What's on the Menu?

Muenster and cheddar cheese on crackers, black olives, chips and french onion dip. Celery sticks and baby carrots. tortilla chips with spinach artichoke dip.

I got 2 DiGiorno supreme  pizzas and pigs in a blanket.

Because it's going to snow here on Long Island, I don't know if my kids are staying overnight. But if school is cancelled in the morning I'm going to make jambalaya rice and bake some chicken cutlets with onions and barbecue hot sauce.

Bailey's, vodka, Bud Light.

If it's worth doing it's worth overdoing!

Take the Bucs to upset the Chiefs!  I've seen this movie before.

Everybody stay safe! Enjoy!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Muenster and cheddar cheese on crackers, black olives, chips and french onion dip. Celery sticks and baby carrots. tortilla chips with spinach artichoke dip.

I got 2 DiGiorno supreme  pizzas and pigs in a blanket.

Because it's going to snow here on Long Island, I don't know if my kids are staying overnight. But if school is cancelled in the morning I'm going to make jambalaya rice and bake some chicken cutlets with onions and barbecue hot sauce.

Bailey's, vodka, Bud Light.

If it's worth doing it's worth overdoing!

Take the Bucs to upset the Chiefs!  I've seen this movie before.

Everybody stay safe! Enjoy!

1 to 3 inches

Man some of y’all are going all out. Nice!

We’re starting off the day with cafe con leche and some left over cornbread from a restaurant we went to last night (don’t judge! It was the best cornbread we’ve ever had. Saved two bites so we can re-live the moment. Lol). Then, later today, my 6 year old daughter (my sous chef) is going to help me make some fish tacos and we’ll have some yuca with pickled onions as well. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

We’re starting off the day with cafe con leche and some left over cornbread from a restaurant we went to last night (don’t judge! It was the best cornbread we’ve ever had. Saved two bites so we can re-live the moment. Lol). Then my 6 year old daughter (my sous chef) is going to help me make some fish tacos a bit later and we’ll have some yuca with pickled onions as well. 

Enjoy covid monday .

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Bayside. That's  what weather channel says. Nothing is sticking where I live

Dead smack in the middle of Suffolk County I got big flakes coming down. This is awesome because during the last snowstorm my kids were at their Moms.

They wanted to watch the SB with me but they had school in the morning, so hoping this works out as my girlfriend is here with her son as well and tomorrow is her birthday. We've been celebrating all weekend LOL! 

A snow day would cap it off.

• Upvote 2

Normally my wife and I, along with my sister and brother -in-law, go to the local Knights of Columbus as they put out a great spread of food and open bar all game.   Unfortunately due to the pandemic that event is cancelled this year. So just staying home.  My wife is making chili and we also have some snacky food to pick on.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

We’re starting off the day with cafe con leche and some left over cornbread from a restaurant we went to last night (don’t judge! It was the best cornbread we’ve ever had. Saved two bites so we can re-live the moment. Lol). Then, later today, my 6 year old daughter (my sous chef) is going to help me make some fish tacos and we’ll have some yuca with pickled onions as well. 

What kind of fish is the norm for fish tacos usually? Is it fried cod? 

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Sitting here having coffee thinking about how I never heard of pasteles.  Grew up and worked in NYC for a great part of my life.  Had all types of food.  After the pandemic, I need to find an authentic place that makes those things.

Downtown Brooklyn used to have some good spots, also the worst neighborhoods I have ever been in, probably not worth it. I'm sure any Puerto Rican place will have them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Next time, when all is covid-safe, you must visit us.  Mohawk House dinner on us. 

Thanks, Dcat.  I was not exaggerating at all.  I always hate to leave your area after spending the day.  The folks who designed and constructed Lake Mohawk knew what they were doing.   Just an idyllic setting.  Tourists like us must make you nuts crowding up the town.

Very cool ice cream shop in town, too.  They had like 300 flavors.  lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Downtown Brooklyn used to have some good spots, also the worst neighborhoods I have ever been in, probably not worth it. I'm sure any Puerto Rican place will have them.

Back in the 80s, I had a job where I was assigned two territories in Manhattan.   Wound up in some of the toughest neighborhoods, wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase, where I thought I'd at the very least get knifed. lol   

It's where I was exposed to lots of different ethnic foods which were a departure from my Italian/French background.  I had my first Cuban sandwich on lower 14th street as an example.   That's why it's a head scratcher that I never had pasteles.  Now, I'm on a mission to taste one even if I have to make 'em myself.

• Upvote 2