Adam Schefter: Jets Seem "Inclined To Move On" From Darnold

9 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

You're not going to go shopping for a house if you're happy where you're living. Why go through such a hassle? You only conduct due diligence when you want to make a change. And the fact that the Jets are "house hunting" shows that they don't have confidence in Darnold. Why the hell would Douglas want to start off the tenure of Robert Saleh with a QB the team has serious doubts about? The answer is, they wouldn't. 

And not everyone who entertains moving and looks at houses ends up moving.

Sometimes you think the market is a little overheated and the cost upgrade isn't worth it.  Sometimes the timing is not right.

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

What if they just roll their eyes really hard in person?  

End of the day I have a pretty simple standard: if they are someone who holds doors open for others, we can find commonality in one another. If they disagree with me, that's great; dissent stimulates new ideas. In fact, I want people to challenge my opinions/philosophy; that's how we grow. If they roll their eyes fine, I'll think of them as a jackass for the moment-may challenge for an explanation-but it will pass. The line is crossed when they attack my reputation and my character. Don't seek to invalidate some of the things I share and insinuate that I'm a fraud simply because they're in denial or have some other bizarre insecurity/jealousy/motive for wanting to cast doubt on me. Disagreements of opinions are welcomed, defamation of character is not. 

It’s inevitable: When you become successful, people will post negative things about you online. Never take those complaints or comments lightly. Protect your brand and respond immediately by phone or a direct message. If possible, do it in person.

Grant Cardone, founder of Cardone Capital, a $750 million real estate empire.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, football guy said:

End of the day I have a pretty simple standard: if they are someone who holds doors open for others, we can find commonality in one another. If they disagree with me, that's great; dissent stimulates new ideas. In fact, I want people to challenge my opinions/philosophy; that's how we grow. If they roll their eyes fine, I'll think of them as a jackass for the moment-may challenge for an explanation-but it will pass. The line is crossed when they attack my reputation and my character. Don't seek to invalidate some of the things I share and insinuate that I'm a fraud simply because they're in denial or have some other bizarre insecurity/jealousy/motive for wanting to cast doubt on me. Disagreements of opinions are welcomed, defamation of character is not. 

What if they kiss your face because you are beautiful?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, oatmeal said:

You gotta love the mental gymnastics that happens here though. Weeks ago when Schefter said he’d be surprised is Sam isn’t the QB next season, majority of the people here were screaming this was a fact. Now it’s pure speculation when he says the opposite? 

The Jets are making a decision that will make or break this franchise. People are talking about it and they have opinions. It happens.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

everything on this show is staged.  The decision to sell/renovate have been made in advance. It's still a good show.

Is that true? Seems like it is a stretch they way they put it on TV so I always wondered. Like they are going to do this renovation and you don't know if you are staying? That never added up to me.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Just quit while you are way behind.  A Grant Cardone quote?  lol.  You have not achieved any level of success by posting on a message board.  You don't have a brand or anything else to protect.  You clearly think you are very important.  Newsflash - no one cares.  This is a theme that many in this thread have tried to point out to you, but you continue.  

Many of your posts are condescending and rude, I assume because of this self importance.  Just stop and talk football. 

"Shut up and dribble." No thanks. 

I value myself, I'm confident, authentic, generous, and intuitive. Everything I invest time and thought in is important to me - whether it be my relationships, law, my business, or football talk on a message board. As much as I value myself I value others and their opinions, even if they "don't care". I acknowledge that too often comes off as arrogant or dismissive given that I write/speak with conviction even if that's not the intent. Sometimes I use "insulting" words because they're easier to convey a message; I write what I think, I acknowledge that's wrong, and I've apologized when an apology was warranted. 

I won't change. Sorry I'm not sorry

29 minutes ago, King P said:

@football guy I like your football posts and what you bring to this board, but don't you think there's maybe a slight chance you take yourself a wee bit too seriously?

I'm just saying, it won't hurt to lighten up just a little bit. The forum (like most of the internet) is mostly jokes anyway, nothing to get worked up over honestly 

I absolutely do take myself too seriously. It's been a critique I've received my whole life. Not to sound pompous, but I've never seen the need to change because whatever I've been doing has done me well in life thus far. Being said, I love a good joke, and I'm sure many would describe me as a light and funny guy when I put my guard down. But I have deep beliefs/principles and when the line gets crossed I can be a real jerk. Can't help myself. 

Anyway

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

As a Cuban, I'm happy to hear that my Canadian bro @Paradis has joined our brujeria clan. In fact, we are organizing a chicken sacrifice for the opener if the fans are back, make sure to stop by.

Haha. I am living in Mexico at the moment and it is quite common here. I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about it. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, football guy said:

I acknowledge that too often comes off as arrogant or dismissive given that I write/speak with conviction even if that's not the intent. Sometimes I use "insulting" words because they're easier to convey a message; I write what I think, I acknowledge that's wrong, and I've apologized when an apology was warranted. 

looking i see you GIF by iOne Digital

Insulting words are in the eye of the beholder. A person may take offense to the truth, but that's their problem. 

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, you’d have to be an idiot to believe this 

I'm insulted. ? People pick and choose what they're insulted by. If you mean individual words than obviously there are those that carry negative weight, and even then people apply their standard in a differential manner. However, as I stated "if a person takes offense to the truth"... For instance you almost hit me when you run through a stop sign and I yell "a-hole" (since I'm not going to stop and lecture anyone) you may feel insulted, but it's the truth and you are choosing to be insulted rather than accepting that in that situation you were in fact as stated.

2 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

Just quit while you are way behind.  A Grant Cardone quote?  lol.  You have not achieved any level of success by posting on a message board.  You don't have a brand or anything else to protect.  You clearly think you are very important.  Newsflash - no one cares.  This is a theme that many in this thread have tried to point out to you, but you continue.  

Many of your posts are condescending and rude, I assume because of this self importance.  Just stop and talk football. 

I’ll tell you, those post are some of the most sad and funny things you’ll ever read on a message board. True talent for one to be able to do that

1 hour ago, football guy said:

"Shut up and dribble." No thanks. 

I value myself, I'm confident, authentic, generous, and intuitive. Everything I invest time and thought in is important to me - whether it be my relationships, law, my business, or football talk on a message board. As much as I value myself I value others and their opinions, even if they "don't care". I acknowledge that too often comes off as arrogant or dismissive given that I write/speak with conviction even if that's not the intent. Sometimes I use "insulting" words because they're easier to convey a message; I write what I think, I acknowledge that's wrong, and I've apologized when an apology was warranted. 

I won't change. Sorry I'm not sorry

I absolutely do take myself too seriously. It's been a critique I've received my whole life. Not to sound pompous, but I've never seen the need to change because whatever I've been doing has done me well in life thus far. Being said, I love a good joke, and I'm sure many would describe me as a light and funny guy when I put my guard down. But I have deep beliefs/principles and when the line gets crossed I can be a real jerk. Can't help myself. 

Anyway

image.png.3a083d6e29fa856d315070f512533072.png

image.jpeg.cf74872c788d53916246e5b2a26ff010.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Wit said:

@football guy I don’t understand how your sources work, but wouldn’t doxxing yourself put them at risk? There are likely reporters and team officials in here as well. Just a thought. Maybe you want to rethink putting your name out there. 

Can assure you there’s no team officials scouring a message board. 

9 hours ago, football guy said:

The only irony is that I've had to resort to acting insecurely because I have a bunch of unstable message board users in denial who take it upon their selves to accuse me of being a phony, who seek to stigmatize my reputation because what I say doesn't fit within their agenda, despite me having already offered up my sources and even my own identity.

holy hell this sentence

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

This thread has more drama than a Real Housewives show on Bravo TV.  Good lord.  Here's a bit of advice.  You are going to have doubters in all walks of life.  Don't take it so personally.  Focusing on your own substance and contributions while having the ability to brush off negativity is a sign of maturity.

Back on topic...

I understand Shefter's argument and position, but I don't really agree with his conclusion.  The Jets have a new coaching staff, new systems to implement, the #2 overall pick in the draft, and a ton of cap space.  They would be foolish not to explore all their options at the most important position in sports.  This premise is solidified more so when you consider that Darnold is going into his 4th season and a decision needs to be made on his 5th year option.  I don't see this as damning to Darnold at all.  It's called due diligence, and it's the way a professional organization should be run.

My prediction: the Jets select Wilson or Fields at #2 and keep Darnold to play out his 4th season.  They will ease the rookie into action by letting Darnold start the season.  The hope is Darnold plays relatively well, but the team will eventually hand the keys of the offense to the future quarterback.  Next year, let Darnold walk in free agency and receive a comp pick for him.  With all that said, Darnold will get an opportunity to prove himself in the new system.  If he plays lights out, the Jets can certainly look to retain him long term and use Wilson/Fields as a trade chip.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Wit said:

@football guy I don’t understand how your sources work, but wouldn’t doxxing yourself put them at risk? There are likely reporters and team officials in here as well. Just a thought. Maybe you want to rethink putting your name out there. 

Eh I don't really care anymore I'm pretty much done here. I see now there is no avoiding the fact that message boards are one in the same, no matter the platform: too many online personas just wanting to vent their emotions, dig their feet into the ground and act intolerant while spouting horsesh*t from behind their keyboards because they feel like it's a safe space where they belong. That's never been me. I'm not the type who will accumulate 38498595 posts. Once the bars open up and life can resume as normal, I'm no more than a 1-2 post per week guy anyway. 

I came here to talk football in-depth, to offer up info as discussion points, to dissect rumors with others, to analyze transactions, to share different perspectives, and to learn more about the game. If other stimulating conversations come about I could be into it too. Joining a forum again seemed there would be potential for better dialogue, but boy was I wrong. 

There's a good phrase to live by: know thyself. The message board business was never for me; I'm a lot better directly communicating with people or those that I know. I won't change, and I know that I will engage in arguments if I feel the need to defend myself. I'm not sorry for it, but I also don't need the frustration. It's not productive at all. I'd rather say to hell with it, reveal myself, and drop the mic and leave rather than sit there and take it in the ass by some fatcuck with horrible skin typing away in their mother's basement, snickering at the thought of writing up some conspiracy theory that I'm just making things up (I don't seriously think this is the case, but it's what I picture when I see some of the poor sentence structure/excessive emoji use by some of the posters). Not about that action boss. 

Maybe I'll post threads in here from time-to-time, maybe I'll remain a silent reader, maybe I'll be a 3-to-5 poster per week. We'll see. All I know is I'm done with the daily interaction. 

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

I’ll tell you, those post are some of the most sad and funny things you’ll ever read on a message board. True talent for one to be able to do that

The only true talent you have are (1) excessive emoji usage... That's it. Sorry that you suck at life, find a rock to pick on or something. You are a skidmark in the underpants of society, and unless you're ready to reveal your identity/meet off-platform to talk it over (your puss is as wide as the Lincoln Tunnel, so I doubt it), you're irrelevant. Bye bye ?