a few thoughts:  1) None of the 1sts better be the #2.  2) The player better not be QW, Becton or Mims.  3) The 1sts in future years better be "protected" from being Top 5 picks.

1) About the only thing the Jets hold as leverage over every other team who would want Watson is the #2 pick. It will, 100%, be included in any trade compensation package we send to them. The Texans will want it to start over and pick their 2nd favorite QB in the draft.

2) I guarantee you, it will not be either Becton or Mims. QW, maybe, but even I think that QW plus the 2OA, plus 3 more 1sts is a lot.

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If it include FOUR 1st round picks one of them can't be the #2 IMO.  If they want the #2 pick then we have to back them off to two or maybe three 1sts.  And maybe I'm in the minority but I see QW being one of the best defenders in the AFC by the end of next year.

There's just no way that we land Deshaun Watson and not give up the #2. No way. Although, 4 first round picks is nearing my maximum.

A year ago I wouldn't have blinked at giving QW up in a package to land Deshaun Watson. Now, though? I admit it's a bit harder.

Now, 2 firsts, 2 thirds, and QW for Deshaun Watson? I make that deal and not look back.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If it include FOUR 1st round picks one of them can't be the #2 IMO.  If they want the #2 pick then we have to back them off to two or maybe three 1sts.  And maybe I'm in the minority but I see QW being one of the best defenders in the AFC by the end of next year.

Would you consider #2, #34 and Next year's to #1 picks and call it a deal. Can Jet fans live with that?

If QW is included then only one #1 next year. I think Saleh and DC can work around Q being gone with some of our depth.

Gaining Watson, however, gets us to 6-10 as soon as he signs the contract!

40 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Would you consider #2, #34 and Next year's to #1 picks and call it a deal. Can Jet fans live with that?

If QW is included then only one #1 next year. I think Saleh and DC can work around Q being gone with some of our depth.

#2 this year our #1 next year and CJ Mosley  

We keep the Seattle picks. 

Giving all of it up is a lot but the way we draft comes into play. 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

#2 this year to me has a value of 3 1st rounders at least.

The two 1st rounders next year could EASILY be both top 10

Just how does watson go  6-10 immediately when he won 4 games last year.

Giving up mega resources is just stupid for the shiny toy that in the end will not make you a super bowl contender imo.

We FINALLY have the resources to take a talent poor team and over a two year period up the talent level all over the place really well and we are going to toss it for a QB who alone does not make you win.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

We went 7-9 without him in 2019.

• Upvote 3

Are we really believing that ticket sales might be a factor in this decision?  Hell, if Covid is under control this fall I might ****ing buy season tickets and walk my ass to New Jersey 8 times if I have to.

Ticket sales should be the last of any owners worries coming off the pandemic.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I would trade QW if they took a first rounder out of the package otherwise it’s too much 

You don't even know if Houston is going to trade him or what they want if they do.. Bottom line like it or not he signed a contract and if he don't play he don't get paid..

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

#2 this year to me has a value of 3 1st rounders at least.

The two 1st rounders next year could EASILY be both top 10

Just how dos watson go  6-10 immediately when he won 4 games last year.

Giving up mega resources is just stupid for the shiny toy that in the end will not make you a super bowl contender imo.

We FINALLY have the resources to take a talent poor team and over a two year period up the talent level all over the place really well and we are going to toss it for a QB who alone does not make you win.

I agree 

We need a franchise QB but we shouldn't trade the entire franchise for one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1