Russel Wilson traded?

22 minutes ago, football guy said:

We live in a world where it’s more likely that Jordan Love, Marcus Mariota, or Sam Darnold line up under center for Seattle for the 2021 season than Deshaun Watson getting traded 

Backing away from that Darnold will be here next year and y’all mad crap ?? 

image.jpeg.d2394829b34764a939ba25cf0ab36ecb.jpeg

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Things will work out for Jamal.  He made the playoffs and unless he franchised or traded, he can eventually hit free agency and pick a team to poison.  

I think he's in for a pretty big disappointment, money-wise, if the franchise tag at Safety was 10 mil.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

With no Russ next year (if it's true) I would guess that there's a pretty decent chance that our Seattle pick could turn into a top 5 pick.  Could be very exciting.

Over on the Seahawks forum, they have figured out that starting a rebuild now plays directly into the Jets' hands.  To say they are not happy would be a gross understatement.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I think moving on now is a great move for Seattle if they can get a deal that allows them to reload.  They won't compete in the NFC West next year with Russ.  Facing SF, LA and AZ with Jones and Watt, Russ might not survive the year.   Russ was sacked 20 times in division games last year and 5 times in the playoffs against the Rams.  SF gets Bosa back and AZ gets Jones back along with Watt. 

Russ is a dead man walking if he stays in the NFC west.  The guy has been concussed multiple times, holds the ball forever as a key part of his game and looked out of it at the end of last year. 

They would be much worse without Wilson and don't have their draft pick for next year.  Russel Wilson is still playing in his prime and they won 12 games last year.  He has a ton of guaranteed money on his deal. Why wouldn't they compete in that division next year?  They should be favored to win the division going into next year.

1 minute ago, chad2coles said:

They would be much worse without Wilson and don't have their draft pick for next year.  Russel Wilson is still playing in his prime and they won 12 games last year.  He has a ton of guaranteed money on his deal. Why wouldn't they compete in that division next year?  They should be favored to win the division going into next year.

No.  The Rams, with Stafford, are now heavily favored.  SF in 2nd.  SEA in third slightly behind SF.  If they trade Wilson, I suspect they drop to a distant fourth.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

SF was without both Bosa and Garoppolo last year and they barely beat them twice.  They split with AZ and LA.  LA destroyed them in the playoffs and just upgraded their QB.  SF won't be a wounded duck next year and AZ is going to be better.  They could come in last with Russ next year.  

They will get something back in trade for Russ.  It's not like they will be just tossing Russ without getting something back.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

No.  The Rams, with Stafford, are now heavily favored.  SF in 2nd.  SEA in third slightly behind SF.  If they trade Wilson, I suspect they drop to a distant fourth.

I don't disagree that they wouldn't have a shot if they trade Wilson, but that's not really part of the discussion.  The question is whether or not now is a good time to rebuild, and since they don't have their own 1st round pick next year, the answer is no.

The Rams will be better with Stafford, but the Seahawks won 12 games last year and are in pretty good cap position relative to the rest of the league.  I don't see how you can favor the 49ers over the Seahawks with the questions they have all over their roster.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

SF was without both Bosa and Garoppolo last year and they barely beat them twice.  They split with AZ and LA.  LA destroyed them in the playoffs and just upgraded their QB.  SF won't be a wounded duck next year and AZ is going to be better.  They could come in last with Russ next year.  

They will get something back in trade for Russ.  It's not like they will be just tossing Russ without getting something back.  

They won 12 games last year, have the best QB in the division, and are in a good cap situation.  The 49ers have questions all over their roster and Garoppolo has had 1 good year.  Who plays in their secondary?  LT?

The Seahawks have never had a losing season with Wilson and will still have plenty talent around him if they keep him.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

I don't disagree that they wouldn't have a shot if they trade Wilson, but that's not really part of the discussion.  The question is whether or not now is a good time to rebuild, and since they don't have their own 1st round pick next year, the answer is no.

The Rams will be better with Stafford, but the Seahawks won 12 games last year and are in pretty good cap position relative to the rest of the league.  I don't see how you can favor the 49ers over the Seahawks with the questions they have all over their roster.

It's not me.  It's Vegas.

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/football/nfl/nfc-west/winner

And while the Seahawks are literally directly in the middle of the league in terms of cap ($17M under) they are severely lacking in draft picks which puts them a step behind everyone else (thank you, Jamal), contributing to their lower odds.  Also remember that SF had the most injuries in the league last year and should be getting their entire DL back.  

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Two things I heard on NFL Network on Sirius about this. First, Charlie Weiss thought that Darnold to Seattle makes sense if Wilson traded. Said with what he’s done in Seattle, Carroll is there as long  as he wants to be. Second, on Movin the Chains, Pat Kirwin asked his co host, Jim Miller, who does Bears radio, who is the best player on the Bears, because that’s where this will start. His answer, Roqwan Smith.

lol.  Net result:  Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold for two 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd, plus another pick.  

Any other overrated/unwanted players you want from us Seattle?  Give us all your picks!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KRL said:

I'm sure CHI's first round pick (#20) would be included in any Wilson deal.  So I would
want that in the Darnold to SEA deal.  That would give us three #1's, Douglas would
have the ability to dominate the draft.  I still can't believe we're even talking about this

Well they call it the silly season for a reason..B)

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

I have maintained that its my belief that Darnold will be the QB for the NYJ next season. I've even put percentages on it. Hell I made a circle graph. Nothing has changed. I believe there's a 30% chance that he's traded and Zach Wilson is selected. Unless you're a 2+2=5 guy (likely based on the sensational takes, uninformed opinions, and vitriol posting habits), that would imply I believe there is a much greater that Darnold is back. The point is that Deshaun Watson is not getting traded, and with that there's a better chance Russell Wilson/Sam Darnold are traded. "More likely" does not mean "likely" either, you incompetent swine. 

Do me a favor and don't quote me, don't at me, don't even mention content I post. You're a skid mark in the underpants of society, and I have no desire for people like you to ruin the fun of football discussion on a message board right before free agency is set to begin. 

Good day. 

The closer we get to draft, the more the 3 year new deal for Darnold makes sense.  I think of 97 when Parcells got here.  His first big signing was Mawae (think Linsley or Thuney), and he preferred a vet QB Testaverde, who was a relatively late bloomer, but had the skills and experience to help us hit reset.  Taking a crapshoot rookie in year 1 of Saleh, particularly since none of them are a slam dunk and particularly since Wilson is a 1 year wonder, with a h/o shoulder injuries, a reputation for being a bit more Rosen in attitude and background, doesn't make a ton of sense.  A strong o-line, a playmaker early in the draft, build around Darnold, and maybe a few more picks.   And bring in a vet to challenge Darnold.  That's what turns this around more quickly, and we can still hit reset at QB if it doesn't work.  The probability that works in our favor is much greater than waiting for the growing pains of another rookie qb without playmakers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

The thing about the NFL right now is that Ryan Pace has literally no concern for the 2022 and 2023 drafts.  Lets say Pace gives up 2021 1 and 2, 2022 first and Kahli Mack for wilson, one of 2 things happen.

1. Wilson is that good, and paired with Allen Robinson and a mid-level FA propels the Bears to a 11-12 win season and Pace is lauded in Chicago, possibly gets extended and then uses his mid round picks to try to keep a band aid on the team around wilson.

2.  Wilson isnt able to get the team over the top, they stay at 7-9/8-8 and ownership uses Wilson to entice a new GM/HC combo and Pace certainly doesnt worry about Bears picks when he is ass director of college scouting somewhere. 

Pace should have been fired.  You can't have a GM with short term thinking.  That's exactly how Parcells F'd us.

4 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

The closer we get to draft, the more the 3 year new deal for Darnold makes sense.  I think of 97 when Parcells got here.  His first big signing was Mawae (think Linsley or Thuney), and he preferred a vet QB Testaverde, who was a relatively late bloomer, but had the skills and experience to help us hit reset.  Taking a crapshoot rookie in year 1 of Saleh, particularly since none of them are a slam dunk and particularly since Wilson is a 1 year wonder, with a h/o shoulder injuries, a reputation for being a bit more Rosen in attitude and background, doesn't make a ton of sense.  A strong o-line, a playmaker early in the draft, build around Darnold, and maybe a few more picks.   And bring in a vet to challenge Darnold.  That's what turns this around more quickly, and we can still hit reset at QB if it doesn't work.  The probability that works in our favor is much greater than waiting for the growing pains of another rookie qb without playmakers.

Yes, let's model our approach to what worked in the NFL in the late 90s (and still only got us 1 deep playoff run even then).  

Crapshoot rookie QB's didn't make as much sense back then because they cost a lot more.  QB's on rookie deals these days are a bargain, and you can "fail quickly" with them if needed.  It's interesting you mention Rosen in the same post, because the Cardinals did exactly that with him and it worked out pretty well.

Meanwhile, at this point, Darnold on a 3-year deal is a riskier proposition than a rookie.  You can't get much riskier than the guy who was the league's worst QB for 3 straight seasons.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Rewarding Sam with a three year deal for being the 30th ranked QB is a fire-able offense for JD.

Let Sam prove himself before we extend him.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

You're missing the fact that a rookie QB would be on a cheap contract for the next 4 years and wouldn't have 3 years of questionable to outright bad NFL tape on his resume. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And they just gave their GM an extension.  

What a mess.

Total schizoid management.  Build a SB team with some of the best drafting in NFL history.  Sign a QB for huge money and dump out of draft picks for years.  Dump QB in his prime for more draft picks.  

They own it.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

So in a year's time, Seattle gives up two first round picks for a box safety, then trades away their superstar QB.

When did Mike Maccagnan join their front office?

And all the Seattle fans were saying it didn’t matter giving up the first round picks because Seattle sucked at picking first rounders anyway.

6 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Rewarding Sam with a three year deal for being the 30th ranked QB is a fire-able offense for JD.

Let Sam prove himself before we extend him.

Yep.  Would be shades of Tannenbaum giving Sanchez an extension as makeup sex for flirting with Peyton.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, football guy said:

I have maintained that its my belief that Darnold will be the QB for the NYJ next season. I've even put percentages on it. Hell I made a circle graph. Nothing has changed. I believe there's a 30% chance that he's traded and Zach Wilson is selected. Unless you're a 2+2=5 guy (likely based on the sensational takes, uninformed opinions, and vitriol posting habits), that would imply I believe there is a much greater that Darnold is back. The point is that Deshaun Watson is not getting traded, and with that there's a better chance Russell Wilson/Sam Darnold are traded. "More likely" does not mean "likely" either, you incompetent swine. 

Do me a favor and don't quote me, don't at me, don't even mention content I post. You're a skid mark in the underpants of society, and I have no desire for people like you to ruin the fun of football discussion on a message board right before free agency is set to begin. 

Good day. 

ignore him, he is a moron.

• Post of the Week 2