Adam Schefter: Jets Seem "Inclined To Move On" From Darnold

11 hours ago, football guy said:

Maybe I'll post threads in here from time-to-time, maybe I'll remain a silent reader, maybe I'll be a 3-to-5 poster per week. We'll see. All I know is I'm done with the daily interaction. 

I'd be really disappointed if you stopped posting or posted less frequently. Like @Shockwave said, don't let the trolls or dumb dumbs bring you down. I can definitely sympathize with how you are feeling, I can't begin to tell you how many triggered arguments I get in on my YouTube comments haha I'm getting better at letting it go but it does make my blood boil at times. I'm sure @GREENBEAN can relate too.

Anyways, I hope ya stick around.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Pac said:

I can give you some good ammunition to use against the likes of the hideous @T0mShane, his disgusting minion @Jetsfan80, the pompous pseudo-intellectual @dbatesman, the vomitous mass @CTM, the twink in the wasteland that is J-Ville @JiF, the hyper-sensitive yet always pounding his puny chest @Integrity28....

3 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

They're also all gay.

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

So that earned him the rest of the month off.

Homophobic comments when you're clearly out of anything useful to say?  Weak and unwelcome.

I think Max has been pretty clear that this is not acceptable.

....But what if it was a true statement?

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, nycdan said:

So that earned him the rest of the month off.

Homophobic comments when you're clearly out of anything useful to say?  Weak and unwelcome.

I think Max has been pretty clear that this is not acceptable.

FWIW @football guy I hope you stick around.  At least some of the posters who make this place unpleasant eventually select themselves out of posting for a while.  Ain't Darwinism great?

If the quality of the posters on this board is the product of Darwinism, the Human Race is absolutely screwed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Peter King gives his take in his MMQB column yesterday:

3. I think this is my best guess on the next move on the offseason QB chessboard: Sam Darnold to the loser of the Wentzstakes, Chicago or Indy.

(To which a Chicago fan replied in the comments section: "So for Chicago it’s between severely overpaying for Wentz or taking on Sam Darnold? is death an option?")

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/08/super-bowl-lv-tom-brady-bucs-chiefs-nfl-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

So this thread has a little of everything.  Thanks for banning the first poster for the hateful comment.

We have told people over and over again that this isn't going to be tolerated here.  

I guess some people just refuse to pay aten-tion.

I mean... if you're telling them "over and over again", it sounds like you are "tolerating" it (at least a little). just sayn'

4 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I have not posted much in a decade. Posted a nice amount before that on JI which was a similar place to this. There was a draft forum on that site which had much of the intellectual conversations football junkies crave. That was around the time of the Brick/Leinart/Reggie Bush draft which was similar to this. Multiple high draft picks/cap space/fresh start. Just a great time to talk about football. Many of those posters then are on this very board and provide excellent insight. The type of guys even if you disagree with provide a really good convo about football. Jason from OTC was just a casual poster then and we debated contracts all the time. 

There are some great convo's to be had on these MB's. However no matter where you go there are going to be Flamers that fully get off on messing with others. You make a serious post. They post a reply baiting you into some personal argument or baiting some emotional rise out of you. When you take that bait it totally makes their day. They fully get off on that. 

Your post @football guy are crazy insightful. The Dline post was awesome. They are better than many actual articles or anything the Jets guys on Twitter/Youtube do(I do like @bla bla bla ).  @Mogglez is good too. Love your content even if I disagree. But man both of you guys take that Bait like every-time hook line and sinker. You're both super easy targets for those that get off on that kind of stuff. Watching you guys post is like watching Robb Stark walking into the Red Wedding. 

These sites are great bc like that single serving person you'll meet randomly and have a good convo then never see again you could do that here. As you mentioned it could be often, random or never. I have not posted in years before this last month or so. For you perhaps it's in between some law case as you get older. For me perhaps it's in between surgeries. 

The trick to satisfying that craving of having an intellectual football convo regardless of how often you post is NOT taking that bait. Perhaps you need to block posters. Put guys on ignore so you don't even see their post. For me the easiest way is only responding to people that want to have a good football debate regardless of if they agree or disagree with me. You just have to find what works for you. 

Responding to every unhappy 40 year old guy in their Mom's basement that baits you is just not the way. You're not changing them - They get off on you responding to them. More importantly those flame convo's are just a huge waste of time in life and are not going to satisfy any of the good football talk your craving. There's a-lot of really smart guys here that want to talk football without the BS. Just respond to them whenever you're in the mood wether thats often or not. Just avoid taking the Bait from the others. This is the way. 

Right on...

takethebait.png

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I mean... if you're telling them "over and over again", it sounds like you are "tolerating" it (at least a little). just sayn'

No, that couldn't be further from the truth. We ban someone who does something offensive and then we tell everyone else why this person was banned.

Then someone else does something, and they get banned.

We don't tolerate hate. That is on Aten, he can live with what he typed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Schefter is correct. It's simple deductive reasoning that the Jets are open to everything. If they were going all in with Sammy they would have said so. But that's not the case so that let's you know they're looking at everything. Honestly, I think they're looking at a potential trade package for Watson. They're seeing if after trading what it's going to take to acquire Deshaun Watson, can they still build a formidable team? What would they do in FA? If they've graduated past thinking they can get Watson, then they're looking at moving on with Sammy.

Robert Saleh in particular is looking at this with lots of input from Joe Douglas. 

My hope at this point, because I don't there's any way Deshaun comes with a reasonable price tag, is that they go all in with Sammy, trade down out of 2, pick up a kings ransom, and draft a QB later on. You shouldn't give Sammy the job. Make him fight for it with a QB the Jets draft after 2.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Beautifully said, poetic actually.  It would be a great place if everyone just had a civil conversation and allowed people to have opinions.  Unfortunately people start accusations, defamations, and spew outright degrading filth onto this board at times.  Like you said the key is to stay away from it all and stick to the conversations and interactions you want and cherish.  Anyone thats talked with me knows I never pick an argument on here, its all futile, people dont know me and I dont know them so theres no need to get into anything personal.   Aside from all the coaching clinics I attend and football coaching, I get a big part of my year round football fix from this site. 

I went a long time without it when JI shut down, then when I found this place and so many of the posters that I really enjoyed from there were here I was really happy to get into good strong NFL/JETS/Scouting debates and conversations.   It's a different type of talking ball than all of the game planning and scheme discussion I do year round.  

Hopefully @football guy sticks around and is able to block out all of the negativity that comes with this form of interaction.  I can only speak for myself but as ive said here, this place can be a really great outlet if you know how to use it. 

You said it better then me. It's a great outlet IF you know how to use it. My friends and I talk football all the time but not one of them is going into the crazy details, philosophies or cap strategies in building a roster that I love to talk about. 

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Peter King gives his take in his MMQB column yesterday:

3. I think this is my best guess on the next move on the offseason QB chessboard: Sam Darnold to the loser of the Wentzstakes, Chicago or Indy.

(To which a Chicago fan replied in the comments section: "So for Chicago it’s between severely overpaying for Wentz or taking on Sam Darnold? is death an option?")

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/08/super-bowl-lv-tom-brady-bucs-chiefs-nfl-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

"Is Death an option"

This actually made me laugh out loud. 

I really think it's wild that Carson Wentz may get a first rounder. He's getting old. He gets injured yearly. His Hero ball just never improved- it got worse. His mechanics are just horrendous. He is not fixing these things close to 30 years old. 

I have a bad feeling Philly got caught bluffing this week. Hopefully I am wrong bc Wentz going for a 1 would be amazing for Sam Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Some time away from posting and checking every single day in the last month or so to deal with some personal things has been a help.  I think my biggest issue is when I get stressed in life, I look to use this place as an outlet to get away from that because talking ‘ball has always been a genuine stress relieving hobby of mine.  When the trolls bring more of that stress to that hobby, I look to push back at it.

Appreciate the words.  I’m doing better at dealing with it now.

Not sure if we should believe you. Who is your source for this info?

:)

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd be really disappointed if you stopped posting or posted less frequently. Like @Shockwave said, don't let the trolls or dumb dumbs bring you down. I can definitely sympathize with how you are feeling, I can't begin to tell you how many triggered arguments I get in on my YouTube comments haha I'm getting better at letting it go but it does make my blood boil at times. I'm sure @GREENBEAN can relate too.

Anyways, I hope ya stick around.

I have a guy I'm consciously making myself stay away from in the comments.  It's just so dumb, but it gets me pissed as anything lol 

It's all good @football guy  It happens to the best of us.  Just know the majority would prefer all of the people who enjoy posting here to remain.  Just block anyone that bothers you. It will literally be over. :)   

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I have a guy I'm consciously making myself stay away from in the comments.  It's just so dumb, but it gets me pissed as anything lol 

It's all good @football guy  It happens to the best of us.  Just know the majority would prefer all of the people who enjoy posting here to remain.  Just block anyone that bothers you. It will literally be over. :)   

I noticed you haven't been answering me.

• Haha 2

Was reading Conner’s latest on the athletic and one of their draft guys had a mock with a trade that I actually really liked and thought was fair. 

The Jets get SF 2nd round pick in 2022, SF gets Sam and then they swap 1sts moving the Jets to 12. 

In the mock we do not land Watson. 

we select Wilson at 2 and then with 12 we pick Slater. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

3 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Was reading Conner’s latest on the athletic and one of their draft guys had a mock with a trade that I actually really liked and thought was fair. 

The Jets get SF 2nd round pick in 2022, SF gets Sam and then they swap 1sts moving the Jets to 12. 

In the mock we do not land Watson. 

we select Wilson at 2 and then with 12 we pick Slater. 

So they give us a 2022 2nd for Sam. And we swaps firsts why? Does the pleasure of trading with them necessitates going from 2 to 12? But then we we're pick with the 2 overall?

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

10 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

So they give us a 2022 2nd for Sam. And we swaps firsts why? Does the pleasure of trading with them necessitates going from 2 to 12? But then we we're pick with the 2 overall?

In this scenario we keep 2.

We're swapping 12 for 23.

49ers get Sam and #23

Jets gets 2022 2nd and #12

Not a bad trade.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Just block anyone that bothers you.

the lord of the rings no GIF

^^^^ this is the equivalent of the ignore button

Love you GB

However, Blocking is lame. Fight the good fight, have some fun with it, or just actually ignore it. 

I can't imagine having the little notification everytime the bad people post that says "you are ignoring content from user x"

I think plenty of posters are barf bags with hot diarrhea takes .... But I don't ignore them because I like to see what stupid people think. Nobody could offend or annoy me enough to want to block them, I still enjoy DWC as the unconscious troll that he is, bless his heart and rest his soul. At least he can have fun with the people who trash him, myself included, some posters are so thin skinned they ignore half the board.

Those people are gross.... (It's ok most of them can't see my post)

50 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Like the poster below mentioned already we keep our 2, we swap the 23rd with the 12, so we are moving up 11 spots to be just outside of the top 10. 

sorry, I didn’t think people would have been confused with how I worded it, I guess it could have been better. 

12 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

???

This guy encapsulated in a 90 sec clip everything that's wrong with Darnold.

I get Gase and Bowles stink. I get it. Watching Darnold play, his problems are not all bad coaching and bad playcalling. There are good QBs stuck in bad situations. Darnold is a bad QB stuck in a bad situation.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

???

He nailed it and couldn't have said it any better. What he says is, what I would think, completely logical and obvious. How so many people embrace this fantasy that Darnold will bloom into a franchise QB after what we've seen in his first three years is mind boggling. And that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Yes, fantasies sometimes come true. But you don't prepare for an NFL season by banking on a fantasy. Darnold needs to go to a team that can afford to put him on the bench, work on his problems, and see what happens. He does not deserve to be a starting QB anywhere.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1