Is Curtis Samuel the perfect fit at WR for the Jets?

Shockwave

Sign Samuel, Everett and have SF throw in Jalen Hurd in the Sam Darnold trade... Boom mismatch city

Take Fields/Wilson (your preference)

Then take WR Bateman (MIN) or Moore (PUR) + memphis RB K Gainwell.

Boom. there you go. Crush the fcking the league.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Sign Samuel, Everett and have SF throw in Jalen Hurd in the Sam Darnold trade... Boom mismatch city

Take Fields/Wilson (your preference)

Then take WR Bateman (MIN) or Moore (PUR) + memphis RB K Gainwell.

Boom. there you go. Crush the fcking the league.

You trying to hit some of this D’wayne Eskeridge highlight reel? Just a small hit

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

I really like this take. Samuel added to Mims & Crowder. And if the Jets & JD trade back its time we find a player that every single defense we play has to plan for, and that's Kyle Pitts! Herndon sucks. 

Now I would never advocate drafting a TE in the 1st round but this draft won't be normal based on our draft capital. If we move back, most likely it would add a #2, #3 & possible a #1, or #2 next year? 

Now I don't know about you guys but if I'm heading into 2021 & we've already signed for example, Curtis Samuel, Joe Thuney, and Trey Hendrickson in free agency, and we traded back & added Kyle Pitts & were still left with #23, #34, another #2, and three 3rds starting with #66, id be doing cartwheels! We have to remember that NEXT YEAR, we'd still have two #1s, maybe 3 or two #1s, two #2s. 

Just imagine having a starting lineup of Mims, Samuel, Pitts, Crowder! With a good Oline. PLUS, my sleeper pick with one of our three 2nd rounders! Toney out of Florida! That dude is Tyreek Hill lite, and with all of those other weapons would be an X-factor in this Shanahan offense! Break him him just like they did with Deebo. 

I know taking a TE in the 1st scares everyone, but I'm only advocating this with a trade back for more picks. Kyle Pitts might just be the best offensive player in this draft! Who's covering him? His hands are outstanding! I am so sick of having literally one of the worst offenses in this league for years. It's time to change that this year & get some damn play makers and use the entire field instead of asking our QBs to play in a phone booth. 

In this scenario.....who is throwing the ball?

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Nobody listens to me anymore, but I’m a sucker for punishment. I agree with you on the overpaying for slot guys (essentially). 

That’s kind of mislabel for Curtis. His MO isn’t a shifty slot guy. He was a RB at Ohio state who was flexed out so much that people liked his skills better at receiver. It’s taken 2+ years for him to develop, but you’re catching him at the right time. He’s got the natural talent of a back in his vision and ability to slide through defenders and contact. I don’t think twitchy or shifty is who CS is... he’s more Steve Smith. 

he’s a better investment that resetting the WR contract bar with Godwin or Robinson (for where we are)

this offense is at its best creating mismatches off play action. Players like Samuel and a TE are needs. And Jalen Hurd. 

HURDDDDDDD

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

Nobody listens to me anymore, but I’m a sucker for punishment. I agree with you on the overpaying for slot guys (essentially). 

That’s kind of mislabel for Curtis. His MO isn’t a shifty slot guy. He was a RB at Ohio state who was flexed out so much that people liked his skills better at receiver. It’s taken 2+ years for him to develop, but you’re catching him at the right time. He’s got the natural talent of a back in his vision and ability to slide through defenders and contact. I don’t think twitchy or shifty is who CS is... he’s more Steve Smith. 

He was a RB at Ohio State?  Didn't he mostly play that hybrid H-back position that Meyer had for Harvin, Jalin Marshall, etc?   He was a HS RB, but I think he expected to be WR in college.  I remember reading about him adjusting to the footwork of WR when he was at Ohio State.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

He was a RB at Ohio State?  Didn't he mostly play that hybrid H-back position that Meyer had for Harvin, Jalin Marshall, etc?   He was a HS RB, but I think he expected to be WR in college.  I remember reading about him adjusting to the footwork of WR when he was at Ohio State.

They’re maybe more Ohio educated peeps on here than me, but he was certainly a RB early on, but like you said got used more and more as Jack of all trades. Harvin was further along as a receiver coming into the nfl - but even he and unorthodox path in his first couple years with MIN 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

#Destiny

is that coming from your wifes mystical powers? lol we always had dreams of his versatility being an asset for this team. I know the 9ers are still really high on him so im not sure they're willing to part with him.   He was having a great camp this year before the ACL

10 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Jonnu Smith and Curtis Samuel would be good fits for this offense. 

Starting to prefer that situation to the often repeated  “Thuney + A Rob” talking points. 

Jonnu is my number 1 wish in FA. He deserves his own thread. Like Samuel he falls right in line with underused and would be a star on the right team. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Id pass .  You can find a guy like Samuel in the draft.  We have tons of picks the next 2 years.  We can find guys like this in the draft.

Tell me what player can do all of these things in the draft? 

Can Score a TD on any play. 

LavishSmoothGreatargus-max-1mb.gif.9f862cfb163e6acd838178f09b587b06.gif

Who runs as hard as Deebo?

samuel-beast-mode.gif.afb782ef79b045adad499042e6221d8b.gif

Who could highpoint or make these kind of catches?

samuel-fantastic-catch.gif.bbced2b5da84cf8e135f6b38e3b9ad31.gif

Or Maybe he runs like Tyreek? Speed is somewhat similar. 

samuel-run-speed-td.gif.60dbec2de2ade49d4e68ae6f76b97981.gif

Who runs inside Draw Plays this hard? No other WR does that. 

samuel-runner.gif.48bf9f448edf53d45f80d7a54ae109b0.gif

Who can highpoint?

samuel-another-kickass-route.gif.d258bd287a6c1d4b0b5787d38583eded.gif

Name who can do this in the draft? 

Explosion wise you'll need to trade up for Waddle which will cost our 1.23 plus other mid round picks. 

The Smart move since Crowder comes off the books next year and is older is to sign a guy like Samuel and Draft a WR in the mid rounds to develop. Next year Samuel moves inside and the mid round WR is ready to start alongside Mims and Samuel in 2022. 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

They’re maybe more Ohio educated peeps on here than me, but he was certainly a RB early on, but like you said got used more and more as Jack of all trades. Harvin was further along as a receiver coming into the nfl - but even he and unorthodox path in his first couple years with MIN 

I feel like this is why his best days are ahead of him. WR's just take longer to develop then other positions and he was a RB. 3 years in and Joe Brady was the first person to use him correctly. His best QB was Kyle Allen before this year. He goes somewhere GB and he's a star. 

• Sympathy 1

Watching the Samuel highlights, I want to sign him even more then I did before.  Hes not just running jet sweeps, the guy can legit line up in the backfield and run between the tackles.  Putting him on the field with 2 TEs and 2 WRs can create ridiculous mismatches for an offense.  

He is also a good complement to Mims and will likely be slightly underpriced compared to Allen Robinson etc.  

I would certainly prefer investing 4 years and $45 in Samuel then I would in Robby Anderson.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Watching the Samuel highlights, I want to sign him even more then I did before.  Hes not just running jet sweeps, the guy can legit line up in the backfield and run between the tackles.  Putting him on the field with 2 TEs and 2 WRs can create ridiculous mismatches for an offense.  

He is also a good complement to Mims and will likely be slightly underpriced compared to Allen Robinson etc.  

I would certainly prefer investing 4 years and $45 in Samuel then I would in Robby Anderson.

There are some runs from last year that he ran right up the middle like a traditional RB as you mentioned that looked really good. He runs harder then MUCH bigger men. 

Samuel in motion, or motion to the backfield is just a huge problem for defenses. When he's actually running in motion that play could be a Jet Sweep, Run up the B gap, Jump Ball or 50 yard bomb. 

If he goes somewhere with a decent QB hes going to put up WR2 production which he kind of already did this year. If he goes somewhere with a really good QB he's going to be a poor man's Tyreek Hill. My initial comparison was Deebo but Samuel is a 4.31 guy. 

Lost in all of this is the fact that Samuel just put up 77 catches and 1000 total yards playing with the 29th ranked QB in the league in 15 games. What is this guys upside with a good QB?

19 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

is that coming from your wifes mystical powers? lol we always had dreams of his versatility being an asset for this team. I know the 9ers are still really high on him so im not sure they're willing to part with him.   He was having a great camp this year before the ACL

I dared not tempt fate with that one. I don't know what to expect with the 49ers. They don't have reason to move on from him other than if the mood of 2021 is trying shed injury prone players. In theory he's still the guy to play next to Deebo, and across from Aiyuk... I can't go there emotionally.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I dared not tempt fate with that one. I don't know what to expect with the 49ers. They don't have reason to move on from him other than if the mood of 2021 is trying shed injury prone players. In theory he's still the guy to play next to Deebo, and across from Aiyuk... I can't go there emotionally.

id guard your heart on this one lol I dont think he's going anywhere, he was pegged as the starter this year next to deebo if he wasnt hurt.   

At least we got mims, we're shooting 50% on our baylor crushes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

now you gotta get on the Darden train ?

• Upvote 1

I want Curtis Samuel and Kadarius Toney. Those two will open up the passing game for whoever is throwing the ball. Add to that if Chris Herndon can finally wake up and get a fire lit under his ass this offense can be something to fear. Add a Kenneth Gainwell who would be also featured in the passing game and look out.

Sign Curtis and draft Toney at #23 and let's score some points. 

On 2/5/2021 at 12:51 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah guys.  Instead of pairing Watson with Chris Godwin/Allen Robinson/Kenny Golladay, lets keep Darnold and roll with Curtis Samuel!  After all, it's not like we have the 2nd most cap space in the league.

My favorite wish is for Watson to Godwin.  I also like Samuel a lot.  I like his versatility.  But in the end, it is all about QB.  You are one of the sober ones and done with the blockhead 14.  New QB for 2021 please.  No faith in Darnold. None, as in zero. Even less confidence in him.  Bye.  Here we are and Joe Douglas has a rare opportunity (bloody rare) to snatch one of the two damned QBs would have changed the trajectory of the team but for Macs love of an overrated safety. 

• Sympathy 1