DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah I'll bet Tampa's fans really swapping Winston for Brady. And years before, Brad Johnson for King/Dilfer.

;)   

No team drafts its entire starting 22. It's all in one's head which positions came via FA and which were drafted. 

-

It's hard enough to build a winner without setting that extra requirement. Get the best QB we can get. Don't care if he was drafted or via FA or via trade; don't care how old; don't care what style; it'd just be nice to have an awesome QB playing for the Jets.

What've we had that even came close in your lifetime, where you sat down for a game, confident our QB could manhandle anyone's defense? Most of '02 Pennington when Pennington looked like Montana II for his first dozen starts; before that a dozen games of Testaverde '98 after Parcells finally de-stubbornized on Foley; and O'Brien's '85 and first 2/3 of '86 (which you never saw anyway beyond some clips). That's it, and it's pathetic.

You saw DW play last year right  because the Texas with much more talent played almost as bad as we did with gase...

No thanks on Watson 

19 minutes ago, GaryM said:

Right guy for any system and any roster scenario? This right guy went 4-12 last year with a team that had better talent then the Jets. We need to improve this roster before giving up 3 or 4 first round picks for any player.

Did they really have better talent though - if you subtract Watson from the equation?  Their defense was historically awful (ours wasn’t quite that bad), and Watson made a lot of crappy players on offense (like Chad Hansen) look better than they are.  Also, maybe our “lesser talent” actually isn’t quite as bad as it seemed when an awful coach was calling plays that were ill-suited for a struggling young quarterback, and we’d have a different opinion of the talent level if Watson was behind center.

By the way, the appropriate comparison isn’t with our talent level last season - it should be with the talent we’ll have this year after an impactful free agency, a new coaching staff in place, and a draft that may still have at least one pick in every round, even after a potential trade for Watson.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I said this weeks ago.  I don't know if the Jets get Watson, but any trade for Watson must go through us in some way (unless Jacksonville gets involved).  There just isn't an outcome where the Texans can trade Watson without getting a QB of the future.

I wouldn't sleep on us as the middle-man of a three team deal, which would end up being the trade down many are hoping for.

I would think that they would at least check with Jax first before talking to any other team.  They should be in the business of getting the opportunity to pick the best QB in the draft, not the second.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, prime21 said:

I would think that they would at least check with Jax first before talking to any other team.  They should be in the business of getting the opportunity to pick the best QB in the draft, not the second.  

Agreed.  But, with Lawrence on the board, I could see Jacksonville, who also has a ton of needs, saying they'd prefer to make the pick and have 5 years on the rookie deal, then spending the money/resources on Watson.

That would be an interesting debate around here, were we at #1.

• Upvote 2